The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jasmine

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by Jasmine »

WhiteWolf wrote:Hello,

This is the feedback forum of the campaign: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry.
It has been finished 15.06.2012, I will abandon it for a while, and focus on my next campaign, The Blind Sentinel.
Though I have too much work in it just to leave it forever, so someday I may continue the life of Aethyr and his friends :)

The game is now in second beta phase, under continuous development. Feedback would be thanked :)

If you find something that you think is inappropiate, or you have some new ideas, or find some of my ideas bad, please tell, I am open to every critics.

Campaign features:
  • Not linear storyline, with 3 possible endings, depending on your choices!
  • 18, 19, or 20 maps with numerous goals, and changing conditions.
  • Wide range of custom units and races, such as the Immortal Riders, or the Swamp Walkers.
  • Bloody scenes and battles: every killed unit's corpse is left behind on the ground!
  • Portable items: weapons and armour.
  • Features ship warfare!
Development stage:
  • Second beta phase: in theory finished, but under continuous development
Difficulty:
  • Intermediate
  • Normal or Hard
Story:
Spoiler:
Current awailable version: 1.1.7 - beta version.

Upcoming beta version: 1.1.8beta
Currently in progress, appr. available in December

Upcoming stable version: 2.0
Currently in progress, appr. available in 2014

Thank you for downloading and playing my campaign :)
If you liked it, please give a try to my new campaign, The Blind Sentinel.

WhiteWolf

Last updated: 06.09.2013
I'm playing this campaign and love it, till now. Just finished the scenario in which i have to battle with my ships along the river and i have to begin the next one, that i supposed is called "Lance of the devil". Unfortunately, it pops out a game error, telling that the unit king is unknown or missing. Can you please answer? Thanx a lot!
Jas
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I deleted your duplicate post. Please do not post the same question again and again to prompt a response from a thread author. WhiteWolf has not been on since mid-November and so may not respond very quickly, but when he comes back he will see your post and provide a solution.

I would note that he has the below in his first post of the thread now:
WhiteWolf wrote:It has been finished 15.06.2012, I will abandon it for a while, and focus on my next campaign, The Blind Sentinel.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,
I also answered your pm, after christmas, I will fix it.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays all!
WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Hello,

I was playing this campaign and found it very interesting with Wesnoth 1.10.6.
I just upgraded to 1.11.7, but I can no longer find the add-on on the server, how come? Am I missing anything?

Before upgrading, I deleted all my previous add-on (for various reasons), assuming I would have been able to download them again after the upgrade but that's not the case.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Elendil wrote:Hello,

I was playing this campaign and found it very interesting with Wesnoth 1.10.6.
I just upgraded to 1.11.7, but I can no longer find the add-on on the server, how come? Am I missing anything?

Before upgrading, I deleted all my previous add-on (for various reasons), assuming I would have been able to download them again after the upgrade but that's not the case.
The add-on server is unique for each branch, and not all add-ons that are on the 1.10 server are also on the 1.11 server. This is often because authors do not want to maintain two instances of the campaign, particularly if the developmental branch has required them to change anything in their campaign.

The Attack of the Western Cavalry is currently only on 1.10, and WhiteWolf may port it to 1.11 or he may just wait until 1.12.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Damn.

Ok, thanks for the fast answer :)
And have a happy new year!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Elendil wrote:Damn.

Ok, thanks for the fast answer :)
And have a happy new year!
Glad to help, happy new year to you too!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Happy new year all!

No, nor TAOTWC, nor TBS will be moved to BFW1.11, because that would require annual maintenance. As you experience, I can hardly cope with fixing these bugs on the stable Wesnoth :( . Of course they will all appear on the next stable version, BFW.1.12, but probably never on development versions. Sorry.

Fixed all indicated bugs and uploaded 1.1.8beta.
- With new portable items (see list at the intro) (progress)
- Fixed King/Commander/Warrior issue crashes on all maps
- Fixed Mal-Talar movement on map5

Sorry it took so long.
The next time I'll be working on Wesnoth with maximum efficiency, will probably be Summer, and that will be my 1stWorldWar project (unpublished yet). Until then, bug fixing is going at this snail's pace :( But please keep on reporting bugs here, or in pm, because they are always listed and sorted, and can be fixed in time!

EDIT:
Known graphical bug: the random corpses on a few maps (like map13) still float on water. This is fixed already, but 1.1.9 will be uploaded only later.

Thank you,
WhiteWolf
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

WhiteWolf wrote:No, nor TAOTWC, nor TBS will be moved to BFW1.11, because that would require annual maintenance. As you experience, I can hardly cope with fixing these bugs on the stable Wesnoth . Of course they will all appear on the next stable version, BFW.1.12, but probably never on development versions. Sorry.
WhiteWolf, if you're ever interested in having someone maintain your work on the developmental versions, let me know.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Well....I have considered asking someone for a maintainer, but this campaign is a very old project of mine, and not all of the illogical and ugly codes are yet rewritten (since they actually do work, why should I?) - I wouldn't like being laughed at :S
Secondly, anyone taking up the maintenance should be able to use the custom macros I made without a blink of thinking, that would take time and patience from anyone, and I dare not ask it.
Also, I would like no maintenance on the stable Wesnoth version - that is just my task :) but if anyone is interested in copying it into the development version, keep up with the new campaign versions and re-re-recopying it into 1.11.x.....well....he is welcome :) But I don't think anyone would like to do it.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Known bug: for some reason, on the A-branch, the Blackwater map, and the last map doesn't work quite as expected (in fact, the last map is closer to unplayable, many characters no longer spawn, your leader disapperars, etc.). These will be fixed as soon as possible.

WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Milestone: 2.0 series

Welcome!
With the publishment of Battle For Wesnoth 1.12, this campaign will also be redesigned in many aspects. The 2.0.1 is already out to download, but fresh patches will come soon.
The B and C branches will probably be deleted. It was always just the problem with them.
The A branch will be kept, and in Summer 2015 the campaign will receive a sequel: Sword of Black Plague.

Another important fact, that now my works are bonded together into a long series: The Underness Series. See first page.

Best regards, stay tuned!
WhiteWolf
GodlyDragon

Re: The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi White Wolf, I'd like to play The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry on 1.11.19 but when I try it says:
Impossible de charger cette(ces) extension(s) en erreur :
C:\Users\gilbert\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.11/data/add-ons\The_Attack_Of_The_Western_Cavalry/_main.cfg

Merci de fournir ces informations à l'auteur ou au mainteneur de cette extension.

Détails :

Macro/file '~add-ons/The_Attack_Of_The_Western_Cavalry/terrain' is missing
at ~add-ons\\The_Attack_Of_The_Western_Cavalry\\_main.cfg:115
Could you fix this please?
Njord

Post by Njord »

Hi. Tried to play "Invasion of the Western Cavalry" on my mac OSX 10.6.8 with Wesnoth 1.11.13 and got following:
Invasion WC.1.png
Invasion WC.2.png
Thanks for any help.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

@Njord:
You should send pm to WhiteWolf as stated in the first post of this thread. (Sorry if you already sent it.)
You may begin playing if you comment out (add # to the beginning of the line) the 115th line of _main.cfg mentioned in the first screenshot, and then restart wesnoth.

BTW, there may be bugs in earlier versions of 1.11. You should update it to 1.12. :D
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel