The Black Cross of Aleron (formerly Besieged Druids)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

WackoJacko

Re: The Black Cross of Aleron (formerly Besieged Druids)

Post by WackoJacko »

Hey mate,
I'm enjoying the campaign so far however there may be a problem with the haste potions. A unit given a haste potion retains the marker in later scenarios and that unit is then unable to receive another haste potion (in later scenarios).

EDIT:
I noticed that in previous posts you mentioned changing the objectives in "Tracing the Goblins' Path" to show that the hero must go into the light. This hasn't changed in the latest version.

EDIT 2:
I assumed the last scenario was indeed the last scenario but a small line of text indicating this would be nice.
Also, I saw it was to be continued! Is there a sequel or second campaign that continues the story?

sergey

Post by sergey »

Hi Celtic_Minstrel. I am enjoying this campaign, elvish maidens with a lot of different traits/abilities/weapon specials are cool!

I would like to report a bug related to haste potions. Wesnoth version 1.14.11, campaign version 2.0.3
The fix for removing the haste status at the end of scenario doesn't work. I investigated this issue and for some reason the modify_unit command has no effect if unit has the haste object (and I assume the victory event happens before the object removal with duration=scenario). I even tested it by issuing modify_unit (for removing the haste status) in a middle of a scenario and it does nothing on units with the object. I fixed this issue by moving the modify_unit from victory event to prestart event inside the _main.cfg file. It looks like a core bug, but it is so rare I am not sure it is worthy to report.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.

Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hey sergey, I had the same bug. I'm glad somebody's found a fix. :)