Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.9.7 Wesnoth Trading Sim

Post by Heindal »

K, thanks. Than I have to embedd them, as they are very charming characters for any desert map. I also have to fix annother bug, or lets say a stupid situation in the game. If you are about to fight the seamonster you actually must have a desert upgrade to get to the monster, so I will now update a little out of line.

Bugfix 0.71 for 1.8. version contains:

- changed sewer: you will no longer be stuck in swamp fields, the leave field is free now
- changed desert: the cave in the ocean level can now just be reached with desert upgrade, which is available at the miners :whistle:
- changed buy and selloptions: several pictures were not existing in 1.8 - sorry - its fixed
- upgraded lootoptions (this should be embedded later, but as it was ready you can be happy to find even diamonds, tools, potions or gold in caves or when finding a random loot - it can be nothing or a checkpot)
- integrated the khalifate - btw thanks very much to the creator for this great fraction (I like the images ^^)!
- the sell price of weapons is shown
- you now can sell tools for half the price
- you can now drink a manapotion which is kind of err relaxing, setting your exhaust to 0 and adds one maxexhaustment
(as there are no spells so far this is pretty weak, but at least has a sense now)

:doh: some mayor bugs couldn't be solved that easily especially the ship thing, I will try to change that in the next version :doh:
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Jaume

Post by Jaume »

Legacy 0.71 beta, BfW 1.8.6 - played a bit, found these bugs:

o the Elven Sword you can buy at the Elven capital is actually a ranged weapon.

o selling Elven wine in taverns displays the wrong icon (regular wine.)

o you can pick up random products when looting crates, but apparently this doesn't update the 'space' variable in your cart (thus space becomes greater than maxspace when you sell these proucts.)

o I couln't find the Water Monster in its lair, only a bunch of Tentacle critters.

o the Khalifate units apparently miss a movetype (stuck with 0% defense, can't move.)

o the diamond mine in the desert map doesn't seem to work correctly: when you try to produce diamonds, it just increases the 'space' variable, but the diamonds actually never end up in your cart so you can't sell them (in the end, you're just eating up space in your cart you can never claim back - rather annoying for such an expensive investment :augh:)

o 'set sails' generates an ever-increasing number of gallions each time you use it on the ocean map - I had 3, then 4, then 7. Kinda cool to own an armada rather than a single ship.

o buying a cart upgrade (such as the mountain upgrade) with the ship (you can do that in the swamp city) upgrades the ship, not the cart.

o HP increases while levelling don't work correctly: you get way more HPs than displayed in the AMLA popup, at an exponential rate, and can end up with an absurdly high amount after a few levelups.

Last nut not least, a suggestion: you'd make the player's life MUCH easier by moving the 'sell' menuitems to the top of the list, and a 'sell all your X' option would make trading less tedious. This is the only issue I have with your trading system. Other than that, you did a rather good job.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Wow, thanks again for the great bug list (even though it means if have to work them out) - I have to admit that there are many bugs in the 1.8. version.

- I intended to make a sell all button for each ressource
- the space thing for the random loot is nasty - i never believed it would be that buggy
- Khalifate ... arr damn, this faction ...
- oh the diamond mine bug is hard - it seems that the mine gives you a ressource that has a wrong name - so you can't sell it.
- got to check the set sails ... it seems the same with the old arena bugs ...
- go to to check that

well more work to do ^^, but on the other hand I am pretty satisfied with the campaingn so far.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Jaume

Post by Jaume »

Heindal wrote:Wow, thanks again for the great bug list
Hehe. Actually there was more than that, but this is all I could remember at the moment. Among the bugs I missed -

o the Worker starts with extra endurance (can chop wood for 5 exhaustion points instead of 10), but he loses this bonus after visiting Capital City (I suspect his endurance is reset when you load a new scenario.)

o when you leave the hidden bandit camp in the desert, you 'magically' end up in Capital City rather than on the desert map, as one would expect. Same thing with the mystery castle on the river map.

o not really a bug, but a missing feature: being the owner of a dwarven small cannon is cool, but it'd be way much cooler if you could feed an [attack_anim] tag to your WEAPONS macro, if only to get the missile halo effect and thunderstick sound. You could easily reuse code from the mainline data/core/units/dwarves/Thunderer.cfg for this, and do the same for your other new weapons - e.g., use a standard fireball halo (or something similar) for the naphta bomb.
Jaume

Post by Jaume »

You might try something like this:

