Return to Ruins SP Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chris NS

Re: Return to Ruins SP Campaign

Post by Chris NS »

Still getting error messages. For some reason, it's not detecting the map for the second scenario, although I can't understand what's wrong the the file path on this and not any other campaign.

If it's any use, I'm using Ubuntu, which might handle files slightly differently to Windows.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Chris NS wrote:Still getting error messages. For some reason, it's not detecting the map for the second scenario, although I can't understand what's wrong the the file path on this and not any other campaign.

If it's any use, I'm using Ubuntu, which might handle files slightly differently to Windows.
All the maps are not saved as .map
Wiki wrote:Maps Folder

Move your map(s) into your new maps folder. If the editor left off the file extensions, rename each map file so that it ends with the extension .map. It is usually best for the map files to have a name with no spaces or special characters. Changing the map file name will not affect the map's name inside Wesnoth because that will be controlled by the configuration files in the scenarios folder.
BuildingMapsDistribution Maybe that causes the error.
Btw, for me as windows user the campaign runs without any problems.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I tried to play your campaign on HARD difficulty, but 04_Treacherous_Crossing is unbeatable.

The turn limit is set to '1' !!!
Dam hard to cross the river in a single turn. :wink:

08_Fulfillment The same problem. (! fulfilment)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

Hi again-- I updated to RtR 0.3.0, and replayed the first few scenarios (using BfW 1.10.0 and win2k with SP4).

Harold still doesn't advance or AMLA. He destroyed a couple of wolves in The Hunt, and walked around with XP=36/30, but never advanced or AMLA-ed. If he's not going to advance, he ought to at least have {AMLA_DEFAULT} added to his cfg file so that he can AMLA, and at least gain a few HP.

I've played a couple of scenarios past The Hunt, and I'm surprised that the main character stays at level 1, and fairly weak, the whole way. He doesn't seem to learn, or improve, as he goes along. I'm finding it hard to get interested in playing further. Is there some sort of improvement or advancement for him further along in the story? At present, he's the hero, but he doesn't seem to be gaining much from the adventure.
--sneezy
Ulfsark

Post by Ulfsark »

Sneezy wrote:Hi again-- I updated to RtR 0.3.0, and replayed the first few scenarios (using BfW 1.10.0 and win2k with SP4).

Harold still doesn't advance or AMLA. He destroyed a couple of wolves in The Hunt, and walked around with XP=36/30, but never advanced or AMLA-ed. If he's not going to advance, he ought to at least have {AMLA_DEFAULT} added to his cfg file so that he can AMLA, and at least gain a few HP.

I've played a couple of scenarios past The Hunt, and I'm surprised that the main character stays at level 1, and fairly weak, the whole way. He doesn't seem to learn, or improve, as he goes along. I'm finding it hard to get interested in playing further. Is there some sort of improvement or advancement for him further along in the story? At present, he's the hero, but he doesn't seem to be gaining much from the adventure.
--sneezy
Damn I thought I fixed this.

Thank you for your feedback I will work on fixing that this weekend :)

Thanks again for testing it out for me!
Author of Return to Ruins Single Player Campaign
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Your campaign wont start, the reason is in scenario 08, line 42:

Code: Select all

profile="Pharold.png
Btw. What's new in the latest version? :)
Ulfsark

Post by Ulfsark »

Thanks for the heads up! I will fix it when I get home today, I have been busy with lots of other projects.

I think I just added in the image you made for me :)
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

This won't start up, "unknown scenario 01_For_Glory" :hmm: BfW 1.10 I'm sure it's an easy fix, I can't seem to figure it out though

edit: got a better error message:
Attachments
rtr_error.jpg
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

The latest version from the 1.10 server works on my engine. :hmm:
Are you sure you run the latest version? (version="0.5.5")
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I just installed it today, and then just removed it and reinstalled it, still not working. I'm using 1.10.6 specifically, could something have gotten broken in this latest version? The only thing I see different between this and other add-on campaigns is that the RtR maps aren't labeled with a '.map'.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Yes, I noticed that too.
But it works for me though. I use windows, maybe it don't work for Linux or Mac users. :hmm:
Anyway, Ulfsark should change the map-names to

Code: Select all

.map
Last edited by Adamant14 on April 4th, 2013, 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Ah, the Windows thing was a great hint- changing the map name from Return To Ruins > Return to Ruins got it to work (Linux is case sensitive). Thanks Adamant!
Ulfsark

Post by Ulfsark »

Thanks for the help guys, I will be sure to fix that ASAP.