Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hagabaka

Re: Five Fates - Beta

Post by hagabaka »

I'm getting "The file you have tried to load is corrupt" when loading autosave files from the "Light, when least expected" level. Also, the game didn't automatically create a save for the beginning of the level, so I can only resume the game from the last time I manually saved, which was in the first dungeon. Here is a list of all the save files from the addon, and I didn't manually delete any save file. The last autosave file was created after I loaded the savefile Home_of_the_Souleater_Turn_22, and I can load that autosave file just fine.

FFa-The_Story_begins_replay.gz
FFa-Home_of_the_Souleater.gz
FFa-Home_of_the_Souleater_Turn_22.gz
FFa-Home_of_the_Souleater_replay.gz
FFa-Diving_Intervention_replay.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save30.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save31.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save32.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save33.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save34.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save35.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save36.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save37.gz
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save38.gz
FFa-Home_of_the_Souleater-Auto-Save23.gz

Here is one of the corrupt files:
FFa-Light,_when_least_expected-Auto-Save38.gz
Corrupt save file
(941.98 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
My favorite addon campaigns (made by others): Swamplings | Galuldur's First Journey | To Lands Unknown | The Devil's Flute
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thank you very much for your post and sorry for your inconvience. I recommend to cheat (at the start), which allows you to jump to this level with an experience bonus. This might help to reduce your frustration.

I will try to solve this problem as soon as I can, but I still haven't figured out, what causes the problem.
It might have something to do with the hero character which seperates into different hero and type forms.

Kind regards

Heindal
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Dugi

Re: Five Fates - ALPHA

Post by Dugi »

I found a little problem in the introduction scenario dialogue if you play with the halfvampire. There was an obscene word (writing it would be pointless, it would be censored), and you did not state that it is unsuitable for underaged (well, I suppose it is not, but...). But that is really a little problem.

A bit larger problem is that I have no idea how to beat the first level's boss, who was strongly resistant to physical and cold, and that were the only two kinds of attack I could use. Not mentioning that recruiting or summoning zombies was useless because they did not stand a chance, they maybe dealt 3 damage before they were slain.
But neither of these problems is really grave.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

It is hard to defeat the guardian as vampire, I know (the other character have the option to turn a weapon into an arcane weapon).

But you have a chance when increasing one of the three pathes. I recommend upgrading the necromancer, as it allows you to summon skeletons and ghosts later on. I will check the wording of the introduction and change it in the next update, but i can't remember using a word that was 'obscene'.

Thanks for your reply.

Heindal
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

First of all, the traps were a little overdone. You might wanna make so it just costs HP, not kills the unit.

When I tried to go back to a previous turn it said the file was corrupted and crashed. If you're trying to make it like NetHack in that respect, then it's fine, just tell the user.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

It seemed fun otherwise.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

The traps are hard, especially in the first level, I know. But they won't kill your hero units, so you can use your hero to set them off and avoid the marked spot. Maybe I will add a option to disable those traps for experience - such as in 'castle of winds' and other rpgs.

Corrupt save game: I wanted the player to be able to load and save, but its a nice side effect ^^.

I coded the whole day yesterday, sligthened and cleaned up the source code and tried to solve this problems but it won't work. The most annoying thing was, that I played the whole scenario as a halfvampire (teleporting is really fun, especially at the beginning when you know where the enemy leaders are). There was one invalid save game in the first level, so I loaded the previous auto save game and it worked fine. After that I finished the whole game without any broken save game! Starting again as paladin I ended up with 10-20 invalid save games in the first level.

I believe its the size as the corrupted save files usually start at turn 30+, but I will be asking in the wml forum about experiences.

Thanks for your reply.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Oh, I didn't know the traps don't kill your leader. I only saw them done on young dwarves... :roll:
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Another thing, the dialouge has tons of typos. If you post the code here I'd be happy to fix it for you.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Uploaded version 0.22

- Bugfixes: Saving should now work (tested 2 times full play) - it was caused by variables (mostly weapons) that contained apostrophs and divis.
- Bugfixes: Strikeincrease will now be safed and transfered to other equipped weapons (Faster Reload a.s.o. should now work as intended)
- Code Improvement: reduced unnecessary code, added explainations and macro zones

- Game Changes:
- a setting menu allows you to change music (musicplayer) and deactivate encounters and tutorial texts
- the tutorial texts explain skills and they will now just come up once and not every time you level up
- changed wording for Storyline Vampire and added animation for the peasants attack
- Halfvampire can now access one of the stores (Consumables): this allows to buy picks and lockpicks, making the game slightly easier for him
- Halfvampire can now get unlimited reincarnation (the price for this amla option has been reduced)
- reduced the hitpoints of the first guardian
- the dwarven now refuses to dive - you have to find a different way to get him over the water in level 2
- added some dwarven jokes
- added annother lefthanded weapon (plus a new Special extrastrike which is a kind of defensive strike) and a new shield
- added some more secrets and passages in the first map
- rack with consumables
- Lootchest that contains random loot
- name changes of weapons

- New graphics:
- updated Bandit and Halfvampires Skilltree
- naga catcher - unit + animation
- Mechanical Steam Guard and the Steam Guardian are now animated
- added selfmade animation: for Fire Dragon (Bite, Fire, Tail and Defend)

please note: these animations/units are not perfect, even though I put a lot of work in these.

PS: Thank you TheScribe, I would like you to read over the storylines. I will prepare something and upload it tomorrow.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Dear TheScribe,

as promised here the files with the story for your corrections. Please just do what you like, you don't have to do everything and take your time!

For your effort, TheScribe, you receive a personal entry within Five Fates and the statue in the 'hall of fame' (first level next to the shrine).
Just tell me what kind of type your statue should represent.

I always wanted to read over the text myself, but I had no time as the code was still buggy (should be solved with 0.22).

Kind regards

Heindal

((If annother player likes to read over the texts I would be grateful. You will receive a statue as well.))
Attachments
Five Fates - Final Level.rtf
Final Storytext and Final Decision (later there will be the option to fight the last guardian, but I have to code and draw this last keeper before)
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Five Fates Dungeon Levels 2-5.rtf
Five Fates Dungeon Levels 2-5 - Story, partially dialogues - a reduced version
(11.16 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Five Fates_Storyline.rtf
Five Fates - First Level Storyline (Dialogues and Story for each of the Five Characters)
(35.07 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

I can read over the dialouge and fix the grammar and spelling mistakes. I know TheScribe is doing it, but this will give you a backup. Would that be alright, or do you have what you need?

Post 2:
Oh, and can I edit out the curse words? Looking at my username, you might guess why...

I doubt it would become a mainline campaign if it has curse words in it. If they were used in a different way, as in adding -ed to the end of it in some instances, or just replaced with words such as "darn", "crud", or less colorful vocabulary, I think it would be fine.
Last edited by Crendgrim on June 25th, 2012, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I finished the storyline. I highlighted the "colorful" vocabulary and suggest you remove it.
Attachments
Five Fates_Storyline.rtf
(108.17 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

As for the statue I want a Dwarvish Dragonguard. Thanks!

Post 2:
Here's the next file. Same thing with the highlights.
Attachments
Five Fates Dungeon Levels 2-5.rtf
(53.76 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Last edited by Crendgrim on June 25th, 2012, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Here's the final level. No highlights nessecary.
Attachments
Five Fates - Final Level.rtf
(38.5 KiB) Downloaded 306 times