Code: Select all

#define WEAPONS_WITH_ANIM NAME RANGE VARIABLE TYPE DAMAGE STRIKES PRICE PICTUREPATH REQUIREMENT NUMBER ANIMATION

[option]
	message= _ {MENU_IMG_TXT "{PICTUREPATH}" "Buy a {NAME} for {PRICE} ({DAMAGE}/{STRIKES}). Requires {REQUIREMENT} {NUMBER}!"}
	[command]
		[if]
			[variable]
				name={RANGE}
				equals=None
			[/variable]
			[then]
				[if]
					[variable]
						name={REQUIREMENT}
						greater_than_equal_to={NUMBER}
					[/variable]
					[then]
						[if]
							[variable]
								name=gold
								side=1
								greater_than_equal_to={PRICE}
							[/variable]
							[then]
								[message]
									speaker=narrator
									message= _ "Take your {NAME} and go!"
								[/message]
								[gold]
									side=1
									amount=-{PRICE}
								[/gold]
								[object]
									silent=yes
									[effect]
										apply_to=new_attack
										name={NAME}
										description= _"{NAME}"
										icon={PICTUREPATH}
										type={TYPE}
										range={RANGE}
										damage={DAMAGE}
										number={STRIKES}
									[/effect]
# --- added code starts here
									[effect]
										apply_to=new_animation
										[attack_anim]
											[filter_attack]
												name={NAME}
											[/filter_attack]
											{ANIMATION}
										[/attack_anim]
									[/effect]
# --- and that's all
								[/object]
								[set_variable]
									name={RANGE}
									value={VARIABLE}
								[/set_variable]
							[/then]
							[else]
								[message]
									speaker=narrator
									message= _ "You don't have the gold!"
								[/message]
							[/else]
						[/if]
					[/then]
					[else]
						[message]
							speaker=narrator
							message= _ "You don't have enough {REQUIREMENT} to use this weapon!"
						[/message]
					[/else]
				[/if]
			[/then]
			[else]
				[message]
					speaker=narrator
					message= _ "You already wield a weapon of that type. You should sell it first, before getting annother one."
				[/message]
			[/else]
		[/if]
	[/command]
[/option]
Then you can define a macro for your animations (not required, but makes the code easier to read), such as:

#define SMALL_CANNON_ANIM
        [if]
            {MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS}
            hits=no
            sound=thunderstick-miss.ogg
        [/if]
        [else]
            {MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_HIT_SOUTH 0 0}
            direction=s
            sound=thunderstick.ogg
        [/else]
        [else]
            {MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_HIT_DIAG_NORTH 0 20}
            direction=ne,nw
            sound=thunderstick.ogg
        [/else]
        [else]
            {MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_HIT_NORTH 0 20}
            direction=n
            sound=thunderstick.ogg
        [/else]
        [else]
            {MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_HIT_DIAG_SOUTH 0 0}
            direction=se,sw
            sound=thunderstick.ogg
        [/else]
#enddef
This is from the mainline Thunderer.cfg, minus the irrelevant stuff (of course it lacks a set of thief-with-cannon sprites to be complete, but at least the flare and sound are here.)

Then you can use the new macro in your code like this:

{WEAPONS_WITH_ANIM (Small Cannon) ranged (Small Cannon) fire 45 1 1500 attacks/thunderstick.png strength 25 {SMALL_CANNON_ANIM}}
...and voilà! A proud cannon-wielding trader who really spits fire and makes some noise!
Last edited by Jaume on January 7th, 2012, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spartadude

Post by spartadude »

Some more bugs:
Upon exiting the ship, the player keeps the mechanical trait.
Buying new meele weapons is not possible - the game tells me I must sell the weapon I already have.That is not possible - there is no such option.
alluton

Post by alluton »

Could it be possible to allow your charater to move infinitly unless there are no enemyes in certain range. So you dont need to end turn after you have moved.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I thought about infinite turns - the problem about that is, that the speed update would become irrelevant. The more important problem is that achievements and also randomevents are based on turns (next turn).

You can sell weapons! Each weapon that can be bought can be sold as well (for example carpenter district buys all normal melee weapons and slum district all normal range weapons). But one problem is that you have to sell the weapon where you bought them!

To sell an Elven Sword you have to enter the Elven City where you bought it. To sell a small cannon you have to get back to dwarven city and so on. I know that is stupid and I will try to change that, with the next upgrade - damn more work - I almost repaired all the bugs of Jaume.

EDIT: Updated to the version 0.72 for 1.8, 1.9 updated (hopefully bug free - the both versions are almost the same just for remove_item and ship macro)
- betatester path for those people who want to test features or cheat (20.000 gold, 1000 Fame, 25/25 dexterity/strength).

bugfixes:
- ship no longer spawns several times
- repaired the Water Serpent should now spawn (it was an id problem)
- Naphta will be shown as fireball and the Small Cannon looks like a thunderstick-attack
- map changes grotta and trader
- a found Loot Product will now not overload you any more - you leave the object behind when your capacity is full
- HP increase reduced - the Amla seems to mess, as you can influence the hitpoints by achievements and bottles
- Working Capacity Upgrade/ Speed Upgrade in Amla now increases you working cap. by 2!
- diamond mine fixed
- Khalifate units have a changed movetype
- the Elven Sword is now a ranged weapon
- selling Elven wine in taverns should now use the correct icon

additional content:
- buy all and sell all options in trading menu
- All Selling options now always contain a sell all option
- new (selfmade) icons for pickpocket, bread, grain and fish
- skills for cheating (gambling), pickpocketing and bard (also building, carouse, trading, lockpicking - they grow but do nothing so far)
- new options in tavern (pickpocketing and entertain the crowd)
- learn skills option in the refugees camp
- 4 new weapons (fire sword, assassins weapons for melee and range, berserker axe)
- weapons now can have a special ability (based on the trapped shop)
- unique weapons can be sold in any weapon store (some of the normal weapon will follow)
- 20 Randomevents
- Amla Option to upgrade your Capacity

Please note there are no new story content :oops: in this version.

