Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.09 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

I've tried to upload the addon to 11.12 but unfortunately it produces the following message.

The server responded with an error:
Add-on rejected: the add-on contains an illegal file or directory name.
File or directory names may not contain whitespace or any of the following characters: '/\:~'

So far I've checked all file and directory names but I can't find the problem.
Can this message be caused by something else?
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It happened to me once, and the problem was the whitespace character. There cannot be any whitespace ' ' symbols, that is an addition to the rules that applied before.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks dugi,

unfortunately I've checked for whitespace characters as well as for all the mentioned signs, but I don't find it. Maybe I'm just blind or something or maybe it is just the quantity of files and folders. For now I will leave it to it and have to accept that I can't upload my scenario in that version.

Best regards

Heindal
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I looked at your old version on 1.11 from addons.wesnoth.org website, and see there are a lot of files with whitespace-containing names in "units" folder. I obviously have no idea if that's fixed though.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks doofus for your time. But unfortunatly I've already fixed the problem with the unit types. A good thing about 11.12 is that you can't even start or play the game, if a unit has a whitespace in its filename and that the unit is mentioned in the bug report. When I first tested the campaign the game broke and produced a bug report complaining about "Fat Rat.cfg". So I've changed that to Fat_Rat and looked over all names for whitespaces.

The bad news is, that I can start and play the campaign in 11.12 on my computer, so I've already fixed all that unit related bugs.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, if there are no file-names with whitespace or illegal characters, is there possibly a reference to to such a file leftover in your _main.cfg file, or some other file? I have no idea how the addon uploader detects whatever it detects. Is it possible you have a "hidden file" or some other file-system-generated-crap-file that has an illegal character? If so, you can try including that sort of thing in a _server.ign file to have it not included in the upload.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Unfortunately I haven't found any hidden files. There are two reasons that assumingly could cause the problem: I integrated source.txt files and maybe whitespace in the files itself (even a blank line in a unit definition needed to be fixed before I could even start the game). With 1.145 files this addon is unfortunately not that easy to be checked :( . But I did it the fourth time now and I will give it up for now. The campaign is available for 10.7 so thats ok for me.

Thanks you all for your help.

@dugi some of the maps are designed to be reused in world of wesnoth ;).
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Hi Heindal, first of all, your work is awesome.
And I have a pair of suggestions:
- Let's put a limit of additional workers in "Your Tavern", since one step can make you gain 100 or 1000 gold. And that's not very realistic indeed.
- In the infinite dungeon is a turn limit in 20 turns, that's little time to explore the vastness of the place.

--- Atric.
Sorry for my english.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi RainKnight,

thank you for your feedback. I will set the infinite dungeon to infinite turns and change the tavern exployees with the next update.
I'm glad you liked it.

@all I'm also quite sure, that I might fix the issues concerning version 1.11 by using the python macro for indenting.
I will check this tomorrow.

Kind regards

Heindal
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.091 Saurian Secrets

Post by Heindal »

Hello everybody,

so far i tried to upload my campaign to version 1.11.12. Unfortunately I failed to perform that, even so I repaired some bugs on the way.
I've just uploaded Version 1.091 for the version 1.10.07. This update is called 'Saurian Secrets':

- The Saurians in the Swamp have researched ancient knowledge, allowing them to bind powerful magic in scrolls. The magic is quite unstable and has unpredictable results. The so called Randomsummonscrolls are expensive and will summon either a enemy, a neutral or an allied unit.
- the price for tavern stuff will increase - but basically you can still upgrade it infintely. It is not so easy to misuse it, therefore the basic price is slightly to decreased
- you now have infinite turns in infinite dungeons ;)
- you now have a challenge mode, which forces you to take a disadvantage, which will make the game way more challenging
o for example you can't use weapons, magic, armors, you are not allowed to trade, have a higher starting level or expenses per turn
- improved graphics - a shining halo appears on all points of interest - so you can easily discover hidden events
- the monster definitions have been repaired, so you can now review the advancement tree under: http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/Trader/en_US/Trader.html
(Some pathes still have to be repaired, though. But this will be fixed with the next update)
- indenting done
- treasurehunting is now a little bit more stable
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Just uploaded the addon in version 1.11.13.

Maybe this is helpful in case somebody else encounters the same problem.

The Problem:

When uploading the addon to the server 1.11.13 I received the following message:

The server responded with an error:
Add-on rejected: the add-on contains an illegal file or directory name.
File or directory names may not contain whitespace or any of the following characters: '/\:~'

Solution:

I could start and play the addon and as the game itself checks unit definitions as well as scenario and macros that are used for the game. So it was most likely that the images caused the problem. So I've tried to upload the addon without the images folder and the upload worked. Than I found two images, which I once copied. Windows saved it as ' Copy' or ' (2)' and that caused the problem. So I can give following advice in case you encounter the same problem:

- try to upload the addon without images folder
- search for Copy or ( to find copies
- try to play the addon and debug all bug messages first
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I've just uploaded a new version for the addon:

1.092 'Rise of the Deathblades'

Somehow the orcs have gotten their hands on ancient cursed weapons, which allow to perform deadly strikes. Even so the wielders of these weapons tend to die after a few years, anyone touched by the blade will die. As soon as you encounter orcs with a grey skin, run or kill these wicked foes with spells or ranged weapons. Nevertheless new foes have arrived. The wicked medusas are said to roam in the dungeons of the kingdom. If just these rumors about a way to cure petrification are true, you might even defeat these beasts on a distance. The Saurians, which have just discover ancient knowledge about randomspells, realized to call a couple of abnominations. These giant toads are used as guards for the Saurians City. We are not sure, what these changes in balance will cause in the near future ...

this will provide several bug fixes, as well as some changes to the gameplay and graphical improvement

- Bugfix: the bugfix that encountered in 1.11.: after an encounter on a ship you were respawned as human in the middle of the ocean
- Bugfix: depreacated name for abilities and weaponspecials have been replaced
- Bugfix: randomid spawns now receive a unique id
- Changes: The Status Drunk can now be healed by sleeping or temple curing
- Changes: Risen fame needed to hire better mercenaries
- Changes: global enemy spell chance (10% easy, 15% hard)
- Changes: increased spell variety of the enemies
- Changes: bosses will now spawn in Encounters on Level 30-49, Epic bosses on Level 50
- Changes: Balancing changes to the monsters
- New Features: Sage can identify flasks, added trainers that can teach a variety of skills
- New graphics for special orc units (such as hero, weakener), angel (selfmade) and demon
- New animations for spells - taken from World of Wesnoth, reactivated the impact explosions
- New Portrait for Sage and Angel (selfmade)
- New units - Fatalblade, Deathblade, Meduas, Toads from era of Magic
- New Music - added Music from open bundle in the campaign (in an extra optional addon)
this is still an experiment - tell me if you like that

Their might be some story parts with the next update.
marvalis

Post by marvalis »

The sentence doesn't make sense:
Souleater
The war between orc and humans will not be over and it is up to restore the balance. But I'm quite sure you will make it!
For some reason trade goods went negative after buying/selling a lot. 1.10.6 linux.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for playing and reporting.

The sentence should read:

The war between orcs and humans will not be over and it is up to you to restore the balance.
But I'm quite sure you will make it!

Have to look into the negative value.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Negative prices is a bug that encountered in any OS not just Linux. It was just a problem I've overseen when creating the dynamic market.
I've already fixed it, setting the minimum price to 1.

It will be fixed with the next update.