Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Masterchief40k

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.100 RPG World - finished

Post by Masterchief40k »

@Heindal if it sounds like that i dont wanna say how you have to do it i`m just asking if it could work that way couse i "use" it to get a feeling how WML works I know your skills are at least 5000% of mine :P
In wich location are the random event stuff stored?
-I think i found it in scenarios.
Last edited by Masterchief40k on August 19th, 2014, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

Dirtshifter wrote: How often does the trade reset?
seems like its a chance of about 5% if randomevent (not encounter) appears and by "season spring" theres an market reset.
all seasons I know now
Last edited by Masterchief40k on August 20th, 2014, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

There is just a low chance for a seasons change. When implenting it, I set the chance to 100% per turn and it worked fine. Market reset should encounter often, but as it is a global event, it might take some time.

As the dynamic market and the resets are a relatively new feature, it might be that they just fire in the mainland.
I will recheck this, the other bugs and the trading bug tomorrow.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

Is it wanted that you can transform yourself on worldmap/enter worldmap beeing transformed - thanks to the flying ability of the Angelform it gets needless to buy a Ship?
While being transformed you can buy spells and like that the summoned forms can use spells, too.
Is it wanted that you can teleport and use Warhorns and change terrain on worldmap? Also giving possibility to enter places easier.
The random Event in capital city (mainland) he askes you for some money you can give (0);1 or 10 coins with some points in luck he comes relatively often and after about 3 times you can have about 1 000 000 000 fame thats makes it far too easy dont you think ,too?
same with the Diamondmine the three buildings at one point and at least 1100 coins for 1 and upgraded to 5 from the beginning maybe too much (easy)
I`m now pretty far in that game for the 3rd time i`m really enjoying it with all the random stuff and the infinities but a few things like them are making everything else in the game look unprofitable.
I cant wait to play it in a further version!!!
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

I forgot one thing:
I`ve got the ability bare skin and eqipped it then I got the upgrade of it and now I cant uneqip it again!
fail
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

the berserkgangur (berserkhero) transformation is invisible
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

It is wanted that you can enter and acess stores in transformed state. However buying spells as transformed being is not recommended as it fades away when you transform to your real self. When you can buy an Angel Form (cost several thousand) you proably have a ship (cost 500).

The randomevent in capital city should give you just a few fame points and the chance for this event is low and not increased by luck.
The Diamond mine is strong indeed. Therefore I added the bandit raids, so when carrying diamonds you have a high chance to be stolen.

In the older version the diamond prices could fall without limit, making diamond trading obsolete at some point in the game.
Balancing however takes time and I need time to do that. And at the moment I don't have it.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

Thats good
Well now I`ve made a big mistake : beeing transformed I`ve transformed and now I can only transform back into the last transformed beeing :roll:
I must try everything `till I`ve got a problem :whistle:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well, thats a super for testing :D. However I don't know how to solve the problem now, you can't undo the transformation.
Only thing I can do is to block shops, when being transformed.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Version 1.103 - uploaded some bugfixes concerning:

- abort trade missions will no longer change the space - therefore you will need to throw away goods when aborting a goodstransport mission
- you are now able to throw away all goods of a kind
- entering and leaving swamp dungeons with a ship is now possible
- random dungeons on the sea (also known as grottas) can be left and explored by ship
- transformed creatures can no longer cast transformspells and can not enter the inventory
- dragon/mithril will no longer appear as goods in random treasures
ElvishThunderer

Post by ElvishThunderer »

Hello Heindal, first of all, I want to thank you for making such an awesome add-on. This add-on is one of my favorites due to the dynamic world and tons of things to do. :D

I don't know if either of these things have already been said and if they have I apologize for wasting your time. I tried to look through this thread to see if it was already stated, but I gave up after a while because there were too many pages. :P So here are the two things I've noticed as of now (I didn't take screenshots, but if I can replicate them again I can post the screenshots here):
Spoiler:
That is all I have for right now. I'm not very far into the game yet, but I'm already loving it. Thanks again, and I apologize again if these issues were already brought up. :)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Heyda Elvish Thunderer,

thanks for your nice feedback ^^.

Concerning your discoveries:
Spoiler:
ElvishThunderer

Post by ElvishThunderer »

Yeah, the cart thing wasn't major, I just thought I should bring it up to let you know about it. ;) Okay, the buildings during the flood makes sense, I just haven't gotten that far yet to get that spell.

The additional NPCs would be very cool indeed. But thanks for your reply, and I'm going to continue playing your awesome campaign and get back to you if I find anything else. ^_^
ArKFallen

Post by ArKFallen »

This is a good add-on and it caters to my favorite campaign playstyle: blind runs. Currently on Ch2, Easy after starting on the Worker path. The mercenary system is really neat even if a little difficult to get the hang of (especially after mainline).

I've noticed 3 instances of gameplay weirdness so far (is negative gold supposed to be game over? I went below 0 but the game kept going):
1. Entering and exiting the graveyard set my gold to 100 (it was 7). Seems kind of abusable in the early game.
2. In the sewers the boss rat's melee attack specials didn't actually do anything. Kind of disappointing as those two specials sounded like they were supposed to be a big deal.
3. I was ambushed in the north due to my weapon stock, and an Orcish ruler cast lesser summoning. Nothing appeared. I killed the patrol and finished my business in the north. Later went into the south where I noticed a 'Summoned Entity' Giant Scorpion in my recall list. I have no summon spells.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi ArkFallen,

thanks for the feedback and the bugreports.

1) Seems I haven't fixed that one, will fix it. It is not meant to have negative gold. But as long as you carry goods, you cant loose the game by just having 0 or negative gold. This is to prevent players to be defeated easily by negative events: Imagine you bought 5 goods, which can be sold with a high profit and you get a negative event that reduces your gold - this shouldnt end the game.
2) Hm, the attacks are indeed mean and they should cause some negative effects. Infect should give you an ability called "infected", which reduces your damage output. This is mean lateron, but also hard to recognize as it is not shown with Animation like poison, wounded or venom. It was meant to stack with other negative states, but so far it doesn't - fortunately for the players.
3) Yeah, that one. Still don't know what causes this problem, got to look into it. But the hint with Giant Scorpions might be the clue I've waited for ^^.

I will see if I can fix these bugfixes with the next update.