Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thread]

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Proofreading and other cosmetic comments attached.

May contain spoilers.
Attachments
antar.txt
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 27th, 2018, 11:30 pm Proofreading and other cosmetic comments attached.

May contain spoilers.
Oh, thank you. I will add all those changes to the next update.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
white_haired_uncle

In an earlier scenario, Antar had to exit last, or you would lose any remaining units.

By any chance did you do this in Dwarven Pass, not state this in the objectives, and not check at the end that certain units survived?

If I remember right, I moved Antar ahead and left the others behind.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 27th, 2018, 11:43 pm In an earlier scenario, Antar had to exit last, or you would lose any remaining units.
Through the Goblin Hills
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 27th, 2018, 11:43 pmBy any chance did you do this in Dwarven Pass, not state this in the objectives, and not check at the end that certain units survived?

If I remember right, I moved Antar ahead and left the others behind.
Sorry, I don't get what you mean, maybe my English is too poor.
Did you expect in Dwarven Pass the same game mechanic? Or are the objectives not clear enough?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
white_haired_uncle

I was wondering if I lost them because they didn't move them to the signpost before Antar did in Dwarven Pass.

I went back and tried moving a couple of them to the signpost first, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I then used next_level to skip a couple scenarios, and found that they were missing when I got to Meeting the Dwarven King. Maybe this is why I had such a hard time with that level.
Attachments
ASoR-Meeting the Dwarven King-Auto-Save1.gz
(96.64 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 28th, 2018, 12:03 am I was wondering if I lost them because they didn't move them to the signpost before Antar did in Dwarven Pass.

I went back and tried moving a couple of them to the signpost first, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I then used next_level to skip a couple scenarios, and found that they were missing when I got to Meeting the Dwarven King. Maybe this is why I had such a hard time with that level.
No, this scenario has an other game mechanic, you don't have to bring all units to the signpost. The bug that takes your units away must be elsewhere. As stated before, ether while using debug, or because of the update.
MrRobbi373

Post by MrRobbi373 »

Adamant14 wrote: October 28th, 2018, 12:07 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 28th, 2018, 12:03 am I was wondering if I lost them because they didn't move them to the signpost before Antar did in Dwarven Pass.

No, this scenario has an other game mechanic, you don't have to bring all units to the signpost. The bug that takes your units away must be elsewhere. As stated before, ether while using debug, or because of the update.
Had the same issue on 0.10.13 (I think), without update, no debug, now updating to 1.13.16. What a shame, I really wanted to play further, the campaign is awesome!
EDIT: Same issue on the current version, I "replayed" Ha'ta'morg's Flight and in the next scenario I spawn with ony Antar, and in my recall list I only find three loyal dwarves.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

:doh: That is bad, currently I have no idea what may cause this issue. And the next two days I will not have much free time to look into it, maybe on Tuesday evening, or on Wednesday. I hope I can fix the problem soon.
Thank you for the report.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

!!! Bugfix !!!

If you have played already further than scenario 06, then you have to update, and go back to the start of scenario 06, and start from there again!
If you don't update, then you will miss in scenarios 8-13 important units, and you can not finish the final scenario!

It was a simple fix, I just delete a variable by mistake, that variable was needed to restore all of Antars men.
Sorry for the circumstances.

Thanks to white_haired_uncle and MrRobbi373 for reporting that bug.
MrRobbi373

Post by MrRobbi373 »

Adamant14 wrote: October 29th, 2018, 5:20 pm .

!!! Bugfix !!!

If you have played already further than scenario 06, then you have to update, and go back to the start of scenario 06, and start from there again!
If you don't update, then you will miss in scenarios 8-13 important units, and you can not finish the final scenario!

It was a simple fix, I just delete a variable by mistake, that variable was needed to restore all of Antars men.
Sorry for the circumstances.

Thanks to white_haired_uncle and MrRobbi373 for reporting that bug.
Can confirm, it works after restarting from Dwarven Pass. I spawned with my retinue.

Thank you for this awesome campaign with great "special events", that aren't exessive and fit into usual wesnoth gameplay!
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for the confirmation, and for the compliment too. :)
melasedai

Post by melasedai »

This is one of my favourite campaigns.
I loved the huge maps with their beautiful and strategic terrain designs.
I enjoyed the mission objectives, and the massive enemy waves were very satisfying to destroy.
I thought the main units were unique and the campaign allowed for lots of time to develop your favourite characters. There was a good amount of items for units to find, which is always fun.
These things, along with the dual army, made for some epic battles.

Great campaign! Thanks, Adamant14 :)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

melasedai wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 5:49 pm This is one of my favourite campaigns.
I loved the huge maps with their beautiful and strategic terrain designs.
I enjoyed the mission objectives, and the massive enemy waves were very satisfying to destroy.
I thought the main units were unique and the campaign allowed for lots of time to develop your favourite characters. There was a good amount of items for units to find, which is always fun.
These things, along with the dual army, made for some epic battles.

Great campaign! Thanks, Adamant14 :)
Thank you for the nice words, I am glad you have enjoyed the campaign :D

P.S. I am still interested to get some replays

dimosok1

Post by dimosok1 »

The regeneration ring in the scenario dwarven pass cannot be picked up by none of the units even though it drops from the death knight.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Fixed, thank you for the report.