Return to Noelren 0.7.6

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pyrophorus

Re: Return to Noelren 0.6 - now complete

Post by pyrophorus »

Tinalein wrote:
pyrophorus wrote:Scenario 7 (Alnoth Island)
Then, you have to light a campfire near the entrance to make the smugglers pop out (at 21,10 for instance). Kill them and enter the cave."
Friendly,
sorry, but how to light a campfire there ?????

greetings, tina
Move Tiomen to a forest hex (22,10) then right-click on 21,10 and choose the menu item 'Light a campfire' (if it don't show then, it's a bug).
Remember the right-click menu is often the solution when you're stuck.

Thanks for playing the campaign, and hope you'll have fun !
Tinalein

Re: Return to Noelren 0.7.2

Post by Tinalein »

Thank you for your answer!

Then it's a bug:

Attachments
wesnoth-bug.jpg
Tinalein

Post by Tinalein »

sorry my fault - 21 instead of 20 works :whistle: 8) :P
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

pyrophorus wrote:
tr0ll wrote:i would love to help with text if i can survive past the opening levels (when i played it last year i never got past 2nd scenario (likely my fault) :lol2: )
downloading now.
Well, it would be great and if you really don't find how to pass level 2, I can provide you with a special cheat mode :D (but I don't think you would really need it).
BTW, all campaign text is contained in two files only in the story folder (RTN_Dials-1 & 2). Take a look...

Friendly,
Okay I survived most of the campaign and return to provide my suggested text edits for part 1 (see attachment). I guess there have been significant changes since last I played - my heroes got so powerful it was difficult to put them in jeopardy. Anyway, i suggest mostly spelling and small grammar changes, in order to minimize re-translation. I will look at the second text file after seeing your feedback on this diff.
Attachments
_main.cfg.diff
suggested edits
(459 Bytes) Downloaded 330 times
RTN_Dials-1.cfg.diff
suggested edits
(87.09 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

tr0ll wrote:
Okay I survived most of the campaign and return to provide my suggested text edits for part 1 (see attachment). I guess there have been significant changes since last I played - my heroes got so powerful it was difficult to put them in jeopardy. Anyway, i suggest mostly spelling and small grammar changes, in order to minimize re-translation. I will look at the second text file after seeing your feedback on this diff.
Well, I haven't checked the whole file, but you did a fine job here. I think I will keep 95% of your edits. One thing: you don't need to make a diff file. I use a diff/merge utility which works on original files and can import the changes very easily.
Thanks a lot for the job done !
Friendly,
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

great! i did a diff because it seems a convenient way for anyone to review the changes, even if they arent the author or dont have the source files. however, if the edited file is easier for you, thats what will do! part 2 coming soon.

(update)
please find part 2 file attached.
btw im not sure you meant to have profanity near the end so i changed it a bit. in the rest of it you were careful not to get too crude.
Attachments
RTN_Dials-2.cfg
story part2 suggested text
(74.88 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Fraggel76

Post by Fraggel76 »

Alnoth caves

So I am trying to digg that new tunnel with the dwarf coordinate 21 from left 9 from top but when I double click for the special menu no digging option appears

Any help

Thanks
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Hi !
You have to move the dwarf to 21,8 and then right-click (once) on 21,9 (the earthy cave wall).

Thanks for playing the campaign !
Friendly,
pyrophorus

Re: Return to Noelren 0.7.6

Post by pyrophorus »

Version 0.7.6 is out, see first post.
vasek2

Post by vasek2 »

pyrophorus wrote:Hi !
You have to move the dwarf to 21,8 and then right-click (once) on 21,9 (the earthy cave wall).

Friendly,
Hey,

please, I need a help. I could entry from 21/9 using from special menu dig in walls, but then I could not find any please where to keep digging. Even when Patti and his sister will join. I tried every hex but imposible. Could you tell me which position I should Glynoin start digging? THANK YOU!
Attachments
where to dig.jpg
vasek2

Post by vasek2 »

vasek2 wrote:
pyrophorus wrote:Hi !

Friendly,
Hey,

please, I need a help. I could entry from 21/9 using from special menu dig in walls, but then I could not find any please where to keep digging. Even when Patti and his sister will join. I tried every hex but imposible. Could you tell me which position I should Glynoin start digging? THANK YOU!
Thanks for answer.
Well, I tried it, but I cannot go to 21,8, only to 21,10. A enclose the picture. And when I stand on 21,8 and right-click on the closest earthy cave well (for example 21,9) nothing appears in the menu (like digging the cave). I do not know what I am doing bad.
I play on Mac, version of wesnoth 1.10.2, add-on downloaded last week.
Thank you!
Attachments
21.10 position.jpg
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Welcome to the forums !

I think the problem you have is moving the dwarf to the right place before right-clicking on the wall (he is the only one who can dig). In the second picture you posted, the dwarf should go where Patti is, and then right-click on the wall nearby (it's color is slightly different where digging is possible). By the way, you shall not exit the cave by the way you entered it !
If this don't work, I will send you the exact coordinates, but I haven't access to the data yet.

Thanks for playing the campaign. Please feel free to drop a comment here when you're finished with it !

Friendly,
vasek2

Post by vasek2 »

pyrophorus wrote:Welcome to the forums !

I think the problem you have is moving the dwarf to the right place before right-clicking on the wall (he is the only one who can dig). In the second picture you posted, the dwarf should go where Patti is, and then right-click on the wall nearby (it's color is slightly different where digging is possible). By the way, you shall not exit the cave by the way you entered it !
If this don't work, I will send you the exact coordinates, but I haven't access to the data yet.

Thanks for playing the campaign. Please feel free to drop a comment here when you're finished with it !

Friendly,
Well, I tried to do this, but I after one click appears menu without digging possibility (I checked all hex around). Enclose other photo. Maybe I am dumb, but I cannot solve it.
Thank you for help. I like this add-on it is lovely and well made with nice involution. Regards...
Attachments
digging.jpg
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Here is the solