Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rowanthepreacher

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.94 Wesnoth Trading Sim

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

1 and 2: Fair enough. Nice to know I helped :D
3: I had never been on water. It was a desert map, with sand along the bottom, and water along the top. I spawned in the same co-ordinates as I would have if it were a land battle, except that those points on the desert map seemed to be sat in the sea. I'll post a savegame when I have time.
4: Ah, so without any cargo space, I wasn't hauling in the extra coin I should've had, I guess.
5: The text spot next to each island lets me trade, not land :(
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

5: The text spot next to each island lets me trade, not land
Certain islands don't give you the option to land. There's nothing on them, and there's no way or need to access them. Some islands on the western map allow landing. Try them. :)
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

3. I see ... there is an 'island encounter' as well. I will check that.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.941 Wesnoth Trading/RPG

Post by Heindal »

0.941 Uploaded

Bugfixes and some additional features.

Randomloot can be found, when defeating enemies. The droprate and quality is increased with the luck stat.

Adventurespots: Long forgotten ruins await their explorer. Maybe there is still treasure to be found and experience to be gained.
Spoiler:
Ancient Tomes reveal secrets beyond imagination - spells, long forgotten skills or even grant experience.
Spoiler:
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Twrchtrwyth

Post by Twrchtrwyth »

Hi Heindal
Have the same problemas Gosh with desert monster nest in 941 -- nothing in the nest. Otherwise a great quest game, very much improved in the latest version.
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.941 Wesnoth Trading/RPG

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for reporting, I finally identified the problem.

When you enter a monsternest and than leave it again, the Monster Nest will be generated again on the Worldmap. In the case of the Desert Monsternest it placed a normal Monster Nest on the map, not a Desert Monsternest. This also caused the bug, where you finally landed in the Starter Map with additional gold.

This will be changed with the next bugfix, together with some other bugfixes, concerning the missions and the randomloot. I also might overwork the whole mission concept. I could check wether the bandits or monsterside is eliminated instead of counting the defeated targets one by one.

However the development is in a tricky phase now, the last 5% are always dangerous. Reminds me of that unfinished fanfiction of mine.
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.95 Wesnoth Trading/RPG

Post by Heindal »

I slowly approach the end of this project.

Turn water in ice and move over it, throw bombs and see them flying, as well as your fireballs, iceballs and lightnings. Equip powerful ranged weapons as magician or becharm your enemies using the 'charm' weapon special, or steal their purse. But most important of all move much faster with the new and hopefully bugfree ^_^ unlimited movements. Test new weapons, amazing equipment with stunning special abilities and explore 9 new cities. However there is also bad news - I havent finished the story yet, but this update is the final prepare for that.

Uploaded version 0.95:

- unlimited movements on worldmaps and in cities with working randomevents and encounters
o this will really make players live easier and fastens the game
o please be so kind as to report bugs concerning the encounters and randomevents (I of course tested that without encountering a bug, but who knows)
o I also added a kind of device that should disable the random events when returning from an encounter or when moving on a field that brings you to a new map field
(this can be buggy)

- changed trading layout for equipment, weapons and trading goods
o this has been a little bit inspired by Wesband - even though I don't like their mini font size in the description

- 9 additional inner cities with own shops, unique offers, secrets and specials - unlike the captial city these are real cities which should really 'live' in the next update
Spoiler:

- more than 30 new weapons
Spoiler:
- over 10 new weapons specials and 6 new abilities
Weapon Specials: Lifedrain, Shockwave, Shock (Splashslow and Greater Splash), Greater Splash (6 Damage), Teleportaway, Knockback, Knockout and Knockback, Perfection (80 % hit chance), defensive strike (drains on defense), Becharm (chance based on charisma), Cleave (does not seem to work), Pickpocket
Abilities: Blitz, Intiative, Distract, Bloodlust, Feeding, Illuminate

- around over 30 new pieces of equipment
Spoiler:
- new spells (merfolk spells and spell weapons)
Spoiler:
- new enemies in banditcamps, monsternests and encounters
Spoiler:
- new icons and graphics
o Beside several animations for the cities (moving citizens and animated fountains).
o worked on different missleframes and animations for the attacks (instruments now have an own missle frame).
o worked out the real range macro adding almost any kind of possible projectile, so watch your fireballs, iceballs, shockwave and bombs flying.

- 3 different trading missions
o these are normal missions, such as bring a letter to a random city, or deliver goods.
These kind of missions are just available on the main map and target city are on the main map only. There will be a contraband mission later.

- several bugfixes
o I don't remember them all. I solved the bug mentioned above in the desert and some other mission based problems.
Ultragore

Post by Ultragore »

Hi,

first of all, awesome work!

Second. Bugs that appeared:

1. Everytime I flee a cityguard battle and immediately return to the battle my GP are doubled (which made me rich pretty fast).
2. If you use the Magicians Cloak (not sure about other transport devices) for example to a desert village and you've not yet bought the cart upgrade to pass deserts, you are stuck for good.
3. The spell which teleports you to any location on the map might teleport you to impassable terrain.
4. The summon spell which recruits spearman spawns them in walls as well (although they can move from there).
5. One has to check the locations revealed by a treasure map without map changing. Otherwise the treasure is no more existent although the 'mission adviser' still gives you the coordinates.

Third: Things which are just annoying:

- Whenever I level up, I must have in mind my stats. Same when I buy consumable items (Could you implement a counter that shows the stats/items).
- The inventory menu doesn't show the special abilities of some gear. With some it does.
- The 'mission advisor' is corrupted. For example: The coordinates in the 'find orcish outpost' mission are simply wrong. In the next mission which is all about destroying a watchtower with the help of a tamed dragon(?), the advisor doesn't give you more information how to do that (and that actually made me stuck in the game so far :-( ).

I hope I could help improving the game and also hope for an answer how to find and tame that dragon in order to destroy that damn watchtower (wherever this might be located).
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks Ultragore for your feedback.

First of all I want to excuse for the bugs, but the system is getting more and more complex. I just don't have time to test any possibility.
Thats why I'm very happy if betatesters give me a feedback. Have you played the newest version 0.95?

bugs:

- what do you mean by cityguard battles? Cityguardmissions or missions to conquer a city or encounters?
- magician cloak - really I got to check that, I always thought you can just use the teleport ability to teleport to villages you have already visited
- the teleport spell should just allow you to teleport to passable terrain, but teleportaway specials and teleportaway traps might teleport you into a wall - thats true. I'm not quite sure wether the flee scroll and teleport to scroll work the same way.
- I think it should be possible to summon all kinds of summons into a wall, I might think of a filter to fix that
- got to check that, I wrote a macro to place a treasure whenever you enter a map

annoying things - I will fix them if I can:

- I'm not quite sure if you want me to display the stats when you level up. I will do so, that hopefully will be easy.
- special abilities - it might be that you mean rings and amulets, I will see what I can do
- the coordinates for the find an orcish outpost are wrong (of course!). You are likely NOT to find an outpost on the two position but BETWEEN them. This is a "scout mission" - your mission is to find the orcish outpost between two coordinates:

Imagine you have an outpost between coordinate: x=1-3 and y=1-3. The missionmacro will then dice out a secret location lets be it x,y=2,2. You will now have to "scout" each location in the retancle of coordinate 1,1 and coordinate 3,3 which should be each marked with a label. You step on every single field to find the outpost. As you see there is always a chance that the outpost can be at the marked locations "1,1" and "3,3". This was some kind of "minigame" and I already have 2-3 other minigame missions like that in mind, following the tracks of a criminal or something. I will check if the whole mission is broken by my recent changes.

- I don´t understand the last question :-) - ah now after reading through the description: "I might need to tame a dragon in the mission description" is just a joke. You need to start a new mission by talking to the cityguard in Frost Capital again and start a new mission. The coordinates of the watchtower will than be shown in your diary. The watchtower mission is quite simple. Once you have started the mission a watchtower (as a picture) will be placed on a coordinate. After that you can simply go to the coordinate with the watchtower picture and the mission will start.

Two annoying things are now hopefully done :wink:.

Best regards
Heindal
Ultragore

Post by Ultragore »

I've downloaded the 0.95 beta.

Bugs:
- I mean the cityguard missions that want a player to take out a monster nest for 200GP reward.
- I recall it actually was a teleport trap that brought me inside deep water.

'Annoying' things:
- Yes, it would be really cool if the level up menu that lets you decide which ability you want to level displayed the current levels. Same with all kind of equipment in particular consumables.
- I think the missing special ability display applies to rings, amulets, and shoes and helmets. Not sure about the shoe/helmet display cause I might have gear without any ability.
- Coordinates are told wrongly in the diary. It might just have confused me if the diary tells you an example. But I don't think so. It tells you the wrong 'in between' coordinates. Fortunately there are 'in between' markers on the map.

Thanks a lot for the mission help. I shouldn't skip the dialogs :doh:

I'll see which other bugs I'll discover as I proceed the game. I'll let you know.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm gooing to update all bugfixes soon in 0.96. I already created a workaround for levelups (it seems not to be possible to display variables within the amla advance description) and all abilities/effects will be displayed for helmets/shoes/amulets/rings in the inventory. I also repaired the mission problems. These were done be some 'relicts' in the code. The diary has been repaired as well.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Hiya. I thought I'd give this a try. I didn't play for long but found a few things:

- The initial character menu descriptions require you to scroll sideways
- As a thief, I equipped my slingshot but saw a bow icon appear
- I chose to deliver a parcel mission and found 2 typos: "we marked the loaction of one of ours lieutenants"
- I went in the sewers and bumped into a hidden stealth rat, then on my turn the rat spoke saying "you manage to see a stealth rat"
- The following turn an ernourmous rat told me to "ready me weapons"
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi Bob,

thanks for testing. Tell me how to change it with pango or internal wml function and I will overwork the initial menu. This far I will see what I can do with inline breaks, I already did that for the weapons description, but it seems like a never ending story.

Each time you are attacked by a new monster your character will describe it, or the monster will introduce itself by saying "KILL THIS ONE BWAHAHAHA" or something like that. This feature is not perfect, as you character descripes the attacks of the rat. I have now set the rats introduction in italic, it should now be clear that these are descriptions. Lateron I want to fill the diary with 'known monsters'.

The inventory image is realized with masks. The bow will show each time a ranged weapon is equipped - not the real weapon will be shown. Its the same with all the other parts of inventory that you can equip.

When starting the inventory concept I always thought it would be easy to realize the inventory with an overlay of the icons image, I was wrong. Overlay is rather complicated and my requests in the wml workshop about how this overlay feature works suggested complicated coding in c or did not deliver answers at all. It was rather frustrating as I know that this feature is available.

Corrected the typos, there might be more even though.

Thanks for the feedback, the next update is on the way.
If you like to cheat try the jaume mode.

Bye

Edit: Please note - I already solved all the mention bugs by ultragore, bob and the others, but there is still a feature missing and I try to figure this out before uploading 0.96. I also added a lot of new features *sigh*.
gooby

Post by gooby »

Why is the image of the librarian male when the librarian is referred to as a "she"?

Also I got a mission to deliver a parcel where Capital City is labeled.

The parcel was delivered but "Capital City" was erased.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

You can't deliver a parcel to a city, there are just missions for goods, letters and cargo. From what I read between the lines you are talking about the Capital City label, right? Parcel missions require to go to a specific location - so after solving the missions all labels on that sport will be deleted. All labels will be restored, when leaving and entering the map again.

Or is it something else?

The librarian is a random generated unit, so it can be either male or female, maybe I should change that.

Btw. I just uploaded version 0.96 which should repair all the before mentioned bugs + better amla path and level up + useable traps/scrolls that can be used on allies and foes alike and some more little changes - for details see first post.