New Mini-Campaign: Ilayin the Illusionist.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

New Mini-Campaign: Ilayin the Illusionist.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I'm so tired. I just spent my whole day writing a new campaign. It's almost done. When it's ready I'll put it on the campaign server and post in here. What needs to be done is to make story images, an initial story and an epilouge and major playtesting, the last of which is the only one that needs to be done before I upload it.

It was made with lots of help from Invisible Philosopher. Also there seems to be a bug when WML kills a unit that's being attacked; log says "src/actions.cpp:577: failed assertion `d != units.end()'" and WML says

Code: Select all

[event]
name=attack
first_time_only=no
[filter_second]
description=Illusion
[/filter_second]
	[kill]
	x=$x2
	y=$y2
	animate=yes
	[/kill]
[/event]
and Wesnoth goes bye-bye without any error messages.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Because after the unit is killed, the unit no longer exists. Then when the unit killing it gets its attack in, it is trying to attack a nonexistent unit.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Elvish_Pillager

MadMax wrote:Because after the unit is killed, the unit no longer exists. Then when the unit killing it gets its attack in, it is trying to attack a nonexistent unit.
The bug is not caused when the nonexistent unit is attacking, so presumably it was fixed in that instance and it should also be fixed here.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

I suppose this is the campaign where i were supposed to make a golem-unit-image :oops:
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
Elvish_Pillager

Burnsaber wrote:I suppose this is the campaign where i were supposed to make a golem-unit-image :oops:
What? a golem? nope... I did ask for a phoenix a while ago, but the campaign that was going to be in was bogged down by WML and plot issues.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I have committed a patch to fix the engine bug to CVS. Thanks for the report.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Elvish_Pillager

It's done. The campaign is on the server. All story graphics are courtesy of Invisible Philosopher.

P.S. I'm planning on making a Generic King unit (Level 3 with a 10-4 sword and leadership) with /campaigns/Illusion_Campaign/king.png
Uppi

Post by Uppi »

Bug:

The Epilogue has the id "illusion_epilogue", but in Revolution.cfg the next scenario is " illusion_epilouge".
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

the harp song seems almost Arabic, and gives the impression of despair. Perhaps it would be good for a desert map, like Desert of Death?
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Glowing Fish

Different...

Post by Glowing Fish »

This campaign is certainly different and interesting.

Of course, I did get to the third scenario, and then thought about fighting that many elves in the forest, and decided to do it tomorrow.

I am kind of uncertain about the "illusion" aspect. Does this mean that the enemy AI thinks your units are different than they are? So, for example, it thinks my trapper is a Long Bowman? That would be crazy, and certainly interesting.
Elvish_Pillager

Re: Different...

Uppi: Fixed.
Glowing Fish wrote:Of course, I did get to the third scenario, and then thought about fighting that many elves in the forest, and decided to do it tomorrow.
The river is very useful.
I am kind of uncertain about the "illusion" aspect. Does this mean that the enemy AI thinks your units are different than they are? So, for example, it thinks my trapper is a Long Bowman? That would be crazy, and certainly interesting.
The only gameplay effects of the illusion are that Ilayin is harder to hit and less likely to be attacked, and something obvious in Revolution. It would indeed be crazy to actually implement it, but it would both be very difficult and not too useful.
Elvish_Pillager

MadMax wrote:the harp song seems almost Arabic, and gives the impression of despair. Perhaps it would be good for a desert map, like Desert of Death?
Not really. It's very short in comparison with the game's other music, so it's pretty much only useful for the short place it's in.
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

I dont get any bonus for finishing earlier...is that normal :?
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
scott

Post by scott »

On the first real scenario when you save the game and load it back up, the keep appears where before there was dirt.

edit:
Also, I get the bonus on that scenario.
Last edited by scott on November 24th, 2004, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager

Mkgego wrote:I dont get any bonus for finishing earlier...is that normal :?
You'll need to be much more specific. Which scenario?
scott wrote:On the first real scenario when you save the game and load it back up, the keep appears where before there was dirst.
This is a known engine bug.