A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by revansurik »

karkoon wrote:Thank for your quick answer and wonderful campaign.
I replayed previous scenario from several latest turns, tried to recruit new high level units,
but in Farewell have only this 10 low level creatures.
I didn't replay all previous scenario from beginning, because I pass through Farewell using debug mode.
Right now I finished whole campaign.
I'm glad that you enjoyed it! ^_^
BTW, in what Wesnoth version were you playing? If it was on the newest version, it might be a bug related to it, because in the older versions I didn't have this bug (not in the latest releases of the campaign anyway)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
kele

Post by kele »

Hi,
I started to play this brilliant campaign two weeks ago. (on hard level of course ;) )
The story is interesting, but not ended yet, so only a notice:
In the scenario "Twilight of kingdoms" i think you missed sides.
In the story the Dragon Leader has huge army, the elves are remains of their people.
BUT
After arriving the dragon, he recruits only 3 times but the elf leader continuously to the end ("recovered some of my warriors").
Related to story, i think this methods should be inverse; the elf leader should recruit 3 times, and the dragon leader continuously.
Now with elves the player can kill enemy leaders, even also dragon. Even also on hard level. Well, not too easy, but can be done.
Sorry if i spoil sy's fun 8) , but i think it is the correct method related to the story.

I played some scenarios in BfW 1.12.0 (Windows, but it is not important), downloaded your campaign before Christmas, its version number is 0.5.7.

Another question: do you think about internationalisation? I didn't find the campaign's .po file.
(I am not really beginner, made translations already. Now came back to refresh them and find news. I made eg. Bad Moon rising, Invasion from the Unknown, To lands Unknown, etc)

Modification:
I looked into source. There is no missing, only mistype. GOLD for elves is 4500 instead of 450, i think.
Last edited by kele on January 7th, 2015, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

first scenario, difficulty hard, version 1.12
a problem with my allies gold occured. they only have 14 gold, which i believe should be 140 gold
karkoon

Post by karkoon »

revansurik wrote: I'm glad that you enjoyed it! ^_^
BTW, in what Wesnoth version were you playing? If it was on the newest version, it might be a bug related to it, because in the older versions I didn't have this bug (not in the latest releases of the campaign anyway)
Yes. It was latest version.
kele

Post by kele »

Konrad2 wrote:first scenario, difficulty hard, version 1.12
a problem with my allies gold occured. they only have 14 gold, which i believe should be 140 gold
It is a HARD Level. It is a CHALLENGE. You can do it, just try again. The 3 units keep back enemies for a while.
You will meet bigger problem later ;)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@kele
its not my first time playing the campaign, i know it is the hard version. and i didnt call it a problem because it would me disable from winning this scenario :D i called it a problem because i am sure it wasnt intended. i just went and compared it with the gold on "easy" and "normal"

on easy your allies have 180 gold
on normal you allies have 160 gold
on hard your allies have 14 gold

you see why i think 180 -> 160 -> 140 makes more sense
then 180 -> 160 -> 14 ?
kele

Post by kele »

:roll:
Based on queue's rule... you are right!
darksister

Post by darksister »

nathanson1947 wrote:I am using Wesnoth 1.12.0. I was playing at the easiest difficulty. I was playing the "Legend of the Water Dragon " scenario. I reached the point where Myra had encountered the Water Dragon fountain, and the stated scenario objective was now to bring Myra back to her keep. I succeeded in bringing Myra back to her keep, but this did not end the scenario.

I have the same problem!
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

The problem you have encountered is a bug caused by placing from the beginning one time event that triggers when Myra reaches the specified location (34, 3). However victory will be claimed only if any of your units have reached the fountain first. So if you move Myra from keep and then move her back before visting the fountain event will be triggered without satisfying the victory condition. Because, as mentioned, this event fires only once in scenario game doesn't check again that Myra has visited the fountain or not thus depriving you your earned advancment in campaign.
To fix this permamently victory condition should be either nested event placed after visiting a fountain or, optionally, constant event – which is superflous, but will also work.

So, to succesfuly complete the scenario you have at least three options:
  • 1. Don't move back Myra to the keep (location 34, 3) before visiting the fountain.
    2. Wait for the author to fix the problem.
    3. Replace scenario in question with attached unoficial fix.
Attachments
11_Legend_Of_The_Water_Dragon.cfg.zip
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well, just came back from travel, and I see I have many messages to answer :-D
So, let's see...
kele wrote:Hi,
I started to play this brilliant campaign two weeks ago. (on hard level of course ;) )
The story is interesting, but not ended yet, so only a notice:
In the scenario "Twilight of kingdoms" i think you missed sides.
In the story the Dragon Leader has huge army, the elves are remains of their people.
BUT
After arriving the dragon, he recruits only 3 times but the elf leader continuously to the end ("recovered some of my warriors").
Related to story, i think this methods should be inverse; the elf leader should recruit 3 times, and the dragon leader continuously.
Now with elves the player can kill enemy leaders, even also dragon. Even also on hard level. Well, not too easy, but can be done.
Sorry if i spoil sy's fun 8) , but i think it is the correct method related to the story.

I played some scenarios in BfW 1.12.0 (Windows, but it is not important), downloaded your campaign before Christmas, its version number is 0.5.7.

