For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For Power

Post by Paulomat4 »

-when lemyr first reports to the earl, the castle of the earl doesn't seem equal on both sides. It annoys me, that the entry isn't in the same line as the earl himself.

-The murder of glacyn is a bit simple made. it has no context with the rest of the story. It needs more implementation. Why would an orc decide to kill glacyn? he needs a reason.
Spoiler:
-a typo: "So Clare left her village to find a kill..." should be: So clare left her village to find AND kill...)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

About the murder - it was meant as a kind of revenge but I forgot to describe it deeply. I will do it next release (which could come today or tomorrow).
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on April 28th, 2013, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I saw some tentacles in seeking the mage, but they were at the edge of my field of vision. Also they didn't attack me. I think the monsters should be a bit stronger, like some water serpents or even sea serpents. Also they need to attack me, else, they are no problem.

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

It was intended that you cannot see them immediately. They should move to you and attack. But it seems that this is not going to happen. I will take a look on it and probably replace some of them with stronger monsters.

Edit: I just notice the part "a typo" in your post. I fixed it but it will come with next release.
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on April 28th, 2013, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

You could also describe better why clare goes seek the help of Mubryn and his bandits. I mean, she already has bandits with her? Perhaps, when she meets Tinry and merissa again, after leaving them to visit the mage. Sort of:
(Clare): you were right, haldar was evil, you were right. but what can i do now? i need to attack that orcish city to get the assassin. Could you help me?
(Tinry): Well no, we are too few, to attack this orcish city
(Merissa): But we know someone who could help you. But you won't like him either i fear...
(Clare): Can you show me where he lives?
(merissa): Sure, we will accompany you!
Last edited by Paulomat4 on April 28th, 2013, 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

James_The_Invisible

Well, I thought that it would be nice to have some tough guys. But yes, I should explain it in the story.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

-next typo:
Spoiler:
-In "the last battle" i don't know, why suddenly you can recruit red mages. There's no explanation. Red mages are also too strong. Just leave it with mages. The map is still okay. The elves were a good surprise and i liked it :lol2: nice!

-Nice to see, part 1 got longer than before. :D
I found no more bugs in part 1 (except a few typos) Now we can focus a bit more on subtleties. (i will continue part 2 and 3 before) ^_^

-typo:
Spoiler:
-Also i miss an explanation why Mubryn disappears. Suddenly he's not with the others.
Spoiler:
-Suddenly in "west front" i can recall 3 swordmen and 3 shock troopers and a red mage. I never trained them myself. I could only imagine to get them from an ally. (have you made a typo in wml?

-Also i think Amiwen doesn't talk enough. she never says anything... :augh:

-Reedeem lvl 2 (i think) doesn't works as intended.after hitting the necromancers lvl3 over ten times reedeem always failed.Also it would be nice to be able to see which lvl reedeem is. Could be made easily by naming it reedeem (1), reedeem (2), etc...

Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Upon your request, I have altered her portrait, covering most of her skin with something grey with a leather texture, gave her a metallic breastplate, and improved the general proportions (upon Crow_T's suggestions):
Clare2.png
Clare2.png (99.07 KiB) Viewed 4237 times
I redid her sprite accordingly, but it looks somewhat worse now (if you're gonna use it, I'll animate it):
unused2.png
unused2.png (2.8 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
James_The_Invisible

I corrected both typos and I will upload it with next release.
Paulomat4 wrote:In "the last battle" i don't know, why suddenly you can recruit red mages. There's no explanation. Red mages are also too strong. Just leave it with mages.
Ok, I will remove red mages from your recruit list.
Suddenly in "west front" i can recall 3 swordmen and 3 shock troopers and a red mage. I never trained them myself.
Well some of earl Menvan's soldiers joined you.
Also i think Amiwen doesn't talk enough. she never says anything...
Amiwen is not very talkative. (Well in first scenario of Chapter 3 she says two sentences.
Spoiler:
) But ok, I will make her speak in next scenarios.
Also i miss an explanation why Mubryn disappears. Suddenly he's not with the others.
Well he does not join you if you became Haldar's apprentice so he would not stay. Anyhow I never had a good explanation for his disappearance but it can be something like you mentioned.

About redeem: when you have redeem level 2 your chance to absorb a level 3 unit is only 50 %. But you can see the chances in right panel in the list of attacks. Just move the cursor over word redeem.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.3.4 is on the add-ons server. I created 2 next scenarios for Chapter 3. Clare, Lemyr and Merissa have more advancements now.
After suggestions in this thread I described murder of Glacyn deeply, removed red mages from recruit list in scenario The Last Battle and replaced some tentacles in scenario Seeking The Mage with water serpents. They should attack now as well. Also I corrected some typos in Chapter 1.

The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

- 2 next scenarios in Chapter 3
- Clare, Lemyr and Merissa have more advancements
- corrected some typos in Chapter 1
- murder of Glacyn is described deeply
- removed red mages from recruit list in scenario The Last Battle
- some tentacles in scenario Seeking The Mage replaced with water serpents, they should attack now
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

@ dugi
The sprite of clare still looks somewhat weird. I miss the typical mage style (the robe). Clare is still acting like as if she was a real mage. Also the staff position is weird too. it looks like she has a brown arm, and some sort of dagger in her hand. Try changing the the angle a bit. The image got much better in any case.

