Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

profyverya

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by profyverya »

Снимок экрана от 2018-07-18 11-17-46.png
I bribed 10% of my gold to enemies and I see this:
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Bug:
1) I used dark temple to teleport to the river
2) I set on board of the ship
3) I travelled to mainland and teleported to the harborcity.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Снимок экрана от 2018-07-18 15-41-20.png
Bug in firearrow. I tried to hurt the unit on the "leave" label.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Now, I have an army of firearrows :D :lol: 8)
Снимок экрана от 2018-07-18 15-44-18.png
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

Bug in Piratenest. There is nothing to do in that place. My fame is -110000.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for the bugs. I'm changing the x,y variables of the target to avoid the firearrow to walk around the target but hit it straight.
This causes the bug. *gnarf* never change a running system.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Dornteufel

Post by Dornteufel »

Hey Heindal,

I have a new list of bugs for you. To make it easier to read I put them into categories:

Unit behaviour
The sea monster came out of its Grotta and charged right at me. I don't remember it doing that in earlier versions. But maybe you changed it. Makes the strange wall kind of obsolete if you ask me.
When you are wanted, all of the people in Harbor City will come at you. The ones in Capital City just wait.

Wrong Item descriptions
Description of Dimensionrift at Island City Trader says 5 Mana. In reality it’s 10.
Number of strikes for Scimitar in Desert City Trader description is wrong
Apprenticecloak in Harbour City: Movement: -0, when real penalty is at 1

Spelling mistakes
Gossip 1: Guest: Thats probably one of the reasons
Gossip 35: Adventurer: One type of wolf, which is apparently their leader
Description of desert: golden opportunity for a bounty hunter

Other stuff
Sewers Level 2 Teleport Trap on 7,58 sent me to a position surrounded by deep water
Lua error when entering a Flies-Monsternest (Level 1)
Sewer first level – Image of New Rat is missing
I couldn’t set up a quick camp in dungeon. Whole bunch of lua error messages

Ideas
Currently monster nests can spawn on buildings. It would be cool to have a special event for that occasion, Although maybe not for all building.
Put fog of war in sewers. To see the whole enemy movement gets annoying and it adds to the effect of not knowing what is coming.
Rotten Roaster spits out secret stashs/dungeons sometimes. That would make it less useless. Maybe every turn there is a #people working there%-chance, that a secret can be found there. Of course these can't be stored there. There is always one or none.

Sorry for the broken English. I took notes when I played and now I'm to lazy to make proper sentences out of them. Last but not least: What is the strange area in the upper right corner of sewer level 2? I never figured it out.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hey Dornteufel,

thanks. Your English is fine.

I can fix these things easily. I will just refer to the rest:

Capital city behavior happens due to a new interpretation of the code in BoW 1.14. I have fixed it for all cities. The strange wall in the grotta is to take a shortcut and to get the goodies stored in the stash of the sea-monster and the roots you are looking for.

The Rotten Roaster is a nice building with many upgrades, such as free resting and giving a constant gold bonus each time you move on worldmaps. It's necessary in case you have dues to pay and therefore a negative income. As you will no longer lose the game, when reaching 0 gold it's indeed not mandatory. Maybe it could spawns guest with random missions as in gossiping.

The strange area north of the sewer is hiding a secret stash. Furthermore I made it to look nice and spawn monsters.
I always believed I already added fog to this scenario? Got to check. Now it has fog.

Nest spawn ideas - hard to realize at least based on my approach how to place them. You need to check if the variable is the same (for each potential village/tavern,temple,city) and than make a mission based on each type of building. I've already added to random events where either temples or taverns are attacked. I will add a village siege as well, as well as a missions to clear that. So I already have maps / scenarios for temples and taverns but making these additional missions / scenarios takes a lot of time, for something that 1% of the player will ever use/see. I mean most people don't know that there is doghut where you can breed your own 'merc' animals (rhino not added).

Teleport traps could theoretically teleport you anywhere - also within a wall. I liked the idea of a potential fatal, but not deadly trap.
Fleescrolls are cheap enough to escape these things, as well as loading.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

So much about the work of the weekend:
smithingownweapons.png
craftownspells.png
I wonder if you would like to give your own spells individual spell sounds and missile-types or is this too much?
If so I can add this. On the other hand I still have to think about costs and balancing of complexity.
Dornteufel

Post by Dornteufel »

My bed says it would cure weakness, but I'm still weak. Am I using it wrong? ;) (I figured it out now. The description of the bed without the fountain is wrong.)

I knew that you can break the wall in the grotta. But the sea monster came out and reached me before I could reach the strange wall, which kind of makes it obsolete. But maybe you didn't plan the five turns I spent missing a tentacle.

The fame display at Merfolk capital isn't working. I delivered iron twice and it said that my fame is now 2900-something. However they still won't support me as my fame isn't over 2000.

The new spell and weapon system looks really interesting. I don't care about the missile-types and the sound but more about the balancing. However I think that there are people that would enjoy customizing their own stuff.

The feat "Mechanical" isn't working properly. I still get poisoned all the time.

Edit: It should probably say "Drink waterbottle" not "Eat waterbottle" in my consumables, right?
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

I'd like to translate your campaign to Russian. How can I do it?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

profyverya: Considering the pirate bay - that's one of those secrets - you need a mission to get into the pirate bay.

Translation to Russian - I don't thinks its possible. This is not a normal campaign as many parts and macros are written in english. I always wanted to translate this to German, my native tongue, but the only possible way seems to copy the campaign and overwork all texts and macros into the new language. This will be a lot of work, especially as the version for 1.14 is unfortunately not totally bug-free yet. Trust me you don't want that.

Mechanical never worked as intended concerning the description - instead you will be able to summon a special unit while wielding an armor that grant's mechanical.
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

But if I will do it, will you include my translation into campaign?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

it is actually possible to translate a campaign with .po files (I'm not too familiar with this, but I think there are guides for it somewhere on the forums/wiki), but given the size of the campaign, it would require a ridiculous amount of work.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

ForestDragon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:51 am it is actually possible to translate a campaign with .po files (I'm not too familiar with this, but I think there are guides for it somewhere on the forums/wiki)
There's one stickied in this forum, even :P
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code