The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

@gooby: Thanks for pointing out the error. I will fix that. :D
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

:( I awfully busy nowadays (IRL), so release of complete Episode 2 is extended to an undefined date (end of January 2013).
By the way, I will be publishing a rough draft of episode 3 soon, which will be open for edits. It will be the last of the series, or if I'm stubborn enough to continue a 4th (still thinking...)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Announcement:
Only two levels left to code. This time I'm planning to end E2 with a boss-scenario, which might result with the end of a hero character :( (I'm not saying who.)
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Slight issue on my 2nd playthrough of "Approaching the Academy": my ally left a unit on the signpost all game. Wesnoth version 1.10.4, latest campaign version. I actually reached the academy at around turn 15 on the easiest difficulty, in the meantime while waiting for ally to move unit off signpost proceeded to kill vampire leader, then on turn 24 (ally unit still on signpost) one of my heroes got killed.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

MRDNRA wrote:Slight issue on my 2nd playthrough of "Approaching the Academy": my ally left a unit on the signpost all game. Wesnoth version 1.10.4, latest campaign version. I actually reached the academy at around turn 15 on the easiest difficulty, in the meantime while waiting for ally to move unit off signpost proceeded to kill vampire leader, then on turn 24 (ally unit still on signpost) one of my heroes got killed.
I see no such problem, although you have pointed me out to a dialogue grammatical mistake. :hmm:

Now,

Announcement

Episode 2 has been completed and uploaded!
But, it has some issues. In the last scenario (which I find to be seemingly unwinnable), has a bug. Whenever, I view statistics, the game crashes, I don't know why.
The ability charm is still underwork, so Return to Irdya may be unbalanced.

SCREEN SHOTS:
Mor-Inal's is up to his antics again!
Mor-Inal's is up to his antics again!
Behold, the Realm of Fire!
Behold, the Realm of Fire!
Jahin teams with Jalin (protagonist of Epic of Jalin)
Jahin teams with Jalin (protagonist of Epic of Jalin)
Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 2.06.46 PM.png (457.12 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
MRDNRA wrote:Slight issue on my 2nd playthrough of "Approaching the Academy": my ally left a unit on the signpost all game. Wesnoth version 1.10.4, latest campaign version. I actually reached the academy at around turn 15 on the easiest difficulty, in the meantime while waiting for ally to move unit off signpost proceeded to kill vampire leader, then on turn 24 (ally unit still on signpost) one of my heroes got killed.
I see no such problem, although you have pointed me out to a dialogue grammatical mistake. :hmm:
I think it was just due to attacking an enemy unit, the ally unit had 2XP but then didn't move for the rest of the game because no other enemy units came within it's movement range.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

MRDNRA wrote:
Lord-Knightmare wrote:
I think it was just due to attacking an enemy unit, the ally unit had 2XP but then didn't move for the rest of the game because no other enemy units came within it's movement range.
Oh, then it must have been a guardian unit. When I played it (on Normal, finished in 12 turns) No enemy unit got close to the side 2 leader. So, I had not faced such a problem. Perhaps I can tell side 2 AI to avoid that hex.
Armybone

Post by Armybone »

Hi, i have problem playing The Legend Begins... I download "War of Legends". Then, download "The Legend Begins"... When it loading it stop half way and got the error message said
"Error loading game configuration files: '[base_unit] recursion loop in [unit_type] Lava Giant->Lava Giant' (The game will now exit)"
army of skeletons!
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

It is been seemingly impossible to win death caves with easy difficulty, veterans are pouring in like anything. But status table shows each enemy leader has only 300 golds, and since the levels b4 were relativley easy i don't have many veterans except for heroes (all of them are at level 3). Tried taking down atleast 2 enemy unit per turn with kog,nog,faria and sadia, had a feeling that by around 45th turn can move out and kill leaders but despite killing around 150 enemy units i couldn't move out. Then tried killing nearby leaders within 4 turns but even that didn't help.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Armybone wrote:Hi, i have problem playing The Legend Begins... I download "War of Legends". Then, download "The Legend Begins"... When it loading it stop half way and got the error message said
"Error loading game configuration files: '[base_unit] recursion loop in [unit_type] Lava Giant->Lava Giant' (The game will now exit)"
Yes, I have fixed this bug in my copy. I will upload fixes soon, but right now, War of Legends is getting some improvements in art graphics, so this might take a while.
It is been seemingly impossible to win death caves with easy difficulty, veterans are pouring in like anything. But status table shows each enemy leader has only 300 golds, and since the levels b4 were relativley easy i don't have many veterans except for heroes (all of them are at level 3). Tried taking down atleast 2 enemy unit per turn with kog,nog,faria and sadia, had a feeling that by around 45th turn can move out and kill leaders but despite killing around 150 enemy units i couldn't move out. Then tried killing nearby leaders within 4 turns but even that didn't help.
Can you give your current recall list?

