For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

James_The_Invisible

Re: For Power

Post by James_The_Invisible »

James_The_Invisible wrote:Well, I cannot remember why I gave them an elvish castle. I will probably give them a ruined human castle.
I realised that the signpost in scenario Flight ended up in a forest (it is not intended and somehow weird in my opinion). I will move it to a grass.
Done.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.3.8 is on the add-ons server. I created one next scenario for Chapter 3.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.4.0 is on the add-ons server. Chapter 3 is completed.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.4.1 is on the add-ons server. I started writting Chapter 4. There are 3 scenarios at this moment here. In this chapter a new hero joined you. At the other hand Amiwen and Tinry are not with you at the start, they will join you later. But if you miss Lemyr (I did) "play" again epilogue for third chapter and then start again Chapter 4.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.4.2 is out. I created three next scenarios for Chapter 4. I also checked some older scenarios and found out that certain things does not work as I intended. In scenario West Front (second chapter) all killed soldiers (player's and ally ai's) should be risen but only the first one was. Fixed. In scenario An Orcish Town (first chapter) if an enemy is killed by plague and risen there should be a dialogue. But it were not because of a wrong filter. Fixed as well. But I also realized that Merissa's soul eater ability does not work (you do not get new advancements through it). I am trying to fix it.
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.4.3 is out. I created five next scenarios for Chapter 4. I also improved first muliplayer scenario. Both players start with lesser amount of gold (95) but have opportunity to recruit new units later (there are some lesser ruined castles). Each player has additional unit to recruit. Second enemy now recruits only units what can leave his castle (next unit are in front of the castle). And Lemyr has some advancements now. He also has a bit more hitpoints and regenerates ability. Thanks to Svistwarrior273 for most of these ideas. Unfortunately soul eater ability is still broken.
Njord

Post by Njord »

I've had a lot of fun playing For Power but am stuck on the last scenario of Part Four where Merissa is trying to find Tinry. I've been on every square in the end zone part of the map (to the west) and nothing shows up. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.
James_The_Invisible

Nice to hear that you enjoyed it. Well, his location is random. X-coordinate is between 1 and 3, y between 3 and 14. But he appears only if Merissa reaches his location. And by the way, this is not the last scenario of Chapter 4. I will create 2 next ones soon.
James_The_Invisible

I managed to fix soul eater ability but I will upload it with two last scenarios in Chapter 4 (the battle scenario is completed, I only have to write one talk-only scenario and the epilogue). Until that time you can download attached file and put it into folder macros.
Paulomat4 wrote:well, i dont know where i read that with the death knights, sry..
Found it last night (in two months :lol2: ). It was in scenario Skeletons. I will remove it in next version.
Attachments
soul_eater.cfg
(9.48 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
James_The_Invisible

Version 0.5.0 is out. Chapter 4 is completed.
4b4b4b

Post by 4b4b4b »

if I am already playing and i download the upgrade do i need to start the campaign again? Souleater still doesnt work for me on merrisa, when i choose any advancement it says <invalid WML found> [option] not supported
James_The_Invisible

No, just start again the scenario which you are playing (start of scenario save file, not from the first turn).
4b4b4b

Post by 4b4b4b »

Thanks! This is a nice campaign and I had fun ;)

But as the person above, I can't find tinry either and I would love to have my full crew to end this csmpaign. Merrisa has been on every square from x (1-3) and y(3-14)

Edit: just found her on 7,7 . Merrisa was on 8.7
James_The_Invisible

4b4b4b wrote:This is a nice campaign and I had fun
Nice to hear. Thank you. :)
just found her on 7,7 . Merrisa was on 8.7
Her? Who are you talking about? Tinry is a man. :D

By the way, first scenario for Chapter 5 is completed.
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Post by Svistwarrior273 »

You are creating new scenarios by turbo speed, but what about improving and balancing older ones?
Spoiler: