The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

raoni

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by raoni »

There's a bug on the Ice Lake lvl (I think this is the name)
In the purple wolves 3rd turn a pop-up apears indicating a problem and the game closes
There is something that can be done to this don't happen?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

raoni wrote:There's a bug on the Ice Lake lvl (I think this is the name)
In the purple wolves 3rd turn a pop-up apears indicating a problem and the game closes
There is something that can be done to this don't happen?
Which Wesnoth version do you use? I played it on 1.10.6 (since the devs won't release 1.10.7 for Mac users) and it works fine....
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
raoni

Post by raoni »

I play in 1.9.13
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

raoni wrote:I play in 1.9.13
That's a severely outdated version...My only suggestion for you would be to update to Wesnoth 1.10.6 (most stable) - the campaign loads flawlessly in that version.

I wouldn't recommend 1.11.5 or later, since TLB is quite buggy in that version (due to changes in syntax or something related :hmm: )
raoni

Post by raoni »

Well, thanks for the offer, since I play using debug mode I think there's something that might work
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

It´s great to see the development this campaign has been given since last time i posted here(and got stuck xD). This time, i arrived at the scenario New strategy(the one right after Mor-Inal transforms into a lich) and, at the end of it, this error appears " Error while playing the game: game_error: invalid side(2) found in unit definition", followed by the game quitting to the main menu. I am using the 1.11.2 version and my OS is windows 7 64 bits.

EDIT:
Don´t know if it´s relevant, but when going to the scenario after "New strategy" with debug, there´s no error at all and the game continues normally. However i will wait for an official fix because, with this, i don´t have the gold i should get and have units with me that shouldn´t be here.
gooby

Post by gooby »

In scenario "The Misty Forest", a vampire says "Thee should kill thyself!" That doesn't make sense because "thee" can only be used as direct or indirect object. Lord-Knightmare, since you are from Bangladesh, you speak Bengali right? I don't know Bengali myself, but hopefully this analogy should make sense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_grammar#Pronouns

According to this information, writing "Thee should kill thyself" is like writing "Tomake should kill thyself!" (however that is in Bengali) rather than "Tumi should kill thyself!" ("Thou", "thee", "thyself" are familiar pronouns in Early Modern English.)

I hope that clears things up.

EDIT - "Entering the Mountain" on normal should either give the Orcs less gold, or give Jahin more time. I personally edited the code where the Orcs get 300 gold down to 150.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I am having difficulties with Approaching the Academy, but maybe I am just being greedy:
Spoiler:
gooby

Post by gooby »

In "Gates of Deathdom" Re:

Code: Select all

# This is just to heat things up a little

That means a total of 1500 gold given to enemy leaders able to recruit Lvl 3 units, over and above their starting gold, in a scenario with less than 30 turns. Sorry to be so blunt, but that is absurd. That is absolutely absurd. I commented it out altogether.
gall0ne

Post by gall0ne »

I've a problem with furnace beast level up; I'm playing "Finding the trolls" maps with version 1.10.06 (however i tried with 1.10.07).
When my furnace beast reach level up it become an invisible unit with no name, no attack, no info and only 1pf.
I changed version of wesnoth, i've deleted and reinstalled the campaign and era.
I don't know what to do... I've downloaded a save from this thread and i saw a lava behemoth, on help section there is no link to the unit before it as in the furnace beast help section there is no link to unit after it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Crow_T wrote:I am having difficulties with Approaching the Academy, but maybe I am just being greedy:
Spoiler:
i played it on hard and took the orc route, wasnt impossible to do so, so maybe thats the trick to win the scenario

PS: freeing the saurians is still recommend
gooby

Post by gooby »

In "The Cursed Emperor":

"I found a hell load of gold!" ... I've never heard that expression before. Is it an idiom out of Commonwealth English? If not I would put "I found a hell of a lot of gold!"

EDIT: "Impressing Drakes" should tell you how many Orcish units you have to defeat yet like in "Test of the Clans" in HTTT.

EDIT: Started "Impressing Drakes" on normal with 107 gold. It was not enough. Gave myself 100 extra.

EDIT: "Impressing Drakes" is still an absolutely ridiculous scenario.

EDIT: In "The Dragon": "Have you managed to silence those orcish scums?" → "Have you managed to silence those orcish scum?" "Scum" is not a countable noun. The Orcs are later referred to as "dumb-witted". The correct phrase is "dim-witted". Lord Kor Vas should also say "And undead, though they seem invincible, can be burnt or smashed to pieces." If they were really invincible as he stated, then, by definition, Jahin and the others would not have been able to defeat them. Kor Vas later refers to the green sea creatures as "Naga" and then "Nagas". This should be made more consistent. I believe they are officially "Nagas" in the plural. Finally, I did not rescue Crylix earlier. Cleezi effectively talks to himself and I can recruit Saurians for some reason. I have no clue why. Either an error in your WML—I don't know WML that well but I don't see the error—or a bug in my version of Wesnoth, namely 1.11.2. We shall see.

EDIT: I started "The Fort" with only 86 gold. And 10,000 gold for the Nagas? This campaign seriously needs balancing.

EDIT: Dialogue in "The Forest of Fear" includes "as less as possible". That should be "as few as possible".

