1.12 SP Naga campaign, Return of the Monster

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Naga campaign, Return of the Monster

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:My reason is just a grammar thing from none-native English speaker's view. The word of "carapace" is noun only, so I put the adjective forms before the word of "carapace".
If they look okay for native speakers, I prefer "Carapace Infiltrator", "Carapace Smasher", etc.

So could you (or anyone) tell me what you (or he/she) think(s)?
I'm not an English Major, so my formal knowledge of all the rules of grammar isn't too deep, but I can say that it is important to remove ambiguity. I think your proposed changes are mostly better, but maybe change "carapace" to something like "carapacic" or "carapacian"? I say that because some of the names look ambiguous; is a Carapace Hunter a carapace that is a hunter, or a hunter of carapaces? (Like Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer was a silly movie about Lincoln fighting vampires, not being one.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:
SkyOne wrote:My reason is just a grammar thing from none-native English speaker's view. The word of "carapace" is noun only, so I put the adjective forms before the word of "carapace".
If they look okay for native speakers, I prefer "Carapace Infiltrator", "Carapace Smasher", etc.

So could you (or anyone) tell me what you (or he/she) think(s)?
I'm not an English Major, so my formal knowledge of all the rules of grammar isn't too deep, but I can say that it is important to remove ambiguity. I think your proposed changes are mostly better, but maybe change "carapace" to something like "carapacic" or "carapacian"? I say that because some of the names look ambiguous; is a Carapace Hunter a carapace that is a hunter, or a hunter of carapaces? (Like Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer was a silly movie about Lincoln fighting vampires, not being one.)
"Carapacian" sounds good!
Even though I found the adjective words carapaced and carapacial on "dictionary.com", carapacian sounds me more creature-like. It probably fits here more than other two. Thank you so much.:) At this time, they are:

1. Lord Carapace -- keep the name
2. Elder Carapace -- keep the name
3. Divine Carapace -- keep the name
4. Foraging Carapace --> Carapacian Forager
5. Infiltrative Carapace --> Carapacian Infiltrator
6. Monstrous Carapace -- keep the name
7. Protective Carapace --> Carapacian Protector
8. Guardian Carapace --> Carapacian Guardian
9. Smashing Carapace --> Carapacian Smasher
10. Hunting Carapace --> Carapacian Hunter
11. Javelin Carapace -- keep the name
12. Heroic Carapace -- keep the name

Then uploaded version 0.9.1.
But I just changed their names. I mean the IDs are the same as the previous version to avoid errors (the unit-IDs will be changed on version 0.10.0 or 1.0.0 in the future).
Including the race name, more names are still fine to change, so please notice me the other names that should be changed.

The race name is currently just "carapace(s)".
But possibly: carapaced guard(s), carapacial guard(s), carapacian guard(s)

On the new version 0.9.1, I installed your name again on the credit list as "Feedback and General Help" after another your name as "Artwork Consultant". I really appreciate your helps.:)

other changes on version 0.9.1:
- re-installed the travel markers
- added the melee attack animation for the crab-like monsters (Carapacian Forager, Carapacian Infiltrator, and Monstrous Carapace)
- replaced the attack-name to foam for the crab-like monsters above
- slightly polished on scenario 05 Carapace-Guards (this should probably be named "Carapaced Guards")
- fixed a minor bug on scenario 07 New Leader
- added blank images (blank-top.png and blank-bottom.png)

----------------------------

Version 0.9.2 has been uploaded on the server since Dec, 26th.
This is a minor update, including:
- modified scenario 12, Into Farzi
- replaced Dust Devil's unit-image to modified UtBS's one
- added the melee-attack animation to Elder Carapace unit
- edited scenario music on some scenarios
- polished slightly on scenario 05, Carapace-Guards

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'm using the most recent version of the campaign.

In the scenario 07_New_Leader: The AI of the ogres should probably be modified so it doesn't go after the tornado. I'm not sure how to do that, maybe it's enough to give the tornado a strong attack with attack_weight=0.0.
Also, in both this scenario and the next, the undead side is all Ghosts; a little more variety would be nice.

