Birth of a Lich: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Birth of a Lich: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Postby chak_abhi » December 5th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post.
Zorlan can be hit, but not before turn 19 (when the last enemy turns up). Till then you will have to hold on, which I think won't be too difficult given the feedback I have received so far.
Enjoy playing "Birth of a Lich"!
chak_abhi

Postby chak_abhi » January 28th, 2015, 9:06 pm

"Birth of a Lich" for BfW 1.12.0 is out. Please download it from the add-ons server.
chak_abhi

Postby joshudson » August 8th, 2017, 4:12 am

So I played through the campaign. I didn't recruit any undead at all until the last scenario where I recruited only the four chocobos. In addition I ignored the wraith thrust unwanted upon me until required to do otherwise by the scripts. Instead I managed to raise up 9 liches and did the second half on their powers almost alone. It wasn't really enough liches and I had tremendous trouble maintaining enough firepower on the front lines, but nothing else available compares really. If I were to try again knowing the scripts in front of me I would have more like 20 of them.

I have to admit doing it this way leads to radically diverging gameplay and storyline until it almost doesn't make sense anymore.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
joshudson

Postby Cohen the Ballbearing » November 12th, 2017, 7:39 pm

So... why does only one human veteran get to be recalled in "Friend in Need"? I had several humans survive the previous scenario, but only one, who was south of the river, can be recalled in the next scenario.

Also, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong because while I could get through the first two scenarios pretty easily, "Friend in Need" is a wall-of-impossibility with what I can recruit (plus the one recall) starting with 87 gold. I know this isn't the "Tips" forum, but if anyone can suggest what the [bleep] I'm doing wrong, that'd be appreciated. Seems like I have to go back and do something different earlier on, but what exactly, I do not know.

TIA.
Is there a Wesnoth 12-Step Program?
Cohen the Ballbearing

Previous

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development