Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.100 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

You can get rid of exhaustment by either healing in a temple, sleeping in a tavern, sleeping in a bed or eating.

I should make an online or ingame faq - maybe a book lying on a table in the uncles place.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I now need 24 exp to level up, and I have one Spearman Mercenary. At this point this add-on seems otherwise good but too slow. Tip: if you think this add-on runs too slowly, maybe you like to read news, plan your own add-on or do something other while you wait.
There are very much electrochemical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Good point, but if you have never created an addon with that complexity so you shouldn't judge so easily.

For instance, while creating and changing an object or an array is an easy task in JavaScript, it is imho not so easy in WML and would require Lua knowledge. I've tested the game at its actual state myself and finished the game several times, never getting any issues about being to slow. It has its performance problems, but it is not a standard campaign, which can be pulled off in one or two days of coding.

Cynical comments like yours demotivate me to work on this freetime project any more, while having a reallife with more important issues.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I didn't come to think of you feeling bad after reading my comment. I'm still surprised at you feeling bad. :hmm: In other words, it was unintentional. :( I hope that helps.

Edit: I removed my signature as it's inappropriate in this situation.
Jabie

Post by Jabie »

Heindal wrote:Good point, but if you have never created an addon with that complexity so you shouldn't judge so easily.

For instance, while creating and changing an object or an array is an easy task in JavaScript, it is imho not so easy in WML and would require Lua knowledge. I've tested the game at its actual state myself and finished the game several times, never getting any issues about being to slow. It has its performance problems, but it is not a standard campaign, which can be pulled off in one or two days of coding.

Cynical comments like yours demotivate me to work on this freetime project any more, while having a reallife with more important issues.
FWIW, what I've played of Strange Legacvy was pretty enjoyable. A nice freeform RPG using the Wesnoth mechanics.
orian34

Post by orian34 »

I finished the campaign(2 of the endings in the same save), don't know if there is other special endings...
Anyway, i loved it!
Few points : After rebuilding the frost village, well i couldn't access it...and it was still wip(by the way, you can get to the undamaged town at any moment with a big teleportation scroll).
Every character was balanced by after some time, in the random dungeons, it was easy to find a massive amount of 80% all-resistance monsters...at 97%...awfull, should i use more magic or there is a problem?
And last point : Is there some quicker ways(tricks) to accelerate the construction of the bridge than doing endless travels between stonecutter and the bridge until you get the 10000 stones?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@ Spirit_of_Currents I'm sorry, I think I've overreacted.

Nevertheless I really lack the time and have received kind of 4 pages with bugreports for SL which needs to be fixed. I've already changed the architecture in a way to get increase the overall game performance, but still lack the ability to write and adress it with a lua function (which could be done maybe in two-three hours or a month). This is frustrating as well as my current situation.

@ the others Thanks for the flowers.
And unfortunately there is no easier way to deliver the stones. It should represent a real challenge for players. This can be annoying, I just wanted to force the player to be ready for the new challenges. I've planned to increase the number of delivered stones by the amount of the building skill, but that would again require some thinking about balancing so I've not implented it.
cbert

Post by cbert »

I am really enjoying this, but having a little trouble:

1. Can't seem to enter into the north, the high seas, the river, or the desert - is there a trick to it?

2. Early in the game the Elves shut down their city & can't figure out how to change that
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Glad you liked it.

Conflicts such as the war between Elves and Humans will solve itself after a while. It is however tied to a specific random event so it can take it's time.

But there are several ways to get rid of the guards, by either using spells or teleportaway scrolls.
In some cases this is a strategy to gain access to other treasures and secrets.

The access to the north is granted by the storyline. You have to follow the storymissions and than you will receive the option to "unlock" other parts of the world.

Kind regards

Heindal
cbert

Post by cbert »

Thank you! :)
Lich_Lord

Post by Lich_Lord »

Hi I just started Strange Legacy yesterday and am enjoying it. Currently I am stuck on the questline. I got summoned by a fencer to go to the City Hall in the Capital City to discuss outstanding taxes I have. Where is the City Hall? In the Capital City I see 4 districts: slums, refugees, traders, and temple, plus the middle area which is impassible.

Edit: I replayed from a save and saw that the fencer said the City Hall was in the trader district. I'll have to read the dialogue more carefully next time!
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well, as I'm currently working on annother bugfix and a FAQ I will quickly add this.
Thanks for playing and the nice comment.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Spoiler:
Amazing dedication btw :) could easily become its own game, ive felt the vibe coming from it.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for the flowers Eagle.
Spoiler:
Lich_Lord

Post by Lich_Lord »

One other thing I've noticed while I've been working through the campaign that seems like it might be a bug (or just me not understanding it) is the upgrades for ships. I got my first ship now and when I buy HP or moves for it all goes well. But when I buy ballista or repair kits I don't see any change in my ship's stats and no option to use what I bought when I right click on my ship. Seems like the upgrades just went to waste. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to mention is that when I leveled my constitution skill through potions in the capital, my exhaustment did not increase. Is this a bug?