In the scenario 08_Orcish_Pursuers: The Gryphons are really annoying. They pick off the easy kills, then suicide attack and give the enemy a lot of XP. Maybe you could raise the AI caution or lower the AI aggression.

In the scenario 09_Spiritual_Zone: Intro wording should probably be changed.
Current Version wrote: Vev, the strange mud-crawler, led Amailoss and company to where the river flew. The place laid north of the Heart Mountains. It was cold, and there was some snow around. According to the mud-crawler, ...
Proposed Version wrote: Vev, the strange mud-crawler, led Amailoss and company to the river source, north of the Heart Mountains. It was cold and snowy. According to the mud-crawler, ...
The image path for the open chest behind the ghouls castle needs to be corrected. The closed chest image is fine.
I haven't finished that scenario, but wanted to write this stuff before I forget.

Happy New Year.

EDIT:
- The leadership animation flashes don't line up with the weapons, for the naga units.

- The part where the ogre gets stoned and the lich is talking in scenario 9: "They tried to kill my sprit, but I was able to out-run them..."
- Then Amiloss's next line has a strange space in the middle: "... just a Mud-crawler [tab?] when we met you."
- The lich is talking from under a shroud, I think you need to add a [redraw] tag after it shows up.
- And lastly, I'm not sure removing ogres and saurians from the recruit list right after the two heros are petrified is a good idea, because it sort of "breaks the fourth wall" and seems really clunky (Jexxik and Arkarms weren't mother frogs that the little recruits popped out of, where did they all suddenly go?). Something similar could be done in other ways, not sure if you want to hear about it.
- Finished the scenario. There are some ways to "cheat", if you've played it before and know what's happening, and you can also get screwed if you don't know what's coming up. Initially, I'd killed the ghoul leader near the exit before the lich showed up, it just sat there and didn't recruit. Then I bunched everyone up defensively in the familiar southern area before moving the mudcrawler onto the rune, because I knew something bad was going to happen, but didn't know I was going to have to run for the exit. I reloaded a few turns back, then moved all the important units to a safe distance, closer to the exit, before moving the mudcrawler and the ogre. I put the saurian hero on one of the bridges so his/her/its statue blocked the undead after the lich stoned him/her/it. I think using one of those gates, like you did on the southern-most entrance, to keep the player out of the exit tunnel until it's time to leave would make this scenario less exploitable. And making the saurian hero move to some spot near the lich's castle, but not on a bridge, during the dialogue would cancel that blocking-statue exploit.

EDIT2: Finished 10_The_Escape. The dialogue at the end seemed, well, like a patch of duct-tape trying to hold the plot together. Here's my proposal, starting after the gryphons show up, around line 407 :

[message]
id=Montas
message= _ "Amailoss! Thank be I found you, laddie! That mud-crawler be an ancient undead lord, goes by the name of Vevyan; and old dwarvish book mentioned him. He's trouble, lad. If the orcs trapped him in a mud-crawler, you should just let that be."
[/message]
[message]
id=Amailoss
message= _ "Oh, Montas, if only you had found us sooner! I'm afraid we have already learned who Vev really was, as we foolishly freed him from the orcs. His skeleton minions pursue us through these hills as we speak."
[/message]
[message]
id=Montas
message= _ "I feared that would be the case, so I brought some gryphons and gryphons-wagons. So we can get yer fighters out of here. I also sent a gryphon messenger to yer old home, to see if we can get more help."
[/message]
[message]
id=Amailoss
message= _ "Thank you, Montas! I don't think we could outrun these skeletons on our own. But where can we go?
Vevyan turned Jexxik and Arkarms into stone statues, and we aren't strong enough to defeat his army, even if all the northern nagas join us. How can we improve our chances of victory? can you think of a way to rescue our friends? Arkarms has been a headache for a long time, but I hate the thought of leaving him in those caves."
[/message]
[message]
id=Montas
message= _ "Well, let's see. Orcs might have an idea. There be a powerful orc wizard in the city of Farzi. It be far from here, but maybe we should ask him."
[/message]
[message]
id=Amailoss
message= _ "Montas, it won't be that simple. We've killed so many orcs on this journey that they are sure to hate us, I think."
[/message]
[message]
id=Montas
message= _ "Hmmm.... I see. Follow me, I have an idea. We go to the Greenwood first."
[/message]
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Ah... Sorry... I took more than four months of forum-break (not really on wesbreak though). West's retirement made my motivation down a bit, actually, and my internet connection has been bad (a few hours in a day). But I was finally able to test-play this campaign on 1.12.2, and fixed/polished some parts.

