Shadows of Deception 0.5.3 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Moderator Emeritus

Re: NX-RPG/Revenge from the Shadows 0.3.0

Post by 8680 »

I have pushed a commit that removes the lp8 submodule. lp8 will need to be otherwise installed from now on. I have expanded the “Installing lp8” section of the readme. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
lu_zero wrote:Macro/file '8680/lua-pack/path' is missing […]
Have you pulled commit 200267f? It should have fixed this issue.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

As of commit f959634, the addon loads fine for me. Just remember to keep updating your clone frequently, as we're working rather hard to get stuff done for the next release.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

wiped the cache, installed the addon from the server, reset the git tree

Code: Select all

20130801 04:56:21 error config: Macro/file '~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/wesnoth-lp8/8680s_Lua_Pack' is missing at ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:21 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:101 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109
20130801 04:56:21 error config: error reading usermade add-on '/home/lu_zero/.local/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg'
20130801 04:56:21 error general: The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/lu_zero/.local/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file '~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/wesnoth-lp8/8680s_Lua_Pack' is missing at ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:21 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:101 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

lu_zero wrote:wiped the cache, installed the addon from the server, reset the git tree

20130801 04:56:21 error config: Macro/file '~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/wesnoth-lp8/8680s_Lua_Pack' is missing at ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:21 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:101 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109
20130801 04:56:21 error config: error reading usermade add-on '/home/lu_zero/.local/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg'
20130801 04:56:21 error general: The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/lu_zero/.local/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file '~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/wesnoth-lp8/8680s_Lua_Pack' is missing at ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:21 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/lp8/_main.cfg:101 included from ~add-ons/NX-RPG/_main.cfg:109
A fix has been committed by 8680.

I have also updated the topic title with the new campaign name on 1.11, and updated the first post with more general and up-to-date useful information.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
lu_zero

Re: NX-RPG/Shadows of Deception 0.3.0 [Wesnoth 1.11.5]

Post by lu_zero »

20130804 00:19:35 error scripting/lua: ...esnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/gui/spellcasting.lua:123: attempt to call field 'values' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...esnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/gui/spellcasting.lua:123: in function 'decrease_cooldown_time'
	[string "decrease_cooldown_time()"]:1: in function 'bytecode'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:254: in function 'cmd'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:297: in function </usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:261>
on the first playable scenario startup

20130804 00:21:27 error scripting/lua: ...l/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/8680s_Lua_Pack/wml.lua:87: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...l/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/8680s_Lua_Pack/wml.lua:87: in function 'for iterator'
	...l/share/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/8680s_Lua_Pack/wml.lua:106: in function 'get_children'
	...e/wesnoth/1.11/data/add-ons/NX-RPG/lua/gui/inventory.lua:194: in function 'cmd'
	/usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:297: in function </usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:261>
when trying to access the inventory.

after that trying to access the spell menu hanged the whole game till a segfault eventually occured in the lua interpreter.
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

lu_zero: I’ve pushed an updated lp8 to the 1.11 add-ons server; see if that fixes your problems.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Does, I'm not sure if reporting issues here is the most efficient though, is that ok or should I send them on github?
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

lu_zero wrote:[…] I'm not sure if reporting issues here is the most efficient though, is that ok or should I send them on github?
Please do use our GitHub issue tracker.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

So far seems working fine now, I wonder what happened to AMLA and if it is the only missing bit for a preview release.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

lu_zero wrote:So far seems working fine now, I wonder what happened to AMLA and if it is the only missing bit for a preview release.
I'll work on adding AMLAs later. Right now, 0.5.0 is tagged and I'm awaiting the official announcement of wesnoth 1.11.6 to upload it to the addon server.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
vultraz
Developer

Re: Shadows of Deception 0.5.0 [Wesnoth 1.11.6]

Post by vultraz »

Version 0.5.0 is out!

After more than a year of work, here's the yet-again revamped version of the campaign! It features a new name (again), five new scenarios, a revamped plot, revamped RPG stuff, and tons of updates!

During the long break since the last release, I came to realize that the campaign did not have a clear direction to the story, which resulted in me and my "team" sitting down and actually planning everything out. The result was one quite different from what was planned a year ago, but I feel that is a much more solid and interesting one than what was originally planned. This allowed me to finally make five new scenarios.