@ James
Did you said that you get these troops? I was surprised when i got them. Perhaps i didn't read well :oops:
In every case you should remark that you now have new troops in your recall list. Also i think 7 lvl 2 units are a bit overpowered. I'd say, it would be better if you got like 2 shocktroopers, or a shock trooper and a white mage (because both are good at fighting undeads). If you stay with this many units, you should in any case make them leave you (at the latest when you get back to the lord protector, or even better in "talks with Ralentyth") because they are loyal troops to the northern alliance. If you reduce the number of units and you decide to not make them leave you, you should at least have a little dialogue, where they explain that they understand clare's actions (and declare, that they will be fighting with you from now on).
By the way, always remember everything i'm saying are only suggestions. :wink: And it's only my opinion, of me, a single player. :D I'm happy if you agree with me, but if you have a better idea... It's still your campaign.

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

-In the prison there's a logical problem: Clare's a silver mage, she can teleport whereever she wants. Why should she rest in the Prison? Can't she take her friends with her and doesn't want to leave them? Or is it a magical prison? :hmm: (perhaps implement some runes around the prison) In every case it needs more explaining (thus dialogue).

-Next logical problem: Why would the northern alliance tolerate a tunnel within their prisons, that leads to surface, but is infested with outlaws and rats? Perhaps a better solution would be that merissa knows a secret tunnel, (she digged herself perhaps) and she already escaped threw. Then you could designate the special hex with this red circle. Also because of Merissa's previous visits in the prison she could explain why clare's teleportation spells don't work.
Well he does not join you if you became Haldar's apprentice so he would not stay. Anyhow I never had a good explanation for his disappearance but it can be something like you mentioned.
-Well, in every case it should be still in the same storybranch, and not, when both branches are already reunited.
when you have redeem level 2 your chance to absorb a level 3 unit is only 50 %
-I know, but i tried 10-15 times, and i don't believe my luck is so bad.
I also tried with units lvl 2 (swordsmen) and reedeem lvl 2 (90% chance to absorb), and after 5 tries, it actually never worked.
Then, i tried it with lvl 2 Outlaws, it worked on the first try, but the animation was shown both for reedeem failed, and for 5/15 (this happens too with the rats)

-In the tunnels, the rats are no match. How about a boss rat (kind of rat mother or queen) that can recruit, and is a bit stronger?

-at the exit of the cave, there are some highlighted hexes. one of these has also the day and night circle

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

i started chapter 3 and everything worked nice. Then i remembered there's a new version, and i actualised it, but now i get a bug error, when starting part 3:
Makro/file 'LOOT' is missing at add-ons/For_Power/scenarios3/05Dealing_with_trolls.cfg:300 included from -add-ons/For_power/_main.cfg:130
Should be one of the new scenarios causing the problem.

After clicking okay often enough, he showed me another error: missing scenario: '01_End_of_peace'

Svistwarrior273
Translator

Post by Svistwarrior273 »

After clicking okay often enough, he showed me another error: missing scenario: '01_End_of_peace'
Don't think so. This error is caused by an error mentioned earlier (Makro/file 'LOOT' is missing at add-ons/For_Power/scenarios3/05Dealing_with_trolls.cfg:300 included from -add-ons/For_power/_main.cfg:130). With fixing this bug,
"missing scenario" error will disappear.
Last edited by Svistwarrior273 on May 6th, 2013, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:The sprite of clare still looks somewhat weird. I miss the typical mage style (the robe)...The image got much better in any case.
I agree. Well I forgot to mention it but a mage robe would be better. But yes, this image is better than the previous one.
Did you said that you get these troops? I was surprised when i got them. Perhaps i didn't read well
No, I did not mention it. I will correct it soon.
Clare's a silver mage, she can teleport whereever she wants. Why should she rest in the Prison? ... Or is it a magical prison?
I forgot that she can teleport herself. :lol2: But she respects the rules and authorities. Anyhow I like the idea with magical prison.
Can't she take her friends with her and doesn't want to leave them?
As far as I know a silver mage can teleport only himself/herself. I suppose that teleporting more persons at the same time would require extra studying and practising (what she did not do) or inborn talent (I think that I saw it in Fellowship of the Clay but it is neither her case). Anyhow she is not going to leave her friends here. They are here only because of her.
Why would the northern alliance tolerate a tunnel within their prisons, that leads to surface, but is infested with outlaws and rats?

Because only a few people know about it (probably only prisoners who escaped this way).
In the tunnels, the rats are no match.
They should not be a match. They are here only for making the atmosphere.
at the exit of the cave, there are some highlighted hexes.
I will fix it soon.
Makro/file 'LOOT' is missing
Next thing what does not work on 1.10.x. I will fix it still today. Edit: fixed
Svistwarrior273 wrote:Don't think so. This error is caused by an error mentioned earlier
He is right.