- used BG-map with the travel markers as the story images on the most of the scenarios
- removed some Fog Clearers and replaced them to [lift_fog] tags
- changed AI of Gryphon's side on scenario 08_Orcish_Pursuers from doofus-01's comment above
- modified the map on scenario 09_Spiritual_Zone from doofus-01's comment above
- fixed a bug on scenario 12_Into_Farzi (removed the Fog Clearer)
- added an Orcish Grunt unit (that is for side=1) as Zooke's bodyguard on the end of scenario 13_Orcish_Wizard
- fixed a terrain-bug on scenario 17_Return_of_the_Monster
- modified that only the first Goblin Archer unit advances to Orcish Crossbowman unit
- added the portraits for Snow Sovereign (Sil-Celadë) and Snow Princess (Deliowen) by modifying old default portraits
- changed Saurian advancements:
-- Skirmishers advance to Ambushers only (default), and only Jexxik (hero) is Guard/Champion
-- Oracles advance to the new unit, Saurian Witchdoctors, (when playing from the beginning)
- updated Saurian Guard and Champion (images, animations, and resistances a bit)
- increased 1 or 2 HP for level=3 Carapace units
-- Heroic Carapace 56 --> 58
-- Smasher 50 --> 52
-- Monstrous Carapace 44 --> 45
-- Lord 58 --> 60
- increased 1 damage for the Morning Star of Heroic Carapace (12-3 --> 13-3) and Lord (13-3 --> 14-3)

Those have been on the new version, 0.9.3, which has just been on the 1.12 server.

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Return of the Monster 0.9.3 (Wesnoth version 1.12.0, medium difficulty)

Some comments on individual scenarios:
Spoiler:
Overall a very fun and enjoyable campaign! Difficulty was a bit on the easy side throughout but scenarios were well balanced with each other.
I liked the nice variety of units and the feature where you can choose the unit traits. (So much better than recruiting the same unit over and over trying to get good traits!)
Thanks for an awesome campaign!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Inky wrote:13 Orcish Wizard
- I wonder why the serpents aren't allied with you from the beginning - the first time I played this scenario I was too slow in exploring the northwest passage so I got overwhelmed by serpents. It's not very intuitive to send a unit closer to the serpent keep, where you would expect to find only more enemies.
I was also confused by what was going on there. Maybe the Hydra & its keep can be cooped up behind a gate, and then the Nagas open the gate and free it?

I found the turn-limit a little too strict (on medium difficulty), considering the path is restricted by orcish assassins, which manage to dodge almost every attack. Maybe another 5 turns?

