Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by Heindal »

Some answers:

- Anti-Consumeablist - you should try buying a tent and camping. Your options and mana regeneration increase highly with your wildlifeskill and your options. The Action: Quickcamp allows you to recover mana quickly and without costs.
- Classes even in RPG depend on what you want to do, races such as: Goblins, Trolls and Orcs can learn specific things at trainers in the orcish capital:

- I will block transformed being from buying and getting upgrades. Like this: "Now, what is this!? Shoo! Shoo!"
At least for taverns / temples that is not such a big problem.
- I also like to find glitches, but at the moment I lack the time for a full scale tests, which is however not possible for single person in their spare-time.

Glitches:
Spoiler:
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Mawmoocn

Post by Mawmoocn »

Heindal wrote: April 28th, 2019, 12:20 pm The Action: Quickcamp allows you to recover mana quickly and without costs.
I remember that it doesn’t recover mana, I’ll play the updated version soon to check things out.
Heindal wrote: April 28th, 2019, 12:20 pm - Classes even in RPG depend on what you want to do, races such as: Goblins, Trolls and Orcs can learn specific things at trainers in the orcish capital:
Spoiler:
Heindal wrote: April 28th, 2019, 12:20 pm - I will block transformed being from buying and getting upgrades. Like this: "Now, what is this!? Shoo! Shoo!"
At least for taverns / temples that is not such a big problem.
Darksider and lightsider npc acting like that would be really funny :lol: ! Some npc wouldn’t make sense for them to say those. For example, a lightsider/temple npc saying that to a transformed angel is like .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :whistle: :eng: well let’s just say they might get "fired" soon...

I think it isn’t limited to taverns and temples, trainers should be affected as well and some npc. You could just block npc interaction when transformed.

I would try find ways to "exploit" your fix :lol: , no worries I’ll report any findings about transformation besides other things.
Heindal wrote: April 28th, 2019, 12:20 pm - I also like to find glitches, but at the moment I lack the time for a full scale tests, which is however not possible for single person in their spare-time.
Full scale tests? I don’t do that, well I could try to find glitches on my free time. I seem to have a talent in it.

I try to think out of the box and the potential for some feature/s to grow. Also known as exploiting :lol: .
Spoiler:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Nah, I mean, I have to run full scale test, I'm the developer after all and at the moment I'm crowd-sourcing the finding of bugs to you and all the other players. And it works fine :twisted: :P :oops:.

Of course I test a lot, but you can not foresee everything that players do, but I like the sandbox feeling of games and want to give players as much opportunities and thinks to discover as I can as single free-time developer. By the way I work on this alone *flourish* (or badaboombish as they say in US, no they don't - just another joke).
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
OTna

Post by OTna »

I am on chapter II, mission 6 and I can't progress at all. I have already got the permit to sail the Open Sea, as well as a ship. But when I visited the 2 merfolk towns, nothing happened (I even tried talking to the merman near the top-left merfolk town, which didn't work)
I fear that either I am missing something or this could be a bug. Could you check on this? My character only has 2 points in charm and 1 luck, just in case those stats have something to do with this.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Spoiler:
Hi Heindal,
I am big fan of your addons Strange Legacy, and have spent a lot of time playing it. So thank you a lot.

And I felt the need to tell my mind about this crafting means easy money issue.
I don´t think that it is good to nerf it. Nowdays there are a lot of things, which cost normal amount of money (weapons, clothes,...) and those which cost insanely much (castle, pernament atributte elixires).

And the only possibilities how to get a lot of them is via taxes in orcish towns, and via massproducing crafting items. Both of those ways require a lot of clicking and not enough of fun.

On the other hand as a bounty hunter killing all those monster nest, the amount of my reward is riddiculus. I will get more money for one diamond amulet.
So how about instead of nerfing money for crafting, how about possibility to get more money for bounty hunting mission?
It makes sense to do those missions for money just in the beginning, but you would not use this way to make money for a castle...
Mawmoocn

Post by Mawmoocn »

toannghe1997 wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:00 pm I am on chapter II, mission 6 and I can't progress at all. I have already got the permit to sail the Open Sea, as well as a ship.
Have you paid your taxes yet? Probably the issue on why you can't enter open sea.
Delicius169 wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:36 pm And the only possibilities how to get a lot of them is via taxes in orcish towns, and via massproducing crafting items. Both of those ways require a lot of clicking and not enough of fun.
I think you only earn experience for crafting, when you're not at that level.

There are other opportunities to earn money at a different way :wink:, you can probably be a bard, or serve customers at some tavern.

You could also sell loot if you're lucky.
Delicius169 wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:36 pm I will get more money for one diamond amulet.
If you want the quickest way to earn money... In my experience, it isn't fun... that's why I suggested nerfing the sell price of that ring.

Selling diamonds could give you 25000 gold per piece. That's why I guess it should be adjusted.

Well depends on your play style I guess :D
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi everybody,

thanks for your replies. Currently I'm already working on a new version, but can hardly find time in my free-time to continue the work or most important to test what I coded.

@toannghe1997 You will have to move your ship on the spot "Open Sea". Than you will be transported to a new worldmap. *dun dun dun*
Spoiler:

There are a lot of ways to make a fortune and trading is probably one of the best. The diamond-mine is probably the best building, but if you carry diamonds you will attract bandits with a high chance. By upgrading building you will be able to buy "workers" which will produce goods in your buildings every turn you move.

