For Power (0.6.5.1)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Kashy

Re: For Power (0.6.5.1)

Post by Kashy »

:mrgreen: I've run into the same problem but I'm not a programmer so I have no clue how to fix it

Kashy

Post by Kashy »

I've run into the same kind of problem I'm in episode 5 of 4 power and recruitment is disabled that I'm not a programmer and I have no clue how to go in there find such bugs to fix them see if anybody has ideas or information I could take advantage of that would be nice

Noordfrees

Post by Noordfrees »

To fix the recruitment issue, just open the file "~/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/For_Power/chapter5/scenarios/03_Besieged.cfg" (the path may differ between OSs) and correct "Spermen"→"Spearman" in two places. Save the changes and restart from scenario 5.3. Then you should be able to recruit in 5.3 and all subsequent scenarios.
(Edit: I see that this fix was committed into the GitHub repo of the campaign so this will also be fixed in the next update)

I managed to get past 5.3 now after restarting about a hundred times. I'd like to suggest giving the player a village or two near the southeast of the city and another one near the starting point so Clare and Jolla would be able to teleport there and fend of early attacks if needed.
The story continued very nicely, now I'm stuck fighting that super-powerful avenger necromanceress (but I'll beat her in the end!! :) )

James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Noordfrees wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:23 am
To fix the recruitment issue, just open the file "~/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/For_Power/chapter5/scenarios/03_Besieged.cfg" (the path may differ between OSs) and correct "Spermen"→"Spearman" in two places. Save the changes and restart from scenario 5.3. Then you should be able to recruit in 5.3 and all subsequent scenarios.
Thanks for giving Kashy instructions on how to fix the issue and providing the fix in the first place. I do not post at the forums these days (or do anything related to Wesnoth actually).
(Edit: I see that this fix was committed into the GitHub repo of the campaign so this will also be fixed in the next update)
Yes, it is going to be a part of the next release but there is no eta for it.
I managed to get past 5.3 now after restarting about a hundred times. I'd like to suggest giving the player a village or two near the southeast of the city and another one near the starting point so Clare and Jolla would be able to teleport there and fend of early attacks if needed.
Not a bad idea. I might do it if more players have this problem.
The story continued very nicely, now I'm stuck fighting that super-powerful avenger necromanceress (but I'll beat her in the end!! :) )
That is kind of intended. This scenario (and the next one) is supposed to be hard. The enemy starts with lots of gold (and it is actually proportional to your own carried over gold).