Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wardog_of_bad_moon

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.12 RPG World - finished

Post by wardog_of_bad_moon »

Very well. Then I will сontinue thoroughly test my variant of maxed units and then will send you an archive file with units. It will also include three original level 0 units: volunteer, trainee and scholar. Volunteer (att 1-3, 1-3 fist, stone, hp 12, exp 20, cost 1, skirmisher, loyal) is a tinager joined in the thirst of glory to army. He\she advances to peasant, trainee or scholar. Peasant (standard) is for weak and not so clever. Trainee (att 2-4, 1-3 dagger, knife, hp 24, exp 30) is for strong and stupid, can become heavy infantry or horseman. Scholar (att 1-4 magic, 1-4 fire, hp 12, exp 50, heal 4, regeneration) advances to sergeant or mage. They also do not demand modification of core units.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Sorry for demotivating you again, but I can't say if I will and can embed this into a future version.
I will have to understand the code, after all its my "responsibility" for the campaign.

If the campaign loads one minute longer (which will cause most mobile devices to crash) or even breaks the entire campaign, this is not what we intended.
Just want to say, don't spend too much time into that and present me an early prototype, so I can see if and how it works.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

The add-on loads and plays in 1.13.5.
I lost the game when a random event took 1000 gold out of my purse, which had only 76 in it! Perhaps you can change that to a percentage :lol:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Good idea, will do so. Sorry I'm currently ill and will take time for me to respond.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
wardog_of_bad_moon

I am sure that percentage is no good idea. it is very simple and fast to get first 1000 gold. Percentage on later stages of the game where it is necessary for example to bring 10 billions to Necromancers will effect the exponential explosement and block progress, like it made to frequent opponent side attacks. I propose a compromise for nubs. Activate this event only for those having more than 2000 gold :) But I think that even this is not neceassary.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

It makes no sense at all to see my gold balance as -924, unless you want to implement a concept of owing the random bandits.
Furthermore, it does make sense for a large percentage of your gold to be stolen, since you can hide some of it elsewhere on your person or in your stuff or nearby when camping. If your character is dumb enough to carry 10 billion gold (how much would that weigh?) they deserve to get robbed of most of it, not just 1000.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I agree with troll, sorry wardog :(. But I will explain.

The game/addon should react on the players strength, which is presented by the level. I put a lot of work in higher quality enemies, partially higher chances for spellcasting and a lot of more things in the background such as that crafting chances increase with higher level (more overall experience so less clumsy).

The economical strength of the player has never been regarded in the addon so far. For example in the strange legacy app (just a peaceful trading game), negative events will also cause you to loose x% of your income. That's ok and fair and is exactly how I want it. The game reacts on the players position, without any calculations. I will however just influence negative gold events. Positive gold events will probably stay the same, this will increase the effect of having a high luck (which counters negative gold events).

Currently I'm also thinking about getting rid of the "0 gold rule will make you loose the game", so that a player can have negative gold. He than has to work to pay his dues, like missions and so on. That's ok I think. I'm also planning to show a pile of gold in your house, which grows bigger as you get more gold. It's just a funny side aspect. I'm also thinking about a burglar, who try to steal this gold - however being countered by your doghouse, zombie maid and maybe other devices.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

i like when RPGs get more complex and interesting instead of getting nerfed when a problem arises 8)

btw "loose" means "not tight" or "free from control"
and "lose" means "fail to win" :eng:
wardog_of_bad_moon

I see that new generation of Trader will be completely another and much more RPG-like. We discuss basing on different backgtround because in current version simply there is no possibility to store gold in external nearly safe storages. So this version in complex with its hard quests would be killed by troll's percentage because here the hero is a troll's idiot carrying all his gold and all his goods with him.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

wardog_of_bad_moon wrote:here the hero is a troll's idiot carrying all his gold and all his goods with him.
i resemble that remark! :P :lol:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

The changes concerning a few random events won't be that intense. What will be intense if I can manage to get cities to get a good production and consume of goods. I had the idea the cities will than produce taxes, based on the goods they have - maybe they grow and gain inhabitants, which will pay taxes (as in Rings of Medusa and Scherbenwelten). But the pain is, this is done inside infinite movements macro and I believe I can't pull this off in a way which is performant enough.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, minor bug report: while checking out the RPG mode i found out that the Drake hero has the 'merman' race, also, he has the same resistances as John does, which is also very weird (you should change it to the drake resistances),and his fire breath attack is missing an animation. there are similar issues with other unit too, i think. basically, you should pay attention to the base resistances/races of RPG units too

speaking of RPG mode, i think you should move the 'Uncle's House' building according to the place in which the hero lives, and it should be just 'Your House' in RPG mode
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I've changed the drake now, also the description was wrong. The resistance was so far intended so that you couldn't reach more than 100% resistance, but I've changed it for all races, now. Fixed the missing animation and changed the name to your house.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Heindal wrote:I've changed the drake now, also the description was wrong. The resistance was so far intended so that you couldn't reach more than 100% resistance, but I've changed it for all races, now. Fixed the missing animation and changed the name to your house.
about resistances: why not just add a resistance limit? (something simple like not giving a resistance bonus when the unit has already 40% resistance. it won't prevent going about the limit, but at least will make it more-or-less reasonable)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I so far don't know how to add a maximum that. Maybe it's a five minutes job, maybe I can't do it. As there are abilities (perks) which increase the overall resistance 40% isn't high enough. I just have to be sure that the resistance doesn't exceed 100%. But that's just possible by using the grey armor, which isn't available in the rpg mode. Got to test that.