Imperial Era Campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

taptap

Re: Imperial Era Campaigns

Post by taptap »

I liked the overall theme that there is no victoria cross and heroes welcome, but a good scolding and something about learning humility and being less reckless in future and rightly so.

Gali's contract: Two replays for your information (1st scenario and failing in the 2nd, but almost made it this time)
Spoiler:
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Noted, that's good feedback.

Yes, I rally don't like 'Our friends in the North', but I'm conflicted about whether I really want to fix it or just leave it in its broken form until I can get around to doing the full-scale re-write that I've been wanting to do to this campaign for years. Still, I'd appreciate any feedback you give, as anything you provide will not go wasted, whichever way I end up going.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

New release of Tale of Vaniyera: version 0.11.0 for Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.13.

I'm finally happy with the dialogue of the campaign, so this one features my first attempt at a translatable campaign, including the .pot file for you translators to go ahead and make me eternally happy by converting it to other languages.

I hope everything works as intended, but if you have any issues, please let me know, I'm new to this. Of course, if you find any other bugs, please let me know.

There's also a couple of minor gameplay changes based on taptap's feedback.
Spoiler:
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

I've added feedback in the Gali's Contract campaign thread, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24360 , with my suggestions for Our Friends in the North.

Commenting here because the other thread doesn't show up in the active threads list (I guess an anti-spam defence for necro'ing a thread that was last commented on 5 years ago).
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

octalot wrote:Commenting here because the other thread doesn't show up in the active threads list (I guess an anti-spam defence for necro'ing a thread that was last commented on 5 years ago).
The add-on feedback forum just isn't included in the active topics search/link.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Thanks Octalot. You're right, I didn't get the ping!
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

I've just release a WIP version of a remake for Fall of Silvium, the Lavinian Legion campaign, for Wesnoth 1.13.

This remake has just 3 of the original 8 scenarios so far, but the changes are pretty significant and I'd value feedback on them if people are keen to revisit an old favourite.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Tale of Vaniyera:
'Ambush'
At some point at the beginning Vaniyera says 'menn' instead of 'men'.
And 'rage' does not work only when you are attacking someone with it, but also when you are attacked. (Which is different from it's description.)
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Thanks for playing the campaign.

The 'menn' thing is intentional. It's found throughout the Orbivm campaigns to refer to non-human humanoids.

Rage is only supposed to work on offensive, but has been bugged for a while. Thanks for the reminder to fix it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

ToV
Is it really okay if the turns run out? It doesn't seem to be a lose condition.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Which scenario?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Every scenario. :D

And Faolan Hero of Old (Ancient) demands upkeep. (despite being loyal)
(Something similiar (maybe the same bug, making this a wesnoth thing), was reported here.)

Ancestor: Ranged 6-3
Ancient: Ranged 5-4
Why is there a downgrade regarding the dmg amount per hit?

You might want to increase the xp needed for advancing a lvl 3 Tempest to a lvl 4 Stormlord (Sidhe) 100xp is reaaaaaaally low.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Just a small thing, but the campaign (Vaniyera) awards (most times) the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
Details as to why and how to fix it can be found in issue #3983.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Just pushed a little update to fix that. Thanks for the note.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've added replay topics for The Tale of Vaniyera.