I realize this is unsolicited, but:
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Inky wrote:05 Carapace guards
- I found the objective ("defeat the enemy leader") is a little ambiguous since another leader shows up but the objective remains the same (instead of changing to defeat both leaders).
That is right. It will be fixed (added another objective) on the next version. Thank you.
Inky wrote:08 Orcish Pursuers
- scenario title is misspelled as "Orcish Persuers"
Oops, it will be fixed on the next version.
Inky wrote:- This is the second scenario in a row where you fight an undead leader who only recruits ghosts - maybe add in some other unit types?
Sure. Skeleton and Skeleton Archer will be added on the next version.
Inky wrote:09 Spiritual Zone
- I didn't like the surprise here - because of nagas' slow movement on land, if you are unlucky enough to have naga units too far from the bridges there isn't really a way to save them. Maybe an extra turn before the undead recruits? Or some kind of warning before.
In the first turn they appear, I will freeze the undead units.
Thank you for pointing it out.
Inky wrote:14 Longtime enemies
- There is a minor bug where moving the boat to the hex where the galleon was (26,21) transforms it into a galleon, and similarly moving the galleon to 27,22 turns it into a boat.
Aah, you are right. I forgot taking care of it. It (actually both) will be fixed on the next version. Thank you!
Inky wrote:15 Snow Queen
- There are way too many yetis to fight through, so it seems the only way to play this scenario is to sneak a gryphon south and then east. It feels kind of cheap though since you never have to fight anything.
Yes, I know what you mean. I modified the scenario/map, so it will be better on the next version.
Inky wrote:17 Return of the Monster
-In the final area around Vevyan, you can't undo any moves (and also have to keep reselecting your attacks), probably because of the moveto event for checking when you first enter this area.
Yes, it caused to the issue. Thank you!
Inky wrote:The naga ninja seems pretty overpowered compared to the myrmidon. The ninja has a similar melee attack, but more HP, a ranged poison marksman attack, better movement through forests, and special abilities. Seems like the ninja should have weaker melee attack/lower HP to compensate.
Actually, Ninja unit was weaker than Myrmidon on the versions for BfW 1.10. The HP was 47, instead of 50 (Myrmidon is 49), and the melee attack was 8-4, instead of 8-5 (Myrmidon is 9-5). I can replace the HP to original 47 and the melee attack to 7-5 on the next version anyway. Myrmidon can attack 5 times for the sword, so Ninja's talon-attack should be the same number or more, I think.
Inky wrote:The saurian oracle -> witchdoctor advancement doesn't seem to work.
I should have raised up the version number to 0.10.0 for this matter... But the unit is a kind of minor, and the previous version number was still 0.9.2, so I keep it as 0.9.x.
To make it work, players have to run from the beginning of version 0.9.3 (or higher)...
Inky wrote:Overall a very fun and enjoyable campaign! Difficulty was a bit on the easy side throughout but scenarios were well balanced with each other.
I liked the nice variety of units and the feature where you can choose the unit traits. (So much better than recruiting the same unit over and over trying to get good traits!)
Thanks for an awesome campaign!
Glad to hear it.
Thank you so much for playing it and posting the very effective feedback. I appreciate it.:)
doofus-01 wrote:
Inky wrote:13 Orcish Wizard
- I wonder why the serpents aren't allied with you from the beginning - the first time I played this scenario I was too slow in exploring the northwest passage so I got overwhelmed by serpents. It's not very intuitive to send a unit closer to the serpent keep, where you would expect to find only more enemies.
I was also confused by what was going on there. Maybe the Hydra & its keep can be cooped up behind a gate, and then the Nagas open the gate and free it?
Oh, that is reasonable. I will probably modify it to that way. Thank you.
doofus-01 wrote:I found the turn-limit a little too strict (on medium difficulty), considering the path is restricted by orcish assassins, which manage to dodge almost every attack. Maybe another 5 turns?
Sure, not a problem.
doofus-01 wrote:I realize this is unsolicited, but:
I have been working on orc sprites for Archaic Era, so I felt an itch to take a try at orc sorcerer image. I changed the most of the colors to those found on mainline sovereign.png sprite, rather than the undead colors. Maybe it's not dark enough?
It looks pretty nice. :D
I am happy to replace it. Maybe, it is for its L3?

Thank you, doofus-01.

