The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Ranger »

Scenario: Impressing Drakes
As I'm going through this mission I've noted that there is a crapload(30-40) of units standing before the cave while only a small bunch of them is actually fighting my forces. If I kill one of them its getting tiresome to wait for all of them to make their moves. Its like NR again. :augh:
Could you please give them a smaller amount of starting gold and after the player kills most of the first wave you get a message that orc reinforcements arrived and enemy gets more gold? It would be nice.
Calling a spear a spoon and then saying "our spoons are different, WINR," is kind of unsatisfying, isn't it?
Lord-Ramza

Post by Lord-Ramza »

scenarios: Lands of Blood

can I get Acromel?

scenarios: A Heroes Vendetta

Princess Denisha drop a ring, but I can't pick it up

scenarios: Retribution

I can't advances to the next scenario... it said : unknown scenario: End of Chaos
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

TLB - Dead caves (1)
I don't know what to do..
By turn 7, I'm engulfed by enemies. I don't have enough money to resist them.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

tribes55 wrote:TLB - Dead caves (1)
[Image]
You get money with every enemy that you destroy. Recall all your loyal units (if you have them, they are a godsend in this scenario) to control the upkeep. Use a lot of wips (they only cost 11 gold and and have no upkeep). In any case you should establish a perimeter and rotate you wounded units (and healing with orbs -> I found strange that you have none of them in the image, they are vital because it's going to take a while to find houses). Lastly, I suggest that you play again Gates of deathdom and even Finding the trolls with the idea of earning money.

I hope it helps you. Good luck!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hello
I've had quite some fun on your campaign so far, but, I've noticed a few things that don't really matter, but bug me nevertheless.
In part 1, the scenario
"Finding the trolls"
The undead say:
"Call in reinforcements!"
This doesn't really sound like something an undead army would say...
It sounds like something a human, elvish or Orcish army would say.
I don't know what to advise you to replace it with, but, I would advise more intimidating/evil sounding.
Hmm, well these undead were once human as stated in the timeline... :hmm:
Scenario: Impressing Drakes
As I'm going through this mission I've noted that there is a crapload(30-40) of units standing before the cave while only a small bunch of them is actually fighting my forces. If I kill one of them its getting tiresome to wait for all of them to make their moves. Its like NR again. :augh:
Could you please give them a smaller amount of starting gold and after the player kills most of the first wave you get a message that orc reinforcements arrived and enemy gets more gold? It would be nice.
Received enough complaints to change that level...I'm going for a bigger underground section and troll allies. How does that sound?
scenarios: Lands of Blood

can I get Acromel?

scenarios: A Heroes Vendetta

Princess Denisha drop a ring, but I can't pick it up

scenarios: Retribution

I can't advances to the next scenario... it said : unknown scenario: End of Chaos
Acromel: vampire Sangel? Well, he will be fighting alongside humans who hate the vampires to an immeasurable extent. Hence, I think it's best to exclude him...

I will fix that bug...
TLB - Dead caves (1)
There is something terribly wrong with that screenshot. It's missing Jahin's custom unit image and yeah, I think lastjuan's strategy is good enough to beat that level...
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

Received enough complaints to change that level...I'm going for a bigger underground section and troll allies. How does that sound?
So we'll have to fight orcs in underground? And how that's supposed to help us?
And considering why we came here is the first place it would be weird to have an army of trolls at our disposal.

I still like my idea more. :hmm:
Calling a spear a spoon and then saying "our spoons are different, WINR," is kind of unsatisfying, isn't it?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Ranger wrote: So we'll have to fight orcs in underground? And how that's supposed to help us?
And considering why we came here is the first place it would be weird to have an army of trolls at our disposal.

I still like my idea more. :hmm:
I might reduce the enemy gold as well. It all depends on the new difficulties introduced after the inclusion of the Micro AIs (try playing scenario 4: Crossfire in the new master version...).
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

[quote="lastjuan"
You get money with every enemy that you destroy.
I hope it helps you. Good luck![/quote]
I don't know if you mean by unit, or leader.
But, I've killed plenty of units, and I just killed an enemy leader and I got no gold.

Damn, this scenario is difficult. (For me at least)
I think I'll just come back to the campaign in like a month. Maybe then, I'll have enough experience to beat it.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

tribes55 wrote: I don't know if you mean by unit, or leader.
But, I've killed plenty of units, and I just killed an enemy leader and I got no gold.

****, this scenario is difficult. (For me at least)
I think I'll just come back to the campaign in like a month. Maybe then, I'll have enough experience to beat it.
The level is intentionally made difficult. However, if you had managed to obtain a horde of Fire Ghosts, Fire Wisps, Lava Giants, Lava Behemoths, Furnace Beasts, Stone Golems, and Stone Titans, you would find the level to be too easy.

