The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Beon_Wyre

Re: The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by Beon_Wyre »

Thank you very much for your support.
In the meantime, i finished the Underness series and The Ravagers.

The save game should be still somewhere on my hard drive and look forward to finish the campaign.

WhiteWolf, thank you so much for your hard work you put into these campaigns. I enjoyed them very much and wish more campaigns would pick up at least a few of the very fine ideas regarding gameplay you implemented.

I look forward to any other campaign you might be working on in the future.

Cheers and have a great day!

Been
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you liked them :)
For the future, I only have vague ideas, nothing certain. But I'll think up something in time. :)

Do note that you have to reload the scenario from the start, turn-autosaves won't re-read the new code.

I'd really appreciate some detailed review/feedback on The Ravagers in the appropriate forum. :)

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
bzame-wif

Post by bzame-wif »

Hi WitheWolf

I'm playing (and enjoying) this campaing but I think I found two small bugs...

1) Long story short, on file 4_Waiting_For_The_Gallows.cfg, you used the '%' sign on carryover_percentage.
I think you have to replace

Code: Select all

carryover_percentage=100%
with

carryover_percentage=100

2) I see you created some custom units. One of this, the id=Skeleton Archer2 seems to have a wrong path:

image="units/undead-skeletal/archer.png"
probably should be fixed as

image="units/undead-skeletal/archer/archer.png"
The same fix holds for all the animation paths
Probably the image of the mainline skeleton archer has been moved since you last updated the campaing ;)

I think you won't need them, anyway these are "my wesnoth" details:
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

I started this campaign and finished the first scenario, with new assistance for first time...
Spoiler:
Also...
Spoiler:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

bzame-wif wrote: September 8th, 2018, 1:24 pm Hi WitheWolf

I'm playing (and enjoying) this campaing but I think I found two small bugs...
Firstly, I'm terribly sorry, I've no idea how I missed this post, but I only see it now. This is a very old topic and I no longer view it frequently - next time feel free to PM me, or quote me in the post (that gives a notification).

Secondly, to all, if I had to describe the state of this campaign in one word: it's a mess. You can clearly distinguish it's different development phases, and the "lazy" parts where it just doesn't work as intended. If I recall correctly, it runs from beginning to end, but that's where the good news end. When and if this gets ported to 1.14, it needs a very thorough redesign, not just in mechanics, but in every aspect.
On to the specifics then :)
bzame-wif wrote: September 8th, 2018, 1:24 pm 1) Long story short, on file 4_Waiting_For_The_Gallows.cfg, you used the '%' sign on carryover_percentage.

2) I see you created some custom units. One of this, the id=Skeleton Archer2 seems to have a wrong path

Wesnoth: 1.14.4 Portable (https://portableapps.com/apps/games/wesnoth_portable)
I think I see where these issues come from. How did you get the campaign for Wesnoth 1.14.4? :D Did you port it yourself? Or is there an unofficial 1.14 edition I don't know of? Or did you just put the campaign into the add-ons, and tried to run it?
These two issues are clear incompatibility issues between Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.14, the % might be just a bug, but the skeleton's path's were modified during 1.13. To be honest I'm quite surprised these are all the bugs that appeared on 1.14.
DukeSwampy wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:13 am I started this campaign and finished the first scenario, with new assistance for first time...
Spoiler:
Also...
Spoiler:
Again, I don't quite remember in what state I "abandoned" the campaign's maintenance, but it's gonna be a... rough ride :D Please post all issues you find, they will be fixed when this gets ported to 1.14.
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

POST 1
WhiteWolf wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 10:46 am Again, I don't quite remember in what state I "abandoned" the campaign's maintenance, but it's gonna be a... rough ride :D Please post all issues you find, they will be fixed when this gets ported to 1.14.
Okay, okay, I will find the issues as I can.

Finished On Halstead's Roads (I think). I've found...
Spoiler:
Also, in 'Waiting for the Gallows'...
Spoiler:
POST 2
Finished from starting from 'Call of Necromancy' to 'Way to the Swamp of Dread'.
This is it, Whitewolf. In 'Way to the Swamp of Dread'...
Spoiler:
Also, with Garak's presence...
Spoiler:
In item, not issue...
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 1:17 pm Finished On Halstead's Roads (I think). I've found...
Spoiler:
5% is indeed a little low. Should be at least 10, it'll be reworked.
DukeSwampy wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 1:17 pm In 'Way to the Swamp of Dread'...
Spoiler:
One of them is blade, the other is fire, so that the unit can choose the more effective attack type. That's intentional. :)
Also, with Garak's presence...
Spoiler:
Yes it's indeed missing.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

POST 1
WhiteWolf wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:16 pm One of them is blade, the other is fire, so that the unit can choose the more effective attack type. That's intentional. :)
Oh, yes, I began to understand... Sorry. :D
POST 2
Sorry for too late posting, because I just woke up... :lol:
Finished 'Highway' and 'Kidnapping'.
As starting 'Kidnapping', found your old syntax, maybe...