====================

EDIT:

The bug fixed version, 0.9.4, has been on 1.12 server since Jun, 6th.
All changes have already been written on this post (but rewrote them below.), except Naga Ninja's melee attack that is still 8-5 because L2 Naga Stalker's melee attack is 8-3, instead of 7-3.

changes:
- added another objective on scenario 05 Carapace-Guard
- corrected the scenario title, and Skeleton & Skeleton Archer have been added for side=3 on scenario 08 Orcish Pursuers
- froze undead units on the first turn they appear of scenario 09 Spiritual Zone
- modified the scenario & map on 13 Orcish Wizard
- fixed a bug that Inky reported above on scenario 14 Longtime Enemies
- modified the scenario & map on 15 Snow Queen
- fixed a bug that Inky reported above on scenario 17 Return of the Monster
- changed back Naga Ninja's HP 50 --> 47
================================

EDIT:

Version 0.9.5 has been on 1.12 server since Jun, 12th

This is a very minor update.
doofus-01's Orcish Sorcerer has been installed as Orcish Wizard (L3), and its L2 (Sorcerer) has been modified slightly to fit to Wizard. Both only include one defend frame as the animation.
The defense animation for Carapacian Hunter and Protector improved a bit, and "melee-ne" frames have been added for Hunter unit.
In addition, the scenario & map on 13 Orcish Wizard have been polished on this version.

Crossing with the previous version is absolutely fine.

thanks
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Longtime Enemies (merman & volcano scenario):
- I didn't see any need to use the boats. Maybe the map needs revision, if they are supposed to be important.
- There is some sand around (8,1) that disappears when the lava terrain changes, probably wasn't intentional.
- It's cool that the goblins have all those nice traits, but they sort of lose their "personalities" when they all get the same three traits. Do you think it's enough to give them just two good random traits, like a mainline human, elf, etc. ? They already don't have the bad traits.
SkyOne wrote:
Inky wrote: 15 Snow Queen
- There are way too many yetis to fight through, so it seems the only way to play this scenario is to sneak a gryphon south and then east. It feels kind of cheap though since you never have to fight anything.
Yes, I know what you mean. I modified the scenario/map, so it will be better on the next version.
Using the most recent version, I still think there are too many Yetis. I thought maybe using a lot of crabs and assassins, for slow and poison, might be key, but I couldn't make it work. Anyone that gets into a melee fight with a Yeti is dead, and you can't kill them quickly enough. So, I gave up...
By the way, I noticed I had an orc grunt named "<i-forget-his-name> the bodyguard" in my recall list. I'm not sure where he came from, so there may be a bug somewhere.

