The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FracoIII

Re: The Attack Of The Western Cavalry Feedback

Post by FracoIII »

hey!!
i have been playing your campaign the last 2 days.. in "the lance of devil" y choose ally with wesnoth, and kill xantos, i gave the lance to the king, pursue xanto´s officer. i find king´s daughter, save de fort .. and i have problems in the netz scenario "place for skeletons to mourn" y blow off the wall to kill the ghost, and ask for mercy and says that there is another bomb to blow the second walls.. but i dont find it.. help!!
good campaign!!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Mikeul wrote:Hi, playing the "second front : Aethenwood" scenario after having downloaded the last version, i encounter the following error (end of turn 1) :
Unknown unit type : Elvish Hunter while scoring units.
Platform : Windows XP, Wessnoth 1.9.14

Hi!
Today I'll probably have some time, I will have a look at that.
FracoIII wrote:place for skeletons to mourn
Hi!
You can already read a few posts before that there is no solution for that one, since that branch is not finished. There are approximately 3-4 maps missing. The campaign will probably be finished in 1-2 weeks, but I cannot say that for sure. Until then, you must choose another branch at map11 (The Lance Of The Devil). Give it to the bad guy, or keep it, but nobody never don't give the lance not to the good guy :D :D
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

And finally, at the end, but just before the edge of the abyss, etc. :)
So finally, I have finished the third branch, and 1.0.1 is ready to upload :) I started the upload, it will be available soon :)

Also fixed that bug, thanks for indicating Mikeul.

I hope that now everyone can make his journey without blocks and bugs :) Yet if you find any, please indicate it, and I'll fix it immediately.
Hope you all have enjoyed playing it as much as I enjoyed creating it :D

About The Blind Sentinel Campaign......6 maps are ready, but I do not intend to publish it until it is finished, or almost finished.
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
johnhl

Post by johnhl »

First of all, congratulations about your campaign.
At the last scenario (turn 1) of the third branch (Rooting out a tyrant), I get an error message:

Unknown type unit: Death Squire while scoring units
Condition 'enemy_info' failed at src/ai/default/ai/cpp:415 in function 'get.combat.score.vs'
(platform 1.10.2)

Also, I would like to ask you if it is normal unit 'Skeleton Ghost' to downgrade to level 2 after full xp.
Finally, in my opinion the scenario "Place for skeletons to mourn" is quite unbalanced, due to many villages and rather weak enemies (I finished it with almost 5000 gold).
Thank you in advance.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Sorry for being late, and unfortunately it seems to be that my entire summer is going to be like that. :(
But I fixed the bugs, thanks for denoting them. Also uploaded 1.0.2.

WhiteWolf

LATEST EDIT:
Hi!
Since there haven't been much posts in this forum, I don't look at it too often, so if you spot a bug, you can get it fixet much faster, if you e-mail me, or send me a pm, and not post it here. :wink:
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I have completed this campaign. It is a campaign of absolutely insanity, totally blood thristy, and completely making-no-sense. BUT, it is good!!! :D
I ended it up with everybody killed in the civil war near Lintanir. The underness devoured everything we cherished...and, wtf, THAT'S ALL!? :augh:

I don't think that can be called a good ending anyway...I am still trying to figure out why do u make this campaign in this strange way, and what's the deep ideas hiden beneath that plot. Though, technically, I ABSOLUTELY have no idea..
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on October 31st, 2012, 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Wow, do I have to keep experienced units? It is a bit messy.

Check out this link. This Aitze (Alice) did the "Ayla" portrait you are using. There are a bunch more elvish ladies by her created for Wesnoth. Please make sure you can use them. I did not see them on this forum.

http://aitze.deviantart.com/gallery/36176589
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello,

Wow, I happened to forget my storyline a bit, so I had to study it quickly, to see what you were talking about... :lol2:
If you mean, that everything perished, than that's the evil story, which you chose at the 11th map...read back a couple of posts, you should see, that there are 3 branches, 2 good, and 1 evil :wink: It depends on whom you give the lance.

You can dismiss any of your soldiers at any time, but that's a standard setting of Wesnoth...I haven't played since summer, but the last time I saw it, in the recall menu you can dismiss them :D

After christmas, maybe I will have a little freetime, then I may get a closer look on those pictures, they seem usable :)

Again, sorry for being late with months, but I can scarcely look up here.

WhiteWolf
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Hey bro, I am on a anti-wesbreak recently. I have some wesnoth addiction problems before and I am trying to live without it for a while :lol2: But I cannot help to reply.
This campaign is a bit crazy, but it is very awesome. Too bad thd balance and the bad end of this stroy is made poorly (which is critisized by some chinese players, who sent me feedbacks and ask me to get some ideas of new updates from you).

In my opinion the best element of this campaign would be the bloody battlefield and undisappearing corpses. It is very refreshing, but maybe you shall rate it a "R level campaign" :lol2:

Balance/gameplay issues:
scenerio2, scenerio4 are extremely hard. Scenerio4 is especially hard that on hard level it is not even feasible to beat it without save/loads.
Lich King is basically invincible.
In later scenerios, except for the overwhlmingly-awesome lv3 100 hp ghost, all other units are no longer worthy to recruit anymore.
The bad end of the story is a but anticlimactic, in which scenerio the continunent disappears very clumsily.

There is a very finely made walkthrough of your campaign made by one of your very loyal fans here. It is written in chinese, though. But you can take it as a reference. FYI, this player has an intension to translate your campaign, but he does not have the po. file.

Have fun! :)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Since I keep on getting and getting critics about that bad storyline, and I happen to have a little free time, I am going to revise it :)

I will also see to the side1's recruit list, and the maps you listed, though as I remember, map4 can be won without any bar.

Unfortunately I don't know too much about how a translation goes :o But I would really be on cloud nine if my campaign was available in other languages as well :D If you can, please tell me what to do, and how to. :)

Since I don't speak any chinese, I don't know what to do with that walkthrough, if there is anything else I should know, please tell :D

Thank you,
WhiteWolf
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

sorry bro, I forgot it. Here is the thread:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1966295966

That guy has passed lv8 english test. He shall mean great help to you. You really don't have to read it if you totally don't understand what is it; he only requires you to create a po. file, thus we will be able to translate it for you :wink:
Last edited by AxalaraFlame on January 10th, 2013, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Okay, I started working on it, I should be able to finish it in a few weeks. Thanks for the patience, and faith in advance :D

There will be a new, extra scenario on the bad storyline to end it.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

May faith be with you, dear friend. I am on an anti-wesbreak recenly. University life is uneasy...
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

It's the same here unfortunately. School and all the music bands eat up all the free time, wesnoth only receives a minimal amount. :(
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I hope I am not too late replying you here :oops:
In actuality, many of us are still faithfully waiting for your new updates and new episodes :D You are already a celebrated UMC author among our player groups.

Currenlty, this campaign's bloody scenes (all those corpses do not disappear) and awesome level ups received very positive feedbacks, but insanely unbalanced units, traits and scenerios are critisized. Besides, the translator groups are hungry for battle :) ...but, they need a po file :(

BR
Axa