The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gooby

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by gooby »

I can confirm that the "Lava Giant" error still exists under 1.11.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

gooby wrote:I can confirm that the "Lava Giant" error still exists under 1.11.
That's my fault. Due to slow internet, the version being used in 1.11 is outdated, but you can download the 1.10 version and move it to the 1.11 add-ons folder, since I maintain both versions on 1.10.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

I recoding scenario 53 due to old laptop crashing and new laptop not having the file, so the development of E3 is gonna take about 5 months of so. I will try to finish it before December.
Tigertown84

Post by Tigertown84 »

Hello, before I commence with my angst about the error that has brought my enjoyment of your The Legend Begins Trilogy, let me say a huge thanks for all time and thought you put into your maps, plot, character development, etc.

I can't imagine all the hours it must have taken to put together the 3 lengthy episodes that comprise this campaign...wow.

Now to the whining....

My O/S is Windows 7 and I'm on stable version 1.10.6.

I am currently playing the Wizard and the Warrior map in Episode 2 and getting the following error immediately after I move my units on turn 1 and it's the AI's first turn:

Unknown Unit Type 'Store Golem Furnace Beast' while scoring units

Condition 'enemy_info' failed at src\ai\default\ai.cpp:416 in function 'get_combat_score_vs.'

I wasn't sure if this was related to the previous error in this thread or not, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

If it isn't, I'd be very grateful for any assistance you can provide....this campaign has provided me with a lot of fun and enjoyment....thanks again.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

let me say a huge thanks for all time and thought you put into your maps, plot, character development, etc.
You're welcome.
Now to the whining....

My O/S is Windows 7 and I'm on stable version 1.10.6.

I am currently playing the Wizard and the Warrior map in Episode 2 and getting the following error immediately after I move my units on turn 1 and it's the AI's first turn:

Unknown Unit Type 'Store Golem Furnace Beast' while scoring units

Condition 'enemy_info' failed at src\ai\default\ai.cpp:416 in function 'get_combat_score_vs.'

I wasn't sure if this was related to the previous error in this thread or not, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

If it isn't, I'd be very grateful for any assistance you can provide....this campaign has provided me with a lot of fun and enjoyment....thanks again.
Fixed. Uploading new version....
Last edited by 8680 on June 26th, 2013, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced [color] tags [Posting Guidelines §1d] with [b] tags.
Tigertown84

Post by Tigertown84 »

That fixed it...thanks.

Now if I could figure out how to survive all those woses turned evil...and rescue the elvish civilians...and keep their leaders from dying....

That's one tough map!!! :shock:
Wife: "So how late were you up LAST night playing that stupid game you're addicted to?"
Me: "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....."
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Tigertown84 wrote: Now if I could figure out how to survive all those woses turned evil...and rescue the elvish civilians...and keep their leaders from dying....
Spoiler:
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Damn, I planned too large a campaign. :(

So, I'm gonna make releases of episode 3 in parts. The next part will contain the White Realm scenarios and a cutscene.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I have uploaded a new version with 10 scenarios for episode 3. This is for 1.10.x only since, there's a lot of work to be done before I can upload a version on the 1.11.x add-on server....

Notes:

When planning the plot for the campaign, I forgot to consider the effect of a devastated city would have on the army of New Genesis. So, there would be a few new changes to the plot in comparison to the one mentioned in the Story Development topic. (For those interested:- the battle against the High Methusalem - the big bad vampire - would the last boss-fight. So, prepare those Grand Knights 8) )

Code: Select all

Change-log v0.3.0

---> Finished and added scenarios 53x to 58x. (Completed Snow Kingdoms story arc) 
---> Fully implemented Kojac's, Krog's and Galec's portrait in story and scenario for episode-1
---> Updated episode-3's plot again!
---> Improvement of AI behaviour in episode-1. This includes removal of deprecated AI aspects as well as deletion of AI Aspects that had virtually no effect on the RCA AI. Replacement of deprecated sub tags such as target, protect_unit with goal tags...
---> Brother against Brother: Horse-based guardian units now follow patrols around the city areas.
---> Finally fixed the charm ability. (Thanks 8680)
Screenshots:
The Dark Legion does not fear anything!
The Dark Legion does not fear anything!
The Chaos Empire vs. The Dark Legion - the most epic battle ever!
The Chaos Empire vs. The Dark Legion - the most epic battle ever!
I feel sorry for the Crossbowman.
I feel sorry for the Crossbowman.
The undead allied with the nightmares?! I must level up some Shock Troopers
The undead allied with the nightmares?! I must level up some Shock Troopers
Jahin: Whether I'm outnumbered or overpowered, I shall never surrender. Not now, not ever!
Jahin: Whether I'm outnumbered or overpowered, I shall never surrender. Not now, not ever!
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

How do you download the 1.10 version of the game? I can't play due to the lava giant error, and your campaign looks to be a very good one, shame if I have to wait forever to play it due to such a trivial bug.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Drakilian wrote:How do you download the 1.10 version of the game? I can't play due to the lava giant error, and your campaign looks to be a very good one, shame if I have to wait forever to play it due to such a trivial bug.
Download it from the 1.10 server. If you want to access that server from 1.11, you need to connect to add-ons.wesnoth.org:15002
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
raoni

Post by raoni »

Do you have a hint to Escape lvl?
To me it seens impossible to complete it after the walls were just blowed up (it would be easier without the mountains and hills)
Why have you made it so dificult even in very easy mode?
Please, I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

How do you download the 1.10 version of the game? I can't play due to the lava giant error, and your campaign looks to be a very good one, shame if I have to wait forever to play it due to such a trivial bug.
I have decided to update the campaign on the 1.11.x server, but I shall have to code scenario 59 first.
Do you have a hint to Escape lvl?
To me it seens impossible to complete it after the walls were just blowed up (it would be easier without the mountains and hills)
Why have you made it so dificult even in very easy mode?
Please, I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
Do you mean Escape from episode 2? If so, then speed is of the essence in that field. Recall veteran Royal Guards (or Swordsmen with the quick trait, if you have any.) and then make a dash for it. Don't you even think about recalling/recruiting on the second turn because that might cause you to lose. Don't bother killing the enemy leaders - just march southwards and evacuate all your units through the ladder. Also, please try to keep the phalanx formation - trust me on this one. You will appreciate the minimised losses later one.

Good Luck - :wink:
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Thank you :)
EDIT: Yyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaah, the one I downloaded from that server was somehow worse. I received a message (which I am unable to copy) that was about a paragraph long, it seemed to focus on something called animation 8. Then it told me that scenario one was unknown. And then it went back to the homescreen. I think i'll just wait for the 1.11 one, haha :)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Drakilian wrote:Thank you :)
EDIT: Yyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaah, the one I downloaded from that server was somehow worse. I received a message (which I am unable to copy) that was about a paragraph long, it seemed to focus on something called animation 8. Then it told me that scenario one was unknown. And then it went back to the homescreen. I think i'll just wait for the 1.11 one, haha :)
The War of Legends add-on in 1.11 is outdated, so that was the cause of that error. You should have used the latest version instead....