Not related to any specific scenario, but
Spoiler:
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:Longtime Enemies (merman & volcano scenario):
- I didn't see any need to use the boats. Maybe the map needs revision, if they are supposed to be important.
The boat-action was added later on the scenario because I thought it was a bit too hard to save the keep at the west. But if it is easy enough, I can remove it. In the case, the boats will be just images.
doofus-01 wrote:- There is some sand around (8,1) that disappears when the lava terrain changes, probably wasn't intentional.
It is actually intentional.:) Not just (8,1), also some hexes turn to the water terrains when lava-terrains change. I try to indicate that water flows from the river. A bit oddly, though.
doofus-01 wrote:It's cool that the goblins have all those nice traits, but they sort of lose their "personalities" when they all get the same three traits. Do you think it's enough to give them just two good random traits, like a mainline human, elf, etc. ? They already don't have the bad traits.
Goblins were not really useful on the last 4 scenarios, almost just for sacrificing to protect the important units, so I added the trait-trick. But sure, that is fine to change. Let me see how I can do it without changing their [race]...
doofus-01 wrote:Using the most recent version, I still think there are too many Yetis. I thought maybe using a lot of crabs and assassins, for slow and poison, might be key, but I couldn't make it work. Anyone that gets into a melee fight with a Yeti is dead, and you can't kill them quickly enough. So, I gave up...
:o Yetis on this scenario are actually not really to be defeated. They are to be avoided. (previously, all Direwolves were yetis.) So I should put something a warning message on the scenario.
doofus-01 wrote:By the way, I noticed I had an orc grunt named "<i-forget-his-name> the bodyguard" in my recall list. I'm not sure where he came from, so there may be a bug somewhere.
He is from Orcish Wizard scenario (although I added him lately). He stands behind Zooke when the baby-horse was born. Maybe, he should be recalled on the map of the next one, 14 Longtime Enemies, to let players recognize him.
Spoiler:
doofus-01 wrote:Not related to any specific scenario, but
Spoiler:
Thank you so much.
I really appreciate for keeping your eyes on to this campaign. :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:But sure, that is fine to change. Let me see how I can do it without changing their [race]...
I think you can just add "ignore_race_traits=yes" to the unit type definition. Look at mainline core/units/undead/Necro_Dark_Adept.cfg for an example.
SkyOne wrote:Yetis on this scenario are actually not really to be defeated. They are to be avoided. (previously, all Direwolves were yetis.)
Yikes! But still, how can you not fight them, since they get in the way, and come after you? Maybe if there were no direwolves, the "sneaky gryphon" strategy Inky used would be more tempting, because the gryphons are faster than Yetis, but they can be caught by the wolves.
Spoiler:
SkyOne wrote:But I don't understand it... :augh: Sorry. exit_hex [event]?
Yes, it's a type of event. :hmm: It's been around for a while, but maybe it wasn't in BfW 1.10, I don't remember. You might need to use a "selected" event or "side turn" to record the Ninja's starting hex. Did I misunderstand your question?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:Put an image of it there in an "exit_hex" event, then put the real shadow unit there at the end of player side's turn, if no other player-controlled unit moved there. That would keep the same overall effect you currently have, but it wouldn't be a liability like it can be now.
Now I got what it means, and I should probably use the new event if it fits with what I want to do, as long as creating campaigns under BfW, however, in the case, if there is any image (such as rocks, chest-plain, etc) on the same hex as $x2,$y2, the image will disappear. Of corse, it can be solved by installing those images as terrains or by reinstalling the image at the end of the event for each image on each scenario. But I don't prefer to install many terrains that I used to do for appearing the shadow unit (that is why there is currently Shadow_fake unit for the recruiting images). And reinstalling all images will be a lot of work. So I keep the action at least at this moment. Thank you for the idea.
doofus-01 wrote:Yikes! But still, how can you not fight them, since they get in the way, and come after you? Maybe if there were no direwolves, the "sneaky gryphon" strategy Inky used would be more tempting, because the gryphons are faster than Yetis, but they can be caught by the wolves.
When I tested before the last update, only one Direwolf came to the Gryphons. So I thought it was okay. But when I run it yesterday, Direwolves blocked the way that the Gryphon was supposed to pass through. So I modified the scenario and map. I think it is fine on version 0.9.6 that has just been on 1.12 server.
doofus-01 wrote:
SkyOne wrote: But sure, that is fine to change. Let me see how I can do it without changing their [race]...
I think you can just add "ignore_race_traits=yes" to the unit type definition. Look at mainline core/units/undead/Necro_Dark_Adept.cfg for an example.
I think INTELLIGENT is also out of their characters, so three kinds of sets, quick/resilient, quick/strong, and strong/resilient, are randomly available for Goblin Spearmen on the version 0.9.6.

Scenario/map 14 Longtime Enemies has also been modified (polished) following doofus-01's comments above (boats are still there, though).

thanks
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:however, in the case, if there is any image (such as rocks, chest-plain, etc) on the same hex as $x2,$y2, the image will disappear.
Only if you set it that way. You can remove specific images. See http://wiki.wesnoth.org/InterfaceAction ... ve_item.5D
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thank you for the information, doofus-01.
It helps a lot not only on this campaign, but also on my others, especially Northern Forces campaign that is updated new version here.

