A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blouse5

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by Blouse5 »

Yes, it didn't work though.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I just replayed that scenario on version 1.11.4, and it worked correctly... Could you please send me your replay of that scenario? That should give me a hint of what is happening...
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Blouse5

Post by Blouse5 »

Here is the replay
Attachments
ASoF-Legend_Of_The_Water..._replay.gz
Replay on 1.11.4
(110.35 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

That's really weird, there's no problem with the coding (not that I can see anyway); and I played this scenario many times, and it always worked well... Sorry to ask this, but could you please restart this scenario (from the .gz file, not from the first turn) and replay it, to see if fthe same thing happens?
PS.: you could use the debug mode to save time.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
ants

Post by ants »

revansurik wrote:That's really weird, there's no problem with the coding (not that I can see anyway); and I played this scenario many times, and it always worked well... Sorry to ask this, but could you please restart this scenario (from the .gz file, not from the first turn) and replay it, to see if fthe same thing happens?
PS.: you could use the debug mode to save time.
Part I: Legend of the water dragon
Hey there -I am having the same problem - just returned her to her keep and nothing is happening - any trick? (pls do not tell me to restart :))
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well, you can type :debug and then :n, this will send you to the following scenario; it will be an ugly thing - this way a character that should die at the end of Legend of the Water Dragon will remain alive :? - but at least then you'll be able to continue the game while I find a solution to this problem (I'm on the final days of the semestre, and the university is, like, spamming exams and presentations against me :-P )

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Version 0.4.0 is out!
This time, there are many changes and corrections - not huge, groundbreaking, but still notable, and some may be very welcome to the player ;-)
One of the most important things is that I (hopefully) improved the balancing on Hard level. Also, (hopefully) I fixed the problem that didn't trigger the end scenario event in Legend of the Water Dragon - at least it didn't happen when I played...
Here goes the changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 0.4.0:
        -------------------

- Units
           - Gave both Ravyan and Jevyan some unique skills, to set them apart from common Aragwaithi soldiers
           - Removed Myra's Tsunami attack
           - Changed most of the Celestial units' arcane resistances
           - Messenger line's melee attacks now have Marksman ability; also, Heralds and Seraphs have a ranged attack
        -Scenarios:
          - The Wilderness: Monsters' side is now split in 3 different groups which fight each other, rather than ganging up on player's side
          - Besieged: Removed Charioteers from Atyllan's recruit list
          - Fires of Hope: Turn limit now depends on difficulty level; besides, on Normal and Hard, a Merman shows up to help you in the fight, but only if you can pay him.
          - Wings of Rebellion: Corrected mistake that prompted the orc sovereign to call in reinforcements if player kills his allies even if he has already called them
        - WML:
           - Minor changes that should not be noted while playing
        - Text:
           - Minor changes to the writing

;-)
gooby

Post by gooby »

"Rise of the Dragons": "crations" → "creations"
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

"Rise of the Dragons": "crations" → "creations"
Corrected that ;-)

;-)
gooby

Post by gooby »

"Darn ranks" in Blood of the Steppes should have a slightly stronger word in front of "ranks". It is difficult to believe that a fierce Mongol horseman—I'm virtually certain that's what the Hannuks are modeled on—would say "darn".

ps I have to say that this is one of best UMC campaigns I've ever played and like the changes that have come since last I played it.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

"Darn ranks" in Blood of the Steppes should have a slightly stronger word in front of "ranks". It is difficult to believe that a fierce Mongol horseman—I'm virtually certain that's what the Hannuks are modeled on—would say "darn".
I see... Well, I thought 'darn' was a heavy enough word - I just didn't want to use any R-rated word :-P
And yes, the Hannuks are (very loosely) based on Altaic people, which includes Huns and Mongols ;-)
ps I have to say that this is one of best UMC campaigns I've ever played and like the changes that have come since last I played it.
I'm glad that you liked it, and also the changes :-)

;-)
gooby

Post by gooby »

revansurik wrote:
I see... Well, I thought 'darn' was a heavy enough word - I just didn't want to use any R-rated word :-P
But "damn" already appears a number of times in the campaign. And the forum allows it.
revansurik wrote:And yes, the Hannuks are (very loosely) based on Altaic people, which includes Huns and Mongols ;-)
Does the name "Hannuk" come from anywhere?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Does the name "Hannuk" come from anywhere?
I thought of this name based on Evenk, which is the name of a Tungusic (Altaic) people from East Asia; this was how I thought: Evenk -> Avank -> Aank -> Annuk -> Hannuk :-P

;-)
gooby

Post by gooby »

Interesting!

"The Sun Path": "thread lightly" → "tread lightly".

"Wings of Rebellion": "our prays" → "our prayers".

"The Valley of Silence": "I humbly thank thee" ... here "thee" is referring to the "Great Gods", which is plural. But "thee" is singular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Mode ... h#Pronouns

"thee" should be replaced with "you" (the objective form of "ye").

I should also add that "aquatic body" does not appear to heal 5 HP in water as advertised.
Blouse5

Post by Blouse5 »

Sorry for the delay, my comp broke :augh:
Anyways I did from gz file before and after updating but still didn't work. :o
Edit: If I skip with the debug, will the campaign still work like normal