Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ArKFallen

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.100 RPG World - finished

Post by ArKFallen »

Found some time to play this some more and encountered 4 things that might be bugs. Though I don't consider the second one important.
  • In the fight before Grey one of my Angels got hit by an attack with the special "Critical" and suffered no extra damage or death.
  • In the fight with Grey if you pull out a merc before he attacks and then finish your turn, if he goes to attack the merc the cut scene runs, and then he does the actual attack when it's done. When he hit my spearman and I hit the wall I was scared.
  • In the fight with Grey I never noticed knockback from his attacks.
  • After giving the North Ruins the 200 wood and stone required, it fires the dialogue, gives the achievement, and does nothing else. It stays a ruin and further on visits they ask for stone and wood to rebuild without any option for donation :lol:
    If this isn't intentional maybe flip wintercitydestroyed when they dialog runs. That way when you leave and come back it is rebuilt.
Good news is that Curse and Illness work and boy are they nasty. :whistle: Cursed angels become absolutely useless for damage and illness can lead to your death if you have the berserk special on.

Edit-------
Also Bloodlust doesn't do anything.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi,

thanks again for your bugreports.

1) Critical should work, I feel like I've tested that a hundred times. Maybe it doesn't effect summoned beings. Or angels are obivously immune to death ;).
2) Yeah, that is a litte bit tricky ... but as it is important for the storyline John has to be crushed to the wall ;).
3) The knockback special is a little bit buggy - it tends to work when the attacked unit is to the south of the attacker.
4) Hm, could it be that you have to leave the North before it works, to give them time to finish the building.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

After giving the North Ruins the 200 wood and stone required, it fires the dialogue, gives the achievement, and does nothing else. It stays a ruin and further on visits they ask for stone and wood to rebuild without any option for donation :lol:
It worked everytime by me :hmm:
ArKFallen

Post by ArKFallen »

Masterchief40k wrote:
After giving the North Ruins the 200 wood and stone required, it fires the dialogue, gives the achievement, and does nothing else. It stays a ruin and further on visits they ask for stone and wood to rebuild without any option for donation :lol:
It worked everytime by me :hmm:
I'm also playing only on 1.11.16 (public dev version?) so if you are on stable that might be it (I didn't mention that did I :doh:).

According to game log some of your code's format won't be supported in 1.12 (depreciated format), though it currently still works (the elvish sword's perfection ability is a perfect example). I'll probably download 1.11.17 to stroll through the campaign to see if anything breaks, if nothing does I might move into it.

Edit: Uhhh! I really need to read better this is for version 1.11.13 and I'm 3 versions removed. Shame :oops:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

It is hard for me to really support all the Versions of 1.11., but by creating a 11. compatible version, I've also managed to find and work out some bugs.
Can't say if every weaponsspecials works in later 11 versions, as I've started to code this game in version 1.9. I will see if the source code with the Northern Capital has some issues concerning the new version ^^.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Krellja

Post by Krellja »

Great add on. Thank you!

Some minor things I found in the first hours of playing (Version 1.103.0, BfW 1.11.17)
  • Ship stuff
    • After embarking the ship, I was wonderng, how to get back the the land. The writing "Land Ship" was initialli not there. It became visible after an encounter.
    • The ship-upgrades do not grow more expensive. So it is possible to build a very fast and strong ship for a relativly small amount of money. Is there any limit to this?
    • How is it possible to reach the "Hero menue" when on a ship?
  • The Craftsman Shop in the Capitall: Paladins shield: The description says "No speed penalty". When equipped the Paladins Shield gives a speed penalty of 1.
  • The donations option in the small temples vanished after two donations. Bug or feature?
Edit: One more
  • Started a new game as a trader. Was somewhat surprised, that I lost the game for running out of money: Bougt the fisherhut for exactly all my money. So, after leaving the hut, I lost for lack of money. Yes, no money left, but the itention was to pruduce fish, to make new money.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for playing Krellja.

The ship thingy is still a little complicated as the game was usually concepted as turn based and hadn't infinite turns. So when ending a turn, the labels will show.

