For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power

Post by James_The_Invisible »

edwardspec wrote:Hi, great story and interesting campaign.
Thank you.
LotI-inspired, isn't it? :)
Yes.
A tiny bugreport: ...
I am able to replicate it alas it is strange. As far as I know destroying unit with redeem attack should trigger die event. Anyhow in next release you will win by ending your turn. If you do not want to wait for it (I am not sure when it will be) download an attached file, put it into folder scenarios2 and play again this scenario.
Attachments
08_Talks_with_Ralenyth.cfg
(10.38 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hi, first of all, great campaign. I've played through the first few scenarios, and encountered a problem. In the scenario after you meet the mage (i think it's named on the road or so) it tells mit the map cant be loaded because of an illegal map tile which is named (Gg^ecf)'Gg^ecf'
Do you know how to correct it?
Also (i'm playin on easy) when you have to move lemyr to the signpost in the second scenario, i managed to kill both enemy leaders. Then i had to battle them again.
In the scenario where you battle them again, lemyr has no mission goals.

These are all the bugs i found until now, hope i can continue playing soon.
I will also report all other bugs i can find :lol2:
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:In the scenario after you meet the mage (i think it's named on the road or so) it tells mit the map cant be loaded because of an illegal map tile which is named (Gg^ecf)'Gg^ecf'
It happened on Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.x, right? Well I can correct it but this tile is used in more scenarios so it will take some time. When I am done with it I upload it to the add-ons server. It will be labeled as version 0.3.0.2.
Also (i'm playin on easy) when you have to move lemyr to the signpost in the second scenario, i managed to kill both enemy leaders. Then i had to battle them again.
You are not supposed to kill them but maybe I made this scenario too easy. Ok, I will make killing them very hard :twisted: .
In the scenario where you battle them again, lemyr has no mission goals.
Well, a few weeks ago I gave the player control of this side but I forgot to give goals to it. But it is only about typing two letters. I will do it in next release.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yes, i'm playin wesnoth on the newest stable version (should be 1.10.6) :D
well, i'm an experienced player, but i like to slaughter enemys on easy. :twisted: perhaps you could just make an event, where the leaders disapear, to look for reinforcements, or something else.
thx, for the fast reply, and i hope the update comes soon :D
Last edited by Paulomat4 on April 13th, 2013, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

oh, and i see, 0.3.0.2 is already out. thx again.
but then it shows me another bug:
Macro/file'-add-ons/For_Power/units/Dark_Sorceress.cfg' is missing at add-ons/For_Power/_main.cfg:79
hope your reply will be just as fast as the other one :D

James_The_Invisible

I forgot to rename this file on 1.10.x series. Fixed.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Works now :D
next minor error: In seeking the mage when you meet Merissa it shows me an error, <Invalid WML found> (lift_fog) not supported.
I lifted the fog with debug mode, and continued playing.
The game doesnt crashes, but simply the fog does'nt lift.
Also the scenario ist a bit lame. Theres nearly nothing happening. :? I had to battle two orcs, and to find the mage was much to easy. Perhaps some sea monsters and a bigger river, like in heir to the throne would be nice, implement some other races as elves who fight the orcs (they also fight you because you enter their territory)...
In the scenario ghosts i dont have enough money to recruit 6 ghost. also i cant end my turn. you should give the player at least 120 gold
Last edited by Paulomat4 on April 14th, 2013, 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

next minor error: In seeking the mage when you meet Merissa it shows me an error, <Invalid WML found> (lift_fog) not supported.
I lifted the fog with debug mode, and continued playing.
The game doesnt crashes, but simply the fog does'nt lift.

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Also the scenario ist a bit lame. Theres nearly nothing happening. :? I had to battle two orcs, and to find the mage was much to easy. Perhaps some sea monsters and a bigger river, like in heir to the throne would be nice, implement some other races as elves who fight the orcs (they also fight you because you enter their territory)...