Another question: do you think about internationalisation? I didn't find the campaign's .po file.
(I am not really beginner, made translations already. Now came back to refresh them and find news. I made eg. Bad Moon rising, Invasion from the Unknown, To lands Unknown, etc)

Modification:
I looked into source. There is no missing, only mistype. GOLD for elves is 4500 instead of 450, i think.
Indeed, the elves should not recruit that many units; BTW, I'm glad you've enjoyed this campaign so much! :-D
About internationalisation, yes, it would be great to have this campaign translated to other languages; if you're willing to do it, that would be most welcome :-D I'll just have to ask you for hints on how to use .po files, as I've never used them before.
Konrad2 wrote:first scenario, difficulty hard, version 1.12
Yes, another silly mistyping on my part, sorry :oops:
Wesbane wrote:The problem you have encountered is a bug caused by placing from the beginning one time event that triggers when Myra reaches the specified location (34, 3). However victory will be claimed only if any of your units have reached the fountain first. So if you move Myra from keep and then move her back before visting the fountain event will be triggered without satisfying the victory condition. Because, as mentioned, this event fires only once in scenario game doesn't check again that Myra has visited the fountain or not thus depriving you your earned advancment in campaign.
To fix this permamently victory condition should be either nested event placed after visiting a fountain or, optionally, constant event – which is superflous, but will also work.

So, to succesfuly complete the scenario you have at least three options:
  • 1. Don't move back Myra to the keep (location 34, 3) before visiting the fountain.
    2. Wait for the author to fix the problem.
    3. Replace scenario in question with attached unoficial fix.
Thanks very much for pointing out the problem, Wesbane; I should correct that for the next release :-)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
kele

Post by kele »

About internationalisation:
It is written in this link:
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesCamp
Theoretically:

Getting your add-on into WesCamp

Now, to get your add-on into WesCamp, all you do is put this line into your add-on’s .pbl file and upload to the add-ons server:

translate=true

And your add-on will eventually be uploaded to WesCamp.

Then you can check the gettext page (gettext.wesnoth.org), if it is a new translation and use any pot-editor (i use poedit for windows) to make a .mo file. This mo file you can attach your project to a correct name and place. (YourCampaignPath/translations/hu/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth-A_Song_of_Fire.mo for Hungarian for example) As i know the translatable file name will be the textdomain name.po . The text domain name is set by you in the main.cfg .
as i see the format you did correctly ("_" character before translatable string)
If it is not working, then there is a forum theme for UMC campaign translations.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

kele wrote:About internationalisation:
It is written in this link:
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesCamp
Theoretically:

Getting your add-on into WesCamp

Now, to get your add-on into WesCamp, all you do is put this line into your add-on’s .pbl file and upload to the add-ons server:

translate=true

And your add-on will eventually be uploaded to WesCamp.

Then you can check the gettext page (gettext.wesnoth.org), if it is a new translation and use any pot-editor (i use poedit for windows) to make a .mo file. This mo file you can attach your project to a correct name and place. (YourCampaignPath/translations/hu/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth-A_Song_of_Fire.mo for Hungarian for example) As i know the translatable file name will be the textdomain name.po . The text domain name is set by you in the main.cfg .
as i see the format you did correctly ("_" character before translatable string)
If it is not working, then there is a forum theme for UMC campaign translations.
So, if I get it correctly, I should upload the campaign to WesCamp, and once there whoever is interested in making a translation will be able to, and any new translation will be authomatically updated? :hmm:

;-)
kele

Post by kele »

No.
If you set this line in your .pbl file:

translate=true

then you automatically become the part of WesCamp project. The .po is automatically created.
Well, at least i think it is working so.
BUT i don't know what is about this project now. As i saw the gettext list, my old translations are not updated, the POT creation dates are hmmm, old times.

Firstly simply try to upload your campaign again, with the mentioned line in your .pbl file.
If it is not working, then there is a mailing list for translators, or there is a forum theme, where you can ask about the project (WesCamp i18n short name instead of internationalisation).
I was active translator some years ago. Now came back to see what is about my translations, but don't know actual procedures
brickluis

Post by brickluis »

Hello,

I am writing you now about the scenario "Farewell" from song of fire campaign. The goal indicated says to put Jevyan to the middle of the river to the east, without no additional indication where exactly going. I moved Jevyan inside the river, and also on the other side of the shore, and unfortunately nothing occurs. I would like to know if this is due to some bug, or if some informations are just missing ?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate this campaign !

Regards,

Eric
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Continuing with my (slow) replay of my campaigns, I've done a few more changes and additions to A Song of Fire, mainly new portraits to some characters, as well as some portrait variations (such as Myra's Dragon Sorceress version, which I personally found really cool ^_^ )
Here goes the changelog for version 0.5.8:

Code: Select all

V. 0.5.8

- Scenarios
    - Slight changes and corrections to the dialogues in various scenarios

- Units
    - Decreased Scythe Charioteer's movement in 1 hex and War Charioteer's movement in 2 hexes
	- Gave Light Archon line the Magical weapon special
    - Celestial Legionnaire line now has the ability Steadfast
	- Added Celestial-only names

- Artwork
    - Changes to Myra's portrait
	- New portrait for Myra's Dragon Sorceress form
	- New portrait for Maat's Avatar of Nature state
	- Changes to Akashia's portrait

;-)