Ship Upgrades are infinite and you can easily upgrade a ship with a massive power, but this is also recommended as some battles with the ship turned out to be rather hard. Maybe I will add Skirmisher to the ship to make it easier to escape.

You should be able to reach the heromenu by rightclicking on the ship, but I've recently made a change.

Paladin Shield will be fixed.

Donations are not available if you have reached 1000 fame.

Yeah, you will loose the game when you are out of money, you will however not loose the game, when you have at least one good on your cart.

So far, thanks for your comments ^^.
Krellja

Post by Krellja »

Two more minor issues
  • Thunderstorm spell: The description says center damage 50, area 25. The spell seams to make 50 area damage to.
  • Some of the treasure-pictures (the coins) don't go away after finding the tresures. The are all located in non-open-ground. They are even still there after starting BfW new.
  • This maybe is a feature: There is no experience for killing an enemy by spells.?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Ok, what a nice damage. Need to change the thunderspell damage than.

Yeah, the spell kills shouldn't give experience, it would make spells too powerful.

Thanks for the reports ^^.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

My Sorry of the day goes to Phillip, who've sent me an enourmous bugreports I've just seen. I was a little bit distracted by, well, creating an app project and learning for a microsoft exam. I've finished all the stuff and now I may have some good news for you:

I've created a small trading game for Windows and Android Appstore. Using HTML5 and Javascript I've called it "Strange Legacy JS" and "Strange Legacy JS Mobile". It is a really simple trading game without rpg elements and it require strategic thinking to beat the highscores. But at least I've created an responsive design and ui without even using jQuery Mobile - eat that(!) jQuery Mobile! - so it should work on any device, smartphone, browser and whatever. And the best of all news - it's in German :lol:!

There will be a multilingual version later ;).

Windows 8 Version: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/de-de ... 96b3122bfe

Windows Phone Version: http://www.windowsphone.com/de-de/store ... 403f500bd5

Android Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .www&hl=de

The app is of course free and I haven't added nasty things such as inapp purchases.
Have fun.
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

Hi. Just stated playing this, unfortunately there seems to be a few bugs after being ported to 1.12.

Right now, I've noticed the stairs in Uncle's Home not working, and gold not carrying over between scenarios.

This is a really awesome campaign, so I hope to be able to play this some time XD
ArKFallen

Post by ArKFallen »

Computer_Player wrote:Hi. Just stated playing this, unfortunately there seems to be a few bugs after being ported to 1.12.
Heindal wrote:Wesnoth Version: 1.10.7; 11.13
From the OP.
I made the same mistake in 11.16 so don't feel too foolish if you aren't using v11.13.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Excactly, but I will see how the game behaves in 1.12.0.

I don't know what changes have been done from 1.11.13 to 1.11.16 to make the code work the way it does.
It is impossible to test the game all over, after each published version - and 1.11 wasn't the stable version.
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.104 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

Updated addon to Version 1.104

for Wesnoth Versions 10.7 and 12.0

bugfixes:

- Thunderstorm and other Areaspells without effect will now cause the correct area damage
- Paladins Shield Description fixed
- entering the Graveyard will no longer increase the gold to 100, if below
- Lesser summoning works now, as well as the missile attacks of enemies
- achievements will no longer take place, when on a ship, after leaving the ship the achievements will be given
- the protagonists ship now has skirmisher, allowing to flee from battle - making the shipbattles slightly easier
- description of trading missions changed - hint to buy goods in the first gooddelivery missions
- when "Set sails" you will have to end the turn when on the ship (to set the sails), than your ship receives full movement - this will then show the places to land
I'd advise to use the shortcut "ctrl + space" to end the turn

Final words. I so far tested it in 12.0 on a Windows System and it worked fine. Gold is taken over to other scenarios, macros and spells seem to work.
Unfortunately I did not played till the very end (takes hours even on betatester :(). I can't say what has caused the problems that were reported on Version 11.6, maybe it is an OS related problem.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I became exhausted and didn't remember how to get rid of it so I returned to Uncles Place to read the beginning texts again. It was annoying to see that the texts had disappeared. I will have to restart and make notes about all important beginning texts. I think it's a bit bad, but only a bit because making notes is nearly essential to be able to trade and get more money.
There are very much electrochemical currents in my brain.