EDIT: In "Choices" I somehow have some elementals left in my recall list. Is this intended behavior?
figl569

Post by figl569 »

Hi, there is a bug in mission drastic messures- dwarven fighters cannot promote to dwarven rune smiths and neither those made by debug mode works.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

In scenario "The Misty Forest", a vampire says "Thee should kill thyself!" That doesn't make sense because "thee" can only be used as direct or indirect object. Lord-Knightmare, since you are from Bangladesh, you speak Bengali right? I don't know Bengali myself, but hopefully this analogy should make sense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_grammar#Pronouns

According to this information, writing "Thee should kill thyself" is like writing "Tomake should kill thyself!" (however that is in Bengali) rather than "Tumi should kill thyself!" ("Thou", "thee", "thyself" are familiar pronouns in Early Modern English.)
Yes, I speak Bengali. And if I were translate the aforementioned statement. It would be something like Tumi Nejake Nejai Mayre Fehlo which means "You should kill yourself." So, thee was substituted for 'you' and thy was substituted for 'your.'

Basically this is a grammatical mistake, so I should put fix that. My initial aim was make all the vampires (and elves) speak an archaic form of English, since the vampires are quite ancient; but I guess I have to fix that.
EDIT - "Entering the Mountain" on normal should either give the Orcs less gold, or give Jahin more time. I personally edited the code where the Orcs get 300 gold down to 150.
That level isn't that difficult. You should charge straight at the cave opening and use Stone Titans, Lava Beasts to decimate through ranks of orcs.
I am having difficulties with Approaching the Academy, but maybe I am just being greedy:
The key to this level is the usage of damage absorber units - Krog, Maruful, Fairuz, Stone Golems. Divide your army into two unequal flanks. Send the weaker flank against the orcs and the stronger one against the vampires. Instead of attacking the vampires directly from the south, circumvent and attack from the north - you will have elemental allies distracting the enemy for you. If that doesn't work, then post the save file(s) here. I can play it for you and post the replay.
That means a total of 1500 gold given to enemy leaders able to recruit Lvl 3 units, over and above their starting gold, in a scenario with less than 30 turns. Sorry to be so blunt, but that is absurd. That is absolutely absurd. I commented it out altogether.
That level (and the following one) was meant to reduce your recall list. If you have Fire Ghosts and Stone Titans, then this level shouldn't be a problem for you.
I've a problem with furnace beast level up; I'm playing "Finding the trolls" maps with version 1.10.06 (however i tried with 1.10.07).
When my furnace beast reach level up it become an invisible unit with no name, no attack, no info and only 1pf.
I changed version of wesnoth, i've deleted and reinstalled the campaign and era.
I don't know what to do... I've downloaded a save from this thread and i saw a lava behemoth, on help section there is no link to the unit before it as in the furnace beast help section there is no link to unit after it.
Definitely a bug. I'm gonna fix that. Eventually.
In "The Cursed Emperor":

"I found a hell load of gold!" ... I've never heard that expression before. Is it an idiom out of Commonwealth English? If not I would put "I found a hell of a lot of gold!"
I'm gonna revise the grammar in this campaign anyway, so I'm adding this scenario to the list of those that need to be revised.
EDIT: "Impressing Drakes" should tell you how many Orcish units you have to defeat yet like in "Test of the Clans" in HTTT.
I shall take that down as a request. I'm gonna modify the objectives later.
EDIT: Started "Impressing Drakes" on normal with 107 gold. It was not enough. Gave myself 100 extra.

EDIT: "Impressing Drakes" is still an absolutely ridiculous scenario.
I should make the player some better recruits. I think I'm gonna something like this. You defeat a particular leader and he gives a new recruit - Wolf Rider, Goblin Spearman - take your pick.
EDIT: In "The Dragon": "Have you managed to silence those orcish scums?" → "Have you managed to silence those orcish scum?" "Scum" is not a countable noun. The Orcs are later referred to as "dumb-witted". The correct phrase is "dim-witted". Lord Kor Vas should also say "And undead, though they seem invincible, can be burnt or smashed to pieces." If they were really invincible as he stated, then, by definition, Jahin and the others would not have been able to defeat them. Kor Vas later refers to the green sea creatures as "Naga" and then "Nagas". This should be made more consistent. I believe they are officially "Nagas" in the plural. Finally, I did not rescue Crylix earlier. Cleezi effectively talks to himself and I can recruit Saurians for some reason. I have no clue why. Either an error in your WML—I don't know WML that well but I don't see the error—or a bug in my version of Wesnoth, namely 1.11.2. We shall see.
Bugs and Grammar Errors. Need to be fixed at somepoint.
EDIT: I started "The Fort" with only 86 gold. And 10,000 gold for the Nagas? This campaign seriously needs balancing.
Note to self -Give player more gold.
EDIT: Dialogue in "The Forest of Fear" includes "as less as possible". That should be "as few as possible".
Again, need to be faced.
EDIT: In "Choices" I somehow have some elementals left in my recall list. Is this intended behavior?
[/quote]

Not, it isn't. Another Bug.
Hi, there is a bug in mission drastic messures- dwarven fighters cannot promote to dwarven rune smiths and neither those made by debug mode works.
What? This works fine in Wesnoth 1.10.6.

Thank you all for your feed-back. So, I can see that players playing on 1.11.x seem to face the most bugs which weren't encountered before in 1.10.x. After finishing the campaign on 1.10.6, I will (re)play the campaign on 1.11 and fix the bugs. (For the record, I can fix bugs faster, if someone would be kind enough to send their save files for all the episodes played on 1.11.x :) )
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

you will have elemental allies distracting the enemy for you.
That didn't happen- they just stayed in their keeps and were pretty much ignored the whole time. Easy level, 1.10.6.