The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.8 Released!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pewskeepski

Re: The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.5 Released!

Post by Pewskeepski »

Version 1.0.6 has been uploaded. This release removes the macros neccessary to make the fourth difficulty work due to them being added to the mainline util files. This means the campaign now only works on Wesnoth 1.9.10 or higher!

Changes:
* Campaign:
  • * Removed 4th difficulty macros from campaign's util file.
* The Beginning of the End:
  • * Stopped allied leaders from sharing their keep with Alitar.
* Taking Them to the Skies:
  • * Fixed an invalid text bug.
* Heroes Burden:
  • * Fixed spelling error.
"Everything is better with penguins."
Creator of Burning Souls, The Fall of Wesnoth (abandoned) and Adventures of Knighthood (now available on BfW 1.15!)
taptap

Re: The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.6 Released!

Post by taptap »

However, it crashed shortly after the dark adept talked with the lord in 1.9.11 :(
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong, but I simply don't have a clue. It works fine on 1.9.10, which means the problem is with the new development version. I looked in the 1.9.11 changelog to see if anything changed that would harm the campaign's playability, but couldn't find anything.
Creator of Burning Souls, The Fall of Wesnoth (abandoned) and Adventures of Knighthood (now available on BfW 1.15!)
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

Just tried the campaign on Wesnoth 1.9.12 and it works fine. It was a problem with the game. So, just for the record, this campaign will not work on Wesnoth 1.9.11!
Pewskeepski

Re: The Fall of Wesnoth - Version 1.0.7 Released!

Post by Pewskeepski »

Hi, long time no see; Been hard at work on Part 2, but still worked on Part 1 again enough to release Version 1.0.7.

Changes:
* Campaign:
  • * UMC Music is now inside the campaigns repository.
* The Beginning of the End:
  • * Fixed a bug causing the placement of a vampire.
I'm facing a dilemma though... I'm starting to have second thoughts about what might be the best way to balance the transition from Part 1 to Part 2. Currently, if you play Part 1, you have a huge army, so if you play Part 2 without completing it's prequel, you'll find yourself very outnumbered. How do other campaigns handle this sort of thing? I'm not sure what I want to do.
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

...Really?

Evidently, no one understood my problem so I will repeat myself; What campaigns are split into two parts, and how do those campaigns go about balancing the transition from part 1 to part 2 so it's even (regardless of whether or not the player plays through part 1 first or not)?
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

How about an option to let players choose whether they want to use their previous army or a predefined sufficiently strong one?
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

playing on 1.9.10 here, and so far I think this is a really great game, though I noted a few bugs. The peasant that agreed to watch the gryphon eggs wasn't recalled when I entered the caves, but I was able to recall him from the green's keep. Later, when I confront Evad for the second time, he his recalled normally and acts as though he has never seen Evad before. I think I wasn't supposed to recall him in the caves? I also noted that none of the pictures for the custom units or portraits showed up. But even with those, I think this was an awesome campaign that touches a rather open part of the Wesnothian timeline. thanks for this cool campaign! :)
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Pewskeepski wrote:...Really?

Evidently, no one understood my problem so I will repeat myself; What campaigns are split into two parts, and how do those campaigns go about balancing the transition from part 1 to part 2 so it's even (regardless of whether or not the player plays through part 1 first or not)?
Pewskeepski, not many of us know about all campaigns even developers and moderators. You need to research and ask creators yourself. It seems that Groggy_Dice knows many campaigns, but I am not really sure. I just guess it from what he is doing and what he said. Although I understand your frustration as well because I talk to myself on the thread in many times, like this :), you don't really have to be in too hurry. I will tell you something I know anyway.

Bad Moon Rising (by doofus-01)
Invasion from the Unknown - for 1.8 (by shadowmaster)
The Sojournings of Grog (by Elvish_Hunter and Eros)

Those campaigns include multiple [campaign] tags on the main file. It means that players can start playing from part-2 or 3. All of them are popular, and have been developed as well. You should refer them if you haven't seen them yet.

Additionally:
After the Storm (by shadowmaster) This campaign also includes two [campaign] tags. (I have just found it out for you.:wink: )

Our Fate of a Princess campaign is also a 2 part campaign, but only one [campaign] tag include on it, so players have to play part-1 in order to move to part-2. In our case, the time-difference spreads it into 2 parts (actually, 3 parts). The first eleven scenarios are in 199-200YW, then the 12th scenario is in 213YW (those are called as part-1). The 12th scenario is actually independent. None of units are carried over from 11th scenario, including the game leader. The part-2 is in 237YW, and the whole army replaces from part-1, except a Wose. This our campaign is kind of unusual though.