Among the many updates were updates to the Inventory, which is now, as far as I can tell, bug-free. I also designed a new spellcasting system, showcased here:
Spoiler:
The (very-long) changelog for this version is as follows:

Version 0.5.0
-------------
* General
  * Gave campaign a new official name: Shadows of Deception
  * Dropped support for 1.11.4 and below
  * Removed Nightmare difficulty
  * Made character units cost no upkeep
  * Fixed an issue in E1S6 causing savefile corruption
  * Removed Character Development
  * Removed Norethial and Althugor

* Scenarios
  * E1S0
    * New cutscene scenario
  * E1S1
    * New scenario
  * E1S2
    * New Scenario
  * E1S3
    * New scenario
  * E1S4
    * New scenario
  * E1S5.1
    * New scenario
  * E1S5.2
    * New cutscene scenario
  * E1S6 (This scenario was formally E1S1)
    * Reworked scenario and map for cleaner, simpler gameplay.
    * Improved dialog
    * Some balancing changes

* Lua
  * Huge overhaul and bugfixing of lua code, both to the GUI and custom tags
  * Made use of many functions from 8680's lua pack
  * Added several new custom WML tags
  * New Spellcasting system

* Sound and Music
  * Added new track: "Lunar Cage" by AngeloB
  * Added new track: "Gathering Storm" by Blake Ewing (Ewing)
  * Added new track: "Ambuscade" by Mattias Westlund (West)
  * Added new track: "Through the Gates" by Mattias Westlund (West)
  * Added new track: "Frantic Sketch" by TreizeCouleurs

* Graphics
  * Fixed duplicate terrain IDs
  * Fixed bug where walls were drawn over gate corners (ported from AtS)
  * New or updated unit graphics: Villager
  * Removed show weather images
  * New Northguard race icons for the editor's unit tool
  * Terrain
    * New terrains: Carpet, City, City Arsenal, Earthy Rockbound Cave
    * Removed terrains: Campfire (mainline in 1.11), Glowing Dark Flagstone

* Units
  * New units: Caravan, Dwarvish Miner, Dwarvish Outcast, Elvish Spellbinder, 
    Elvish Apprentice, Northguard Archer, Northguard Silverbow, Northguard Nightshaft,
    Northguard Direwolf, Shadow Regent, Wanderer
  * Minor balancing changes
  * Force a shroud/fog refresh whenever a gate is destroyed.
Special thanks to shadowm, Zerovirus, 8680, bumbadadabum, Jetrel, and lu_zero for their help with graphics, code, and playtesting.

NOTE: this campaign requires Wesnoth 1.11.6, which has been released but not announced. For more info, refer to this helpful tweet by our own shadowm:
Spoiler:
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
vultraz
Developer

Re: Shadows of Deception 0.5.1 [Wesnoth 1.11.6]

Post by vultraz »

Version 0.5.1 is out

This is a mainly bugfix release for an issue discovered by SpoOkyMagician while playing E1S3, and for several improvements I made to the same scenario while subsequently testing it.

The changelog for this version is as follows:

Version 0.5.1
-------------
* General
  * Displayed the music pack's name as "SoD Music" as opposed to "NX-Music"
    in the campaign menu music note

* Scenarios
  * E1S1 - Seer and Outlaw
    * Made side 2's leader passive
  * E1S3 - Gathering Storm
    * Increased turn limit
    * Some work on balancing difficulty
    * Many improvements to ai behavior
    * Fixed several issues that caused some events to fire at the wrong time
      or not at all
    * Some aesthetic map tweaks

* Lua
  * Fixed an accidental broken implementation of [store_direction]
  * Prevent [hidden_unit] from clobbering clobbering existing 
    on-map units (ported from AtS)
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hello, I'm playing this campaign on 1.11.6, as advised; in scenario 4, The Pursuit, I killed Rhaen but nothing happens. In fact, none of the dialogues that should happen while fighting him appear - I only know about them because I opened the scenario's file.
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

revansurik wrote:Hello, I'm playing this campaign on 1.11.6, as advised; in scenario 4, The Pursuit, I killed Rhaen but nothing happens. In fact, none of the dialogues that should happen while fighting him appear - I only know about them because I opened the scenario's file.
Thanks for the report. I'll look into it. In the meantime, you can skip to the next scenario by pressing ":" and typing "debug", then ":" again, and "n".
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

In scenario 6, Awakening, I got the key with Galamor, and moved him to those gates in the north (at 18,11), but nothing happens. Was there anything else I should have done?

BTW, I'd like to say that I'm enjoying the campaign: it has beautiful maps, an interesting story (I'm really enjoying meeting Niryone and seeing Elynia in her first days), and cool RPG elements (like changing which items certain unit is carrying). My only complaint regards Elynia's uselessness. I understand that she's but an apprentice, but I think she could at least gain some different skills, or an increase in power, or maybe an upgrade in her healing ability when levelling up. The way things are now, the player is stuck with a dismayingly weak and useless unit that must be kept alive and which never improves. :?
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)