Campaign: The Flight of Drakes ~v1.1.3~

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NoQ

Campaign: The Flight of Drakes ~v1.1.3~

Post by NoQ »

Should work on 1.11 and 1.10 (though the latter may miss some portraits during dialogues). That's yet another campaign for drakes. The campaign is relatively short and simple (7 battles and 2 interludes), yet more plot-oriented (a bit more talk and a bit less action then usual).
Follow drake king Klader on his quest to find the Crown of Light, a legendary artifact from pre-historic times.
All levels are complete, as well as the plot itself. The campaign should now be playable to the end.
This campaign also has a sequel called "Only Death Behind".
Last edited by NoQ on July 16th, 2013, 3:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
NoQ

Re: Campaign: The Flight of Drakes

Post by NoQ »

The first thing i don't understand is why it's not present in the addon list in 1.10 after i uploaded it with 1.11 :oops: do they have separate addon lists?
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

NoQ wrote:... do they have separate addon lists?
Yes.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Fixed :oops:
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi sorry the map of the 3rd scenario, can't be loaded on 1.10.5.
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Uhm, campfires not available in 1.10?
Fixed, updated the campaign to v1.0.1 for both 1.10 and 1.11 (/me feels like a binary): also fixed a bug on level 6 and some dialogues on the last level.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

I still can' load the map. Here is, I think, the file : There is a map error cfg msg
FoD-Northern_Ruins_Turn_12
Attachments
FoD-Northern_Ruins_Turn_12.gz
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry I'm very bad, with computers :oops: So there are 3 times, the same file.
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

The savegame you posted works well for me, the next level starts without any problem. Are you sure you actually updated the campaign addon to v1.0.1? What error are you getting, anyway?
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry I'm an idiot ! :oops: I forget it it ! Thanks, let's continue ! :oops:
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Yay. I think i made a tracking map.
Look:
Of course, this is done by re-arranging and re-blending pieces of the original map of wesnoth; you will easily recognize some familiar patterns. Also, i couldn't just re-use the original map, since i'm violating (and/or planning to in different sorts of sequels and prequels) the wesnoth setting quite severely. Not sure i'm still in the same universe.

Will update the campaign soon; i just leave this image here for now, because it's good to have it free of captions even if they will be added later.

One of the reasons why i didn't add captions yet is because i can't come up with names. Can anybody make up a name for a couple human towns and the large river running around? :oops:
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Updated the campaign to v1.0.2, with the tracking map included and all paths painted on it, and even some captions.
Also fixed some minor bugs and typos in dialogues.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

(Edit rewrites everything except the bug report)

I'm enjoying this one's plot and varied battles. I played through on easy (more for the story), and will be replaying on hard medium.

During the battle with Nygwyn, I had a Siege Of Elensefar moment, thinking that I needed to go back a few scenarios and improve my XP management. While this is a good thing, I then realised that I'd simply chosen the wrong tactics (hadn't stopped and regrouped).

A couple of ambush-in-villages surprised me, but overall it felt a fair and rewarding campaign.

I've seen a bug in the final scenario (version 1.0.2 for Wesnoth 1.11), but only visible reading the WML:
Spoiler:
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Yay, thanks for the feedback, thanks :D
Ambush in villages were mostly to try punish fast-expand tactics (Grelgar is a bit too fast, needed to contain him somehow).
Is it good that a campaign is challenging on Easy?

v1.0.3 is on the server(s) now, i fixed the typo and made a ... poster ^_^
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Thanks for the quick bug-fix and poster.

I think the easy difficulty is set correctly. I was playing for relaxation and plot-watching, and wasn't paying enough attention to strategy.

Replaying on medium difficulty I'm having to spot what I missed (spoiler):
Spoiler:
Despite missing those, on easy I finished the campaign without having to go back to a previous scenario. I was restarting the current scenario or going back a few turns to try different tactics (not for the RNG alone, but when the RNG pointed out that the current tactic was wrong). Easy is sufficiently easy to get through while trying to defend the wrong bits of the map :)
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.