If you would like to know more about those campaigns, you can PM anyone above or post to ask on their threads.
I think all of them will answer you nicely.:)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

Ceres wrote:How about an option to let players choose whether they want to use their previous army or a predefined sufficiently strong one?
Good idea! I'll try that.
Boldek wrote:playing on 1.9.10 here, and so far I think this is a really great game, though I noted a few bugs. The peasant that agreed to watch the gryphon eggs wasn't recalled when I entered the caves, but I was able to recall him from the green's keep. Later, when I confront Evad for the second time, he his recalled normally and acts as though he has never seen Evad before. I think I wasn't supposed to recall him in the caves? I also noted that none of the pictures for the custom units or portraits showed up. But even with those, I think this was an awesome campaign that touches a rather open part of the Wesnothian timeline. thanks for this cool campaign! :)
Why thank you, sir! It's always nice to know your work is appreciated :)

The issue with the peasant is a bug; You're not suppose to be able to recall him. I'll fix it in the next release. On the other note, the custom units don't have portraits (with the exception of most the vampires), but do the sprites not appear either? If so, that's very strange; I'll try to fix it at once!
SkyOne wrote:Pewskeepski, not many of us know about all campaigns even developers and moderators. You need to research and ask creators yourself. It seems that Groggy_Dice knows many campaigns, but I am not really sure. I just guess it from what he is doing and what he said. Although I understand your frustration as well because I talk to myself on the thread in many times, like this :), you don't really have to be in too hurry. I will tell you something I know anyway.

Bad Moon Rising (by doofus-01)
Invasion from the Unknown - for 1.8 (by shadowmaster)
The Sojournings of Grog (by Elvish_Hunter and Eros)
Thanks for the advice! I already knew about IftU, but the code for that campaign is based on macros so much that it's almost foreign to me.
SkyOne wrote:Those campaigns include multiple [campaign] tags on the main file. It means that players can start playing from part-2 or 3. All of them are popular, and have been developed as well. You should refer them if you haven't seen them yet.
I already knew how to make two campaigns with one _main file, but thanks anyway!
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Hi,
Pewskeepski wrote:
Boldek wrote:playing on 1.9.10 here, and so far I think this is a really great game, though I noted a few bugs. The peasant that agreed to watch the gryphon eggs wasn't recalled when I entered the caves, but I was able to recall him from the green's keep. Later, when I confront Evad for the second time, he his recalled normally and acts as though he has never seen Evad before. I think I wasn't supposed to recall him in the caves? I also noted that none of the pictures for the custom units or portraits showed up. But even with those, I think this was an awesome campaign that touches a rather open part of the Wesnothian timeline. thanks for this cool campaign! :)
Why thank you, sir! It's always nice to know your work is appreciated :)

The issue with the peasant is a bug; You're not suppose to be able to recall him. I'll fix it in the next release. On the other note, the custom units don't have portraits (with the exception of most the vampires), but do the sprites not appear either? If so, that's very strange; I'll try to fix it at once!
The problem with the missing images is, you dont see the custom units on the map. You just see the hitpoint bar. In the prologue the king isn't visible either. There isn't even a campaign image, when you are in the campaign menu. It looks to me that the image folder isn't found. I tried different versions of the campaign, but it was always the same. I'm runnig the Debian packages of Wesnoth.
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

RainerT wrote:Hi,

The problem with the missing images is, you dont see the custom units on the map. You just see the hitpoint bar. In the prologue the king isn't visible either. There isn't even a campaign image, when you are in the campaign menu. It looks to me that the image folder isn't found. I tried different versions of the campaign, but it was always the same. I'm runnig the Debian packages of Wesnoth.
What operating systems are you using? I have feeling that it only happens on linux and mac. Wish I still had Ubuntu :???:
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

I am experiencing the same problem with missing images, with Wesnoth 1.9.10, version 1.0.7 and using Windows
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

What about 1.9.14? Does it work for any of you on that version?
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

I'm using 1.9.14 and running the Debian Linux packages. It's not a version problem. It happened with older versions of BfW as well as FoW.