To do List Bugfixes/changes:

- I need to figure out, how to get rid of this mechanical trait - I haven't figured out how to manipulate existing traits - I really tried and tested this several times :cry:
(just important for 1.9.)
- check how the neverending turns can be embedded into the existing game
- Spells/Skills/Armors
- Storyline Chapter II (existing in my head, but not in the game).
- upgrade ship for higher speed
Jaume

Post by Jaume »

Seems that the EXITOPTION definition is gone, as you can't leave shops anymore. Makes further testing rather problematic :lol2:

The only 'bug' I noticed is just a cosmetic oversight: the new buy/sell options don't display {GOOD} in bold, as the previous ones do.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

This CAN'T BE! I will check that asap :hmm:.

Checked in 1.9.7 - everything is ok.
Seems like something happened with 1.8.4 version, I don't know why - because I tested it before!
Repaired and uploaded, but still spooky!
cordeirooo

Post by cordeirooo »

Hi,
I'm playing your RPG-Campaign but I'm stuck in the city. I cannot 'activate' the Return or Sewerage hexes and have no idea how to make my thief better famed.

Any hints?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I still got to check the return and sewerage hexes: I will edit this post later.
Please note that the escape and exit labels are always displayed at the lower end of the hexes, so it might be that it is the hex above.

Edit: Arrrrr - I see. It seems like you got a negative fame by some random event. I used a new map macro, in which the fame/or annother variable needs to be higher than zero when entering a new part. That is of course nonsense :hmm:. The fastest way to gain fame is to donate 100 gp at the refugees, but it is costy, but at least so you can continue your play!

As a thief you are able to break in several places (just look for empty houses aside the road) and pickpocket in the tavern (even though this is hard in the first place you will get a secure income lateron). You can raise your fame by buying the ophants home and work there. On the other hand you can raise your fame by achievements and other stuff/random events for example. Your fame is the same for any path you choose - so there is no difference when choosing annother path.

My plan is that you can lateron exchange fame for abilities, mercs, accessibles and spells. But I still need to code that.
Unfortunately you will just be able to play the first chapter, but the story is ready for the rest of the three parts.
I will work on that after finishing my work on the next update for Five Fates.

Hint: If you want to just discover several things you might also want to "cheat" and take the betatester mode.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

The event that gives you negative fame also happened to me. For being a random event it happened 80% of the time. :?

I also got stuck in the city...
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm sorry for that.

I'm currently working on an update of Strange Legacy, containing the Inventory System and Shield, Armor, Spells ... and so many things more and also this one bugfix. Uploading this prefinished version now, won't work as it is still buggy - it doesn' t work at all :augh:. Also I'm just about to upload 0.23 version of Five Fates, so it will take some time to fix it.

The easiest solution for you is to increase your fame by donating gold to the refugees or to load.

Kind regards

Heindal
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.90 Wesnoth Trading Sim

Post by Heindal »

Version 0.90. One might call it 'much has changed since you last played this addon my friend'.

Finally! After a two week (in freetime) test and debugging I finally finished the version for 1.10.
It should be compatible with 1.8 and 1.9. Its not 100% finished but the 0.90 is a realistic version number.

Changes:

- highly increased performance
- heromenu added - as in five fates - contains an inventory allowing you to equip and unequip your weapons and armorpieces
- armors, shields, shoes (around 10), helmets (around 10), boots (around 10), rings, amulets, instruments, spells
- rightclick spellmenu that allows to summon or cast spells
- spellbook and changed diary
- changed amla path for the main character allowing you to skill: luck, strength, constitution, dexterity, charisma, intelligence, speed of your character
- most of the skills will have a function now (except for smithing - sorry)
- the fame bug should no longer appear
- encounters take place in a new map - the type of encounter and the surrounding is changing due to the terrain
- around 10 random generic mission - from parcel delivery up to taking out fire dragons in the desert (mostly fighting missions)
- mercs can be hired and used within encounters/fights
- some encounters can be avoided by running away, or hiding - these options will just show if you have the necessary stats, to do so.
- 30 Storymission instead of 10, improved the first parts of the story
- shipmacro has been changed - all former bugs should be solved
- shipupgrades and shipequipment menu (allowing you to use repairkits to repair your ship)
- shipencounters
- random events for each map
- randomspawns within dungeons
- fame is now more important - some options will just show, if you have the right fame
- added graphics from http://opengameart.org
- added around 30 selfmade icons for rings, shoes and many more (franks or redraws of existing main art)
- changed library option
- new monsters and enemies
- you will no longer be trapped within a map, due to fame
- enemytowns can be conquered and upgraded. They produce taxes that can be used to either upgrade the towns or to withdraw them for an extra income.
(this still needs to be worked out)

There might be more, I don't remember. It was a hard piece of work with a lot of details.
Please feel free to report bugs and have fun playing.