Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

direfish

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor

Post by direfish »

Adamant14 wrote:No, that is intended, because the Elfes get there own scenarios later. :)
Yes, i understand. I've played through all available scenarios.
Just wanted to point out that managing those numerous defending elves was somewhat tedious and not justified by their further appearance. IMHO, controlling two sides simultaneously should be avoided, especially when scenario's supposed to be crowded with units. Would be cool if there was at least an option to transfer control over elven faction to AI.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

direfish wrote:
Adamant14 wrote:No, that is intended, because the Elfes get there own scenarios later. :)
Yes, i understand. I've played through all available scenarios.
Just wanted to point out that managing those numerous defending elves was somewhat tedious and not justified by their further appearance. IMHO, controlling two sides simultaneously should be avoided, especially when scenario's supposed to be crowded with units. Would be cool if there was at least an option to transfer control over elven faction to AI.
Really?
Most of the players hate to play with 'stupid' AI-sides as allies. :hmm:
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
direfish

Post by direfish »

Well.. these players probably hate to play with stupid AI as opponents too. :D
Just my 50 cents anyway. Would really appreciate an option to switch elves to AI in that scenario.
quincy

Post by quincy »

I did the first few scenarios on normal, and I find it an interesting campaign. I especially enjoyed the goblin one. I noticed that, in the elvish outpost, two pairs of orc teams have the same color. Just out of curiousity, why do you spell orcs orks?

I am not sure this is someting you can fix, but the dark adept in the first scenario and Lord Othar both charged at my army when they still had some units. I understand that they are supposed to be insane, but it made it a lot easier than it should have been.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

quincy wrote:I did the first few scenarios on normal, and I find it an interesting campaign.
Thank you :D
quincy wrote:I especially enjoyed the goblin one.
Someone else told me he don't like the goblin one. :P
quincy wrote: I noticed that, in the elvish outpost, two pairs of orc teams have the same color.
Maybe they are from the same tribe. :P
quincy wrote:Just out of curiousity, why do you spell orcs orks?
Seems like a lot of people are bothered by the word 'Ork'.
OK, you (all) have won,
I will change Ork to Orc in with the next upload. 8)
quincy wrote:I am not sure this is someting you can fix, but the dark adept in the first scenario and Lord Othar both charged at my army when they still had some units. I understand that they are supposed to be insane, but it made it a lot easier than it should have been.
Yes, you are right. With a little luck it makes it much easier.
But that is OK, don't you think?
I don't like those leaders who sit like paralysed in their keep.
And as you already explained for yourself, the should act like insane. :twisted: :)

@Quincy:
Btw. What do you think about Direfish's idea of an option to transfer control over elven faction to AI ( scenario 05_The_Elvish_Outpost )?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
quincy

Post by quincy »

@Quincy:
Btw. What do you think about Direfish's idea of an option to transfer control over elven faction to AI ( scenario 05_The_Elvish_Outpost )?
I am not sure. I hate stupid AI, but it seems odd that you control them. I will answer when I finish that scenario.

I noticed that, in the scenario Lord Othar, the only other team in the status table is Lord Othar. I knew that he turned evil from the start because:
*There was no other team, and it said there would be undead
*The team was black, and the villages had black undead flags
*The walking corpses and other undead were black
That team should be renamed Evil, or something else.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

quincy wrote:
@Quincy:
I am not sure. I hate stupid AI, but it seems odd that you control them. I will answer when I finish that scenario.
Why does it seem odd?
quincy wrote:I noticed that, in the scenario Lord Othar, the only other team in the status table is Lord Othar. I knew that he turned evil from the start because:
*There was no other team, and it said there would be undead
*The team was black, and the villages had black undead flags
*The walking corpses and other undead were black
That team should be renamed Evil, or something else.
This is an aspect I never noticed, and it was not report until you did.
Thanks for that. :)

I added a workaround to simulate there is a extra (undead) side.
I uploaded the new version.

@Quincy:
Maybe you would like to play the scenario a second time.
If yes, then please tell me what you think about.
Does it look like it should?
changelog version 0.8.17:
quincy

Post by quincy »

Adamant14 wrote: Why does it seem odd?
Well, it seems strange that the elves just say here, take our army.

I finished the scenario, and I think you should keep control of the elves. the AI would be annoying.

Also, cleave apparently affects allies, so when whats-his-name attacked an orc it hurt an elf. How does xp work with that power? Does he get it when he makes a kill?

At the time of this writing I am on the elf scenario where
Spoiler:
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

quincy wrote:Also, cleave apparently affects allies, so when whats-his-name attacked an orc it hurt an elf.
Oh, I never noticed that.
Thank you for telling me.

My first thought was, that must be fixed.

My second thought was, dos it?
Because, in battle, when a fighter in a 'furball' swings his greatsword, it is possible that he hurts a friend, right? :twisted:

@Quincy:
What do you think?

EDIT: Seems Dugi has already noticed and fixed the problem in his Resource_Pack :P

quincy wrote:How does xp work with that power? Does he get it when he makes a kill?
Dugi wrote the code.
And yes, currently Careonryn gets the XP.
Full XP for hitting the main opponent, and half XP for each side-opponent.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Sorry Admant, maybe I cannot help you anymore. Recently some people in my forum discovered that International website, such as wesnoth, are facing severe blockade.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Sorry Admant, maybe I cannot help you anymore. Recently some people in my forum discovered that International website, such as wesnoth, are facing severe blockade.
'Server blockade'???
Why?
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

The so-called "great firewall"(the Golden Shield project), the People's Republic of China's censorship system. I don't know why-Lipk's comment here may suggest why: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37263(locked by Crendgrim and therefore probably a subject best not to comment on, being too politically dangerous).
Last edited by Kanzil on July 22nd, 2012, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

For what reason the Chinese block Wesnoth?
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Look at Lipk's comment, he thinks it may have been a mistake, after all it's only a dumb filtering bot controlling it.
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
quincy

Post by quincy »

I am in China right now, and there are no problems.