If you see previous posts, the scenario was lengthy due to narrow passages and hence, I had to widen them (unintentionally bringing about an increase in difficulty)
Here you have it.
I have fixed the bug, lastjuan (typo in the scenario file). However, I found some anomalies in your save file. I did not give the player that many loyal elemental units. :shock:
Last edited by Lord-Knightmare on July 21st, 2014, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:[...]
Here you have it.
I have fixed the bug, lastjuan (typo in the scenario file). However, I found some anomalies in your save file. I did not give the player that many loyal elemental units. :shock:
I don't know what to tell you :shock: :shock: . In my recall list I only see:
-The vine Tiger
-The orb
-The stone titan (I get them in the The Misty Forest)
-The two knights (for helping the goblin in The Goblin Chief)
-Vrolo y Galo in Approaching the Academy with Kojac.

That's seven. How many should I have?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

lastjuan wrote:
I don't know what to tell you :shock: :shock: . In my recall list I only see:
-The vine Tiger
-The orb
-The stone titan (I get them in the The Misty Forest)
-The two knights (for helping the goblin in The Goblin Chief)
-Vrolo y Galo in Approaching the Academy with Kojac.

That's seven. How many should I have?
It's no problem, though. You have an advantage with that many loyals. Just continue playing :P !
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Both Goblins and Ogres and Defending Korutang has been very challenging for me (specially the second). It took me several tries until a found a working strategy:
Spoiler:
Complaints: :lol: :lol:

I'm currently in The Passing of Barus (turn 1) and I'm very surprised that the recall list of Kojac is empty :shock: :shock: and no explanation is given. It's not a bug, isn't it? If the answer is negative, you should explain it to the player IMHO (for instance about Kojac's recall list something like: "I have to leave my veterans behind to control the ogres", if they are gone for good or: "My army will join us later, for now I would have to make with new recruits" if they will appear later). I found a bit upsetting because the time spent in building his army :( :( . My precious Nightblades :augh: :augh: :augh:

Also, both Kojac and Jahin should have more money :roll: :roll: ... At the end of Goblins and Ogres, it said in the end resume that I would have 344 gold plus the minimum in both cases (I was very conservative with the gold in that scenario). I don't understand why Kojac has only 250 and Jahin 295. Is that intended? :? :?

In any case it's nice to have new options of recruit level 2 units (in Jahin's case) or new units (Kojac's).

Also, I think that I had found some typos in the dialogue:
a dark mist? Of course, it's a spell! Only a mage versed well in the dart arts could have casted that!
-The a should be in upper case: A.
-From what I know about English it should be well versed.
-And I think that you mean dark arts.
It doesn't matter. The important thing is that on one was injured.
It should be none or no one.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi sorry if is a stupid question, but I'm a casual player and in the "cold steel" scenario, in the part III of the campaign, I'm stuck because I'm trying to attack a boss with Balkaag, and he never touch him, even if he has 70% of chance to hit. I don't know if it's a bug, or a normal unbalance thing, because it don't release yet. My print screen doesn't work.Thanks for answer me.
TLB-3-Cold_Steel_Tour_15.gz
(139 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

ydcl wrote:Hi sorry if is a stupid question, but I'm a casual player and in the "cold steel" scenario, in the part III of the campaign, I'm stuck because I'm trying to attack a boss with Balkaag, and he never touch him, even if he has 70% of chance to hit. I don't know if it's a bug, or a normal unbalance thing, because it don't release yet. My print screen doesn't work.Thanks for answer me.
TLB-3-Cold_Steel_Tour_15.gz
That's intended. He's an easy kill.
I'm currently in The Passing of Barus (turn 1) and I'm very surprised that the recall list of Kojac is empty :shock: :shock: and no explanation is given. It's not a bug, isn't it? If the answer is negative, you should explain it to the player IMHO (for instance about Kojac's recall list something like: "I have to leave my veterans behind to control the ogres", if they are gone for good or: "My army will join us later, for now I would have to make with new recruits" if they will appear later). I found a bit upsetting because the time spent in building his army :( :( . My precious Nightblades :augh: :augh: :augh:
That's a bug.
Also, both Kojac and Jahin should have more money :roll: :roll: ... At the end of Goblins and Ogres, it said in the end resume that I would have 344 gold plus the minimum in both cases (I was very conservative with the gold in that scenario). I don't understand why Kojac has only 250 and Jahin 295. Is that intended? :? :?
I have to investigate this. It's imminent that I have to redesign that scenario.
-The a should be in upper case: A.
-From what I know about English it should be well versed.
-And I think that you mean dark arts.
It should be none or no one.
I will fix those typos.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

thanks