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

please delete my previous posts, i forgot i could edit my posts

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote: In seeking the mage when you meet Merissa it shows me an error, <Invalid WML found> (lift_fog) not supported.
I forgot that this tag is not supported on 1.10.x. Thanks for reminder. Fixed.
You got a level 3 unit :D but you are right nearly nothing happen. Yes, some sea monsters would be good. It will be in release 0.3.1.
In the scenario ghosts i dont have enough money to recruit 6 ghost. also i cant end my turn. you should give the player at least 120 gold
Well you cannot end your turn until you recruit six ghosts. But if you do not have enough gold for it then you are stuck here. Download the latest version (0.3.0.4) start again this scenario and you will have enough gold.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

well i fixed it with the debug mode, and gave myself just the needed amount of gold.

Also a question: during the training haldar mentions, that you will probaly one day be able to have even revenant, ghosts and deathknights. Do you get a death knight in this campaign? Or are you able to get one? if not you should perhaps change it.

In slay the dragon in the east of the entry to the cave, theres a line on the grass, which has cave darkness, although it is out of the cave.

Little suggestion: when you come back home, at the end lemyr and clare are talking, when lemyr says, that he will search other paladins, and kill haldar you could make an animation, where he rides away.

I finished the campaign, and i think it really has much potential. :D
Continue the great work.

I tried to play part 2, but again i got some bug message:
Macro/file 'CLEAR_VARIBLE' is missing at -add-ons/For_Power/scenarios2/08_Talks_with_Ralentyth.cfg:421 included from -add-ons/For_Power/_main.cfg:94

Also, as i managed to evolve clare at the end it would be nice, if you could include an option to directly continue with the second campaign after you finished the first. I dont like to lose my advancements :D

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:Also a question: during the training haldar mentions, that you will probaly one day be able to have even revenant, ghosts and deathknights. Do you get a death knight in this campaign? Or are you able to get one? if not you should perhaps change it.
No. You will not have a death knight. But as far as I know he says in scenario Learning Dark Arts
Haldar wrote:This is only a weak example of the path you chose. There are also skeletons, revenants and even ghosts.
I cannot see death knights here. Or was it said anywhere else? :hmm:
Paulomat4 wrote:In slay the dragon in the east of the entry to the cave, theres a line on the grass, which has cave darkness, although it is out of the cave.
Fixed.
Little suggestion: when you come back home, at the end lemyr and clare are talking, when lemyr says, that he will search other paladins, and kill haldar you could make an animation, where he rides away.
A nice suggestion. I will do it.
I finished the campaign, and i think it really has much potential. :D
Continue the great work.
Thank you. :D
I tried to play part 2, but again i got some bug message:
Macro/file 'CLEAR_VARIBLE' is missing at -add-ons/For_Power/scenarios2/08_Talks_with_Ralentyth.cfg:421 included from -add-ons/For_Power/_main.cfg:94
A typo. Fixed.
Also, as i managed to evolve clare at the end it would be nice, if you could include an option to directly continue with the second campaign after you finished the first. I dont like to lose my advancements :D
You loose nothing. When you finish Chapter 1 all your soldiers and heroes are saved. You will get them back in Chapter 2. :wink: (Well not immediately in the first scenario. Here you have only Clare with all advancements which she obtained in first chapter.)
Last edited by James_The_Invisible on April 16th, 2013, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

okay, i started the second part, and you're right, she really has all her previous advancements.

first of all i saw, that clare has no melee fighting animation. Neither in offense or in defense. Should be exactly the same, as the one of the silver mage.

second, i see that you tend to put all the villages near the keep, leaving the battlefield being only flatland. perhaps you could try to implement a bit more of variety, like some bushes from time to time, or a tree, a hill perhaps...or a bit of swamp... That leaves more strategical possibilities for the player.

Again in scenario 2 the illegal tile is there, the same as before.

well, i dont know where i read that with the death knights, sry.. :(

James_The_Invisible

Paulomat4 wrote:i saw, that clare has no melee fighting animation
I was wondering why she has no melee fighting animation. It seems that I forgot to code it. :lol2: Now she has it. Edit: I realized that she already has 2 animations. Maybe Wesnoth was puzzled by it and showed nothing. Anyhow fixed.
Again in scenario 2 the illegal tile is there, the same as before.
Next typo. :( Fixed.