This level is only possible if you have these minimum requirements:

lvl 4 Sadia
lvl 3 Faria
lvl 3 Maruful
lvl 3 Kojac (he has a nasty ranged attack)

4x. Stone Titan (Damage absorbers and punishment dealers)
2x. Fire Ghost (Ghosts killers)
1x. Lava Giant (They like to hug skeletons)
1x. Lava Behemoth (Undead are too scared to take on this guy)
2x. Ethereal Orb (Healers)

Spent the first 15 turns to just kill enemy units, reducing the enemy. By turn 16, the enemy will be sparsed, allowing you to divide and conquer.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Armybone wrote:Hi, i have problem playing The Legend Begins... I download "War of Legends". Then, download "The Legend Begins"... When it loading it stop half way and got the error message said
Yes, I have fixed this bug in my copy. I will upload fixes soon, but right now, War of Legends is getting some improvements in art graphics, so this might take a while.

lvl 4 Sadia
lvl 3 Faria
lvl 3 Maruful

Thanks, I managed to defeat kaliban, though i had no lava behemoth (level 3 fire elemental (not fire ghost) advanced into a formless being with 2 hp and no attack) around 5 stone titans and tugg were enough (leveling up few units by re-playing levels b4 death cave helped). Btw most of the scenarios are very time consuming, it was too boring and frustating to defend nagas for 30 turns, and in most of the scenarios had to kill more than 100 enemy units. Storyline so far has been very interesting and that's what keep me playing. I heard faria and jahin become immortal after drinking the potion, but they got killed at times !?.

Spent the first 15 turns to just kill enemy units, reducing the enemy. By turn 16, the enemy will be sparsed, allowing you to divide and conquer.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

"Storyline so far has been very interesting "Agreed. Though it does help that I know the whole plot. I quite like the addition of that new character... :whistle:
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Since last time that i asked for help in this campaign, i have managed to complete it until "return to genesis" on chapter 2 and... i am stuck again xD.
I have to take ashhab to the tower in 32 turns, when it takes at least(not counting with enemies stopping me and having to fight them) 27 turns. I have lots of level 3(about 13) and some fairies at level 2 but the tiny amount of time, money(have 300 gold) and extremely bad terrain makes this level almost impossible to pass. I´m not trying to kill all enemies, but they are so many that is difficult to not be stopped by them.
I think your campaign is one of the best in UMC (great story, diverse objectives and units) but, in my opinion, these last levels are far too reliant on small amount of turns(this, the forest level with the fairies and the first time undead besieged genesis are perfect examples of this). I would suggest to ,at least in these 3, increase the number of turns or make some small paths that would increase general mobility.
Continue with the great work on the rest of the campaign.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I have to take ashhab to the tower in 32 turns, when it takes at least(not counting with enemies stopping me and having to fight them) 27 turns. I have lots of level 3(about 13) and some fairies at level 2 but the tiny amount of time, money(have 300 gold) and extremely bad terrain makes this level almost impossible to pass.
That's the trick of the level. :D You need to start moving Ashhab on turn 1. Use fairies (Forest Spirits preferably) to take out undead on snow terrain. Accompany Ashhab with Dragoons and the loyal Cataphract (undead killer). Keep Jahin and the rest at the starting postion distracting the enemies. Your allies keep the enemy busy in a most active manner, and no side recruits Ghosts, so Ashhab can move to New Genesis with ease. But, make sure to guard his moveto location as Undead Riders have a good charging attack that Ashhab can't take very well.
I think your campaign is one of the best in UMC (great story, diverse objectives and units)
:D Thank you. I greatly appreciate that.
but, in my opinion, these last levels are far too reliant on small amount of turns(this, the forest level with the fairies and the first time undead besieged genesis are perfect examples of this). I would suggest to ,at least in these 3, increase the number of turns or make some small paths that would increase general mobility.
I will replay the aforementioned levels, and if they are as unbalanced as you say, I will re-balance (perhaps give each a 3 or 5 turn increment). I might need to rebalance them, as I paid more attention, to leveling infantrymen into Glaivers, so I have a very slow moving army. You should see my recall list in Return to Irdya. It consisted mostly of AMLA-ed lvl 2s. :lol2:
Continue with the great work on the rest of the campaign.
Will do. :)
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:

lvl 4 Sadia
lvl 3 Faria
lvl 3 Maruful

i guess i wasnt the only person thats stuck then i might as well stop this campaign cause i dont even have close to the amount in the list