The trick with bounty hunter missions is to:
Spoiler:
Future version: While reactions on transformed beings trying to trade and additional ways of haggling and two new missions have been coded, I haven't tested them yet. Hunting ghost's and scarecrows, which will be unlocked, as soon as you finished the scarecrows / haunted villa missions. Once played you will not be able to repeat the story "scarecrow" and "haunted villa missions", but there will be a way to reset the progress and to start from the beginning.

I will probably not nerf the crafting, but will reduce the amount of experience you can make with it. I will probably increase the reward for crafting an item, but will only give this bonus once. I will add a feature that will allow you to sell goods in your buildings from afar without having a castle. Hopefully I will fix some smaller bugs on the way and will allow players to add an own overlay for their designed weapons / armors.
OTna

Post by OTna »

@Heindal yes, I tried that and it worked! Although, I would suggest making the mission's description clearer. You should give the specific cordination (the opean sea) instead of putting "go see the merfolk" since there are 2 merfolk towns in the first map, which is confusing.
I have managed to conquer all the orc towns and it cracked me up so much when the characters stated how hard it was to fight an orc town head-on. It was also funny how, when I earned hundreds of thousands slaughtering bandit camps, my character still talked as if he was just some fragile merchant that would die in one hit.
Nice job with this campaign, I enjoyed it a lot! Can't wait to play other works from you!

Final note: charming the fast-moving goblin scout, then use him to spot the orc leader and one-hit him with a high level spell made the conquering a breeze. This is because magic was supposed to be OP in this campaign and not because I exploited the combat mechanic too much, right? Some other things, like constantly consuming herbs+weeds also made me literally unkillable (especially when the natural defense of my char was so high that I could no longer consider him to be a mere merchant)
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I dont have a computer with my save game with me, so I cant look at it, but i had around 20 lvl, and charisma around 30 ,and got about 7000-9000 gold as a bonus reward with the main reward- I dont know 30 000 max?. It seemed to be more simply just to make some diamond amulets.
I also had a diamond mine and used it from time to time, but mostly I made a lot of money with diamond amulets and taxes (I had around 50 000 gold per move). I was trying to get all the atributes on 30 before investing any skill point to get them, so I needed a lot of money.
Unfortunately I never found quest to kill cultist.....
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@toannghe1997 giving the player as much freedom as possible, makes it hard to predict, when they reach a certain spot or quest in the game. So I decided to make the character react on situations as he would normally do without much grinding.

As in every roleplay game, there are situations where you can't do much. For example you could never defeat a god, break a curse or win against a overwhelming number of enemies. However I still find it hard to make that actually happen in combat. I've already given high level characters in higher level the weapon special of hitchance, which means your high defence is worthless, I've given spell immunity to bosses or special spells / abilities that do insta-kills (black mamba, medusa e.g.).

However, when fighting a orc army that sometimes works, as I've added cursing npcs, which reduce your damage output. There is still much to discover. I wonder if you ever designed your own spells, weapons, armor or equipment?

Delicius169 30,000 on top of a simple bandit kill mission is still a lot of gold, compared with the reward for a letter delivery or trading mission. I admit that I have to add some cool missions for bounty hunters, which are worth it. I had hoped that the level 4 monster nests would be worth it, after all you can find rare materials there and can sell them on the black market or the royal hunter society. The cultist mission is given in the temple once your fame is high enough, same about the assassination mission which are available as soon as your fame is negative enough ;).
Mawmoocn

Post by Mawmoocn »

Greetings,

I haven’t finished playing Strange Legacy on the newer Wesnoth.
I found some new glitches and haven’t tested past glitch reports, for the latest version.

Glitches
1. Rebuild Hero grants unlimited amount of mana.

2. Stat increase equip-able item equipment doesn’t increase these stats: Charisma, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Luck, Strength, Mana.

Past version of Strange Legacy item stats I played, works though.

3. If your competitor decides to raid you(event), and you choose to fight while entering enter capital city, your game would immediately end. Lua error <end_level> something appeared before entering capital city. Ah, I also have 1600 gold when that happened.

4. Dark Pact: Dexterity +1, -5hp / +5000 Fame, if you have enough fame, it can be used even with 1 hp left on your character.

If adjusted to 2 hp minimum, you probably need to take into account items that increase HP and transformation, as a potential problem to fix.

Well there could be more glitches to be found, I haven’t completed playing and lack time to so.

Sorry for adding more glitches on your plate :lol:.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks again, I was already aware of some of these glitches, but haven't found the time to fix them yet.
ezegyfa

Post by ezegyfa »

Hi!

I very like this mod but when I use anvil to smith, after 3-4 item it doesn't consume materials and I can create any recipe anytime free. I tried to load an earlier save and restart the game but doesn't work. Any idea what can I do?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi ezegyfa,

thanks for playing. Well this shouldn't happen. The only reason I know, that you can not load saved games, when the game has set a wrong variable id with a space for example: like "Paladin´s Sword" or "Troll Armor". But I've changed that and in the actual versions Strange Legacy 1.16+ on Battle for Wesnoth 1.4. it shouldn't happen.

For crafting I've used a macro which works like a function and should therefore always work. The only way to fix it, is to get rid of the above variable in your save game. You can try it yourself or upload your save game here, so I can review it.

Kind regards

Heindal
ezegyfa

Post by ezegyfa »

Thanks for reply. Can you check my save? I use wesnoth 1.14 and the latest strange legacy. I tried to use wenoth 1.4 but I can't download the addon becouse get error remote host disconnected. I checked the save but I didn't finded any id with space. All time is woodpieces and ironpieces.
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader Kör 1.gz
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 353 times