For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scarabsangel

Re: For Power (0.6.4.1)

Post by Scarabsangel »

My First Forum post but I've been playing this game for ages and I've always found fixes to my issues till now.

In Scenario 3: More Orcs, Tinry and Merissa DO NOT APPEAR at all but Amiwen and Clare continue the Dialogue as if the two were there. I have not found a fix to this on the forum. Can you help me out please.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Welcome to the forums. Well, there is no fix here as no one else has reported this issue before. Because this does not happen for me, I need more info. Did anything unusual happen in previous scenarios? Did Wesnoth report any error at the start of the scenario? Or are other units from Chapter 1 available to recall at this point? If you did not complete it before starting Chapter 2, have you got random level 2 units to recall? Also a save file (from end of previous scenario or start of this scenario) would be helpful.
James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power (0.6.5)

After a very long while, there is a new version of this campaign. Do note that it is only for Wesnoth 1.14, older versions are not supported anymore. Finally, a new scenario of Chapter 6 is here. No other change will beat this, I am going to list all significant changes below.

All campaigns now have difficulty, scenario count and add-on's version in their descriptions and they can be chronologically sorted (I added start_year and end_year for them but they are not 100% accurate). First chapter underwent some additional changes: dialogues in some of its scenarios were improved, the assassin is level 3 now (to be a bit harder to kill) and Glacyn cannot recruit level 0 units anymore.

A few units experienced small changes. Now all maximum level units with default amla require (their level * 50) experiences to reach an amla (just like in mainline). Lemyr as High Paladin in multiplayer needs 60 experiences for first amla. (Older) Jolla has got 2 new possible advencements (no spoilers, find out for yourself). Amiwen now goes with different traits - loyal and healthy and will get her first advancement after gaining 60 experiences. Aspirants (level 1 enemy units in Chapter 6) no longer have magical weapon special on their staves (it was not intentional).

Also leadership abilities should now work as intended and Warlord's Armor in Cave (Chapter 5) now provides leadership on the unit's level, not always 3.

And that is all worth mentioning. There were other changes under the hood. They were mostly internal but compatibility of saves from previous versions might have been broken.

I have absolutely no idea when next bigger version will be released or what will it contain (at the moment).
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Long time player, first time forum user...
I love this series of campaigns. I have found a bug, though.

In FP4, Besieged, it says to put Clare on a keep, and that she'll be able to recruit, but she can only recall. I've only tried it in Easy mode, so I'm not sure this does it any other time.

*EDIT: This appears to take effect throughout the rest of the campaign.
James_The_Invisible

Welcome.
Well, I am able to reproduce this but it is strange. Side 1 has set recruit list after moving Clare to the free keep but the recruit menu does not open (tried to open it by a hotkey and from right-click menu).
And what do you mean with this:
This appears to take effect throughout the rest of the campaign.
You are not able to recruit for the rest of the campaign or you are able to recruit in later scenarios?
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

I am unable to recruit in all of the scenarios afterwards, except for Cave, where the only way to recruit or recall is the right-click menu.
Also, I just realized I said FP4, when I meant FP5. Sorry about that.
James_The_Invisible

Yes, recruiting/recalling in Cave is handled via a custom right-click menu so this scenarios is not affected.
About FP4 vs FP5, no problem. I quickly realised it.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Scarabsangel wrote: May 25th, 2018, 4:52 pm My First Forum post but I've been playing this game for ages and I've always found fixes to my issues till now.

In Scenario 3: More Orcs, Tinry and Merissa DO NOT APPEAR at all but Amiwen and Clare continue the Dialogue as if the two were there. I have not found a fix to this on the forum. Can you help me out please.
James_The_Invisible wrote: May 25th, 2018, 7:35 pm Welcome to the forums. Well, there is no fix here as no one else has reported this issue before. Because this does not happen for me, I need more info. Did anything unusual happen in previous scenarios? Did Wesnoth report any error at the start of the scenario? Or are other units from Chapter 1 available to recall at this point? If you did not complete it before starting Chapter 2, have you got random level 2 units to recall? Also a save file (from end of previous scenario or start of this scenario) would be helpful.
Hi! The same has happened to me as did to Scarabsangel:
Spoiler:
Also, in West Front
Spoiler:
James_The_Invisible

Hi, Sadaharu.
About the first issue, you are not supposed to end first chapter as Gold Mage so that unit type is not loaded for second chapter. Obviously, I did not account for the case that you might be Gold Mage in scenario The Path of Revenge. It is fixed on GitHub.
About the second issue, I will look into it.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I forgot to specify, but Tinry and Merissa not appearing has also happened to me. I'm running FP 0.6.5 on BfW 1.14, if you need any savegames you can ask for them.
James_The_Invisible

Sure, a save from start of the scenario would be helpful.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

James_The_Invisible wrote: September 13th, 2018, 8:50 am Sure, a save from start of the scenario would be helpful.
Here we go, uploading the scenario start and the replay as well, just in case.
Attachments
FP2-West Front replay.gz
(63.23 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
FP2-West Front.gz
(22.39 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

In ‘Undead in front of Dwarven Doors’ I get

<invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'Tinry_store' does not exist

Also, there's possibly some missing dialogue after
Spoiler:
Also, whenever I ‘redeem’ a unit in this particular scenario I get

<invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'second_unit' does not exist

(I started at 9/10)
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I have ‘finished’ For Power 2, so to speak.
In Escape from Prison
Spoiler:
and Escape from Dwarven Doors
Spoiler:
James_The_Invisible

Here we go, uploading the scenario start and the replay as well, just in case.
Thanks but these two will not help me investigate what is wrong with Tinry and Merissa. It is too late. It has to be from More Orcs or sooner. But when I think about it now, something from end of Chapter 1 would be even better, from as late point as possible. That is if you finished it before starting Chapter 2.
variable 'Tinry_store' does not exist
I suppose this happens because Tinry was not present in your play. It was also reported for Merissa, right?
The necromancers do some spell, Lemyr disappears and I become separated from my units; I have only Amiwen and Clare and can summon only walking corpses.
That is intended, well, except the part when Amiwen stays. You are supposed to play this scenario with just Clare and recruited walking corpses.
In Escape from Prison any of the soldiers whose health is at about 10 or lower will die whenever he receives a blow
Also deliberate.
Clare, at start of scenario wrote:Anyhow try to knock them out just, please. I do not want to have their blood on my hands. They are not bad people.