<Invalid WML found> The key 'target' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (2)
Is it unimportant?
POST 3
Finished scenario 'Wesmere Forest' and 'Battle of Ships'.
In 'Wesmere Forest'...
Spoiler:
Also, found issue in 'Battle of Ships'...
Spoiler:
Hey....!!
Spoiler:
Found another old syntax when starting scenario 'Lance of the Devil'...

<Invalid WML found> The key 'target' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (6)
3 branches of path...
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

POST 1
Finished starting from 'Lance of the Devil' to 'Siege of Elensefar II' scenario. As starting 'Siege of Elensefar II', found another old syntax... :doh:

<Invalid WML found> The key 'target' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0.
Edit typos:
Spoiler:
About the scenario note...
Spoiler:
POST 2
Finished scenario 'Fate Meets Fate', 'The Swamp General' and 'Gryphon Peak'. Last scenario to go.
Issue:
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 24th, 2019, 3:12 am As starting 'Kidnapping', found your old syntax, maybe...

<Invalid WML found> The key 'target' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.13.0. (2)
Is it unimportant?
Yes, unimportant, it's just a warning, the code still does its job. It just means the method is old and must be refreshed in 1.14.
Spoiler:
It's even funnier when you think that those are elvish ships, not wesnothian.
DukeSwampy wrote: July 25th, 2019, 4:35 pm About the scenario note...
Spoiler:
It's because the first time you've tried to besiege Elensefar, things did not turn out in your favor, but it did not mean defeat. I think maybe there was a note there about it, I'm not sure.
Issue:
Spoiler:
The unit's missing it's AMLA. I suspect this is not the only one like that.
The rest are indeed bugs and issues, as you've noticed. :)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

That's the last of my issue report. Hopefully, all issue of this campaign will be fixed and ported to 1.14 version. :)
Regards, Swampy.

ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

I have an issue to report in "Waiting for the Gallows" (incase its not been reported before)
At the end of the level where the cutscene occurs between Aethyr and Arya, I get this before being left with the level being unable to be completed or move on to the next level.
damnit.png
If Aethyr returns to the specific point where the cutscene occurs, it runs into the same problem again, spawns a second enemy 'Hangman' and says "<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring" repeatedly.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote: April 19th, 2020, 10:09 pm I have an issue to report in "Waiting for the Gallows" (incase its not been reported before)
At the end of the level where the cutscene occurs between Aethyr and Arya, I get this before being left with the level being unable to be completed or move on to the next level.

damnit.png
If Aethyr returns to the specific point where the cutscene occurs, it runs into the same problem again, spawns a second enemy 'Hangman' and says "<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring" repeatedly.
Hmm, I must apologize, sadly there is not much I can do about this right now. I don't even have Wesnoth 1.12 installed anymore, and the constant maintenance for this campaign is technically over. So this is going to take some time until I can look into it.
Until then, I have some questions: which Wesnoth version do you use for the campaign, and could you please attach a replay of that scenario? (it'll probably be necessary to troubleshoot the issue).
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

WhiteWolf wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:43 pm
ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote: April 19th, 2020, 10:09 pm I have an issue to report in "Waiting for the Gallows" (incase its not been reported before)

damnit.png
Hmm, I must apologize, sadly there is not much I can do about this right now. I don't even have Wesnoth 1.12 installed anymore, and the constant maintenance for this campaign is technically over. So this is going to take some time until I can look into it.
Until then, I have some questions: which Wesnoth version do you use for the campaign, and could you please attach a replay of that scenario? (it'll probably be necessary to troubleshoot the issue).
I greatly apologize for not responding to you in time.
As far as I believe and recall what Wesnoth version I had used for the campaign was around in 1.11, I'm afraid its the best I can really recall since the passage of time between when I reported the problem and now is great enough to not get the best of details. As for attaching a replay to the scenario, I'm afraid I hadn't made a replay while playing it, and my computer recently underwent a bit of a... user profile cache mishap and a lot of data has been shuffled about and what files i DID have for the standalone program for Wesnoth is gone with all relevant data.

Again I do greatly apologize for not replying in time to you.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)