I changed the way of appearing the shadow units to using the [set_menu_item] tag, though, on the new version 0.9.7 that has just been on 1.12 server, because there had already been [variable] name=cancel_shadow that has been on when Amiloss is on the first keeps. So on the new version, players can cancel appearing the shadow (or clear the cancelation) anytime by using the right-click. I think it is the best way to control the appearance of the shadow units. The ranged attack animation for Orcish Sorcerer has improved a bit also.

thanks
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi SkyOne,

I finished the last scenario, it seemed really easy at first, then got difficult at the bottleneck into the final chamber. Thankfully the Flame of Justice helped get things wrapped up quickly at the very end. Here are my notes:

1. The first ghost triggers some dialog about it reporting to its boss. Was that just for flavor or did something trigger incorrectly?
2. The objectives stated to move onto the tablet, but there is no tablet until you kill the ghoul leader. (And who was he, why did he have a stone tablet?)
3. The serpents cannot handle spectres at all. They provided a distraction, I guess, but it was a strange suicide cluster.
4. By the time the Flame of Justice showed up, I was deep in debt, so I couldn't recruit any of the new fire units. Fortunately the Hydra could, but I'm not sure that was intended.

The epilog part with Bev the mudcrawler scaring away the amorous Ogre was funny. The last lines with Zooke and the horse seemed a bit odd though, might need to make it a little more clear somehow.

Was the Flame of Justice supposed to have an illluminates ability? It would make some sense, and the bright halo image indicates it might, but it didn't seem to have that effect.

What do you think of changing the charging skeleton unit's name to "shape-shifter" instead of "transformer"?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:Hi SkyOne,

I finished the last scenario, it seemed really easy at first, then got difficult at the bottleneck into the final chamber. Thankfully the Flame of Justice helped get things wrapped up quickly at the very end.
Hi doofus-01,

I appreciate for finishing it.:)
This campaign has been intentionally designed as the easiest in my owns, but on the new version, 0.9.8, that has just been uploaded on the 1.12 server, some gold and income have been added to the Ghast side when the side-one sees him.
doofus-01 wrote:1. The first ghost triggers some dialog about it reporting to its boss. Was that just for flavor or did something trigger incorrectly?
The [event] for the part should have been the attack, instead of the die. It has been fixed on the new version. Thank you.
doofus-01 wrote:2. The objectives stated to move onto the tablet, but there is no tablet until you kill the ghoul leader. (And who was he, why did he have a stone tablet?)
The terrains were changed when the players kill the Ghast before, but I added the tablet-thing later.
But yes, it was a bit strange. I changed it to a rune-sign that is behind the Ghast. Thank you.
doofus-01 wrote:3. The serpents cannot handle spectres at all. They provided a distraction, I guess, but it was a strange suicide cluster.
Ah, yes, but that suicide makes Spectres stay in the area, doesn't it? I think that players can stay focus to the bone soldiers on the left because of the suicide.
doofus-01 wrote:4. By the time the Flame of Justice showed up, I was deep in debt, so I couldn't recruit any of the new fire units. Fortunately the Hydra could, but I'm not sure that was intended.
The Flame of Justice is almost like the God for the Nagas and the Serpents in this campaign. So the Hydra can also recruit Fire Guardian units after the FoJ appears. Each of the Fire Guardians just itself is not really effective in the battle as L1 unit although playing it with FoJ is kind of fun because of the leadership ability.
doofus-01 wrote:The epilog part with Bev the mudcrawler scaring away the amorous Ogre was funny. The last lines with Zooke and the horse seemed a bit odd though, might need to make it a little more clear somehow.
Hmmm... I have to think about the adjustment of the ending... Maybe, adding another scene (map) in the snow mountains?
doofus-01 wrote:Was the Flame of Justice supposed to have an illluminates ability? It would make some sense, and the bright halo image indicates it might, but it didn't seem to have that effect.
You are right. But he is a neutral unit, and there are not any lawful units in the player-side... He has the leadership ability, though.
doofus-01 wrote:What do you think of changing the charging skeleton unit's name to "shape-shifter" instead of "transformer"?
Sure!
The Shapeshifter sounds cool. :D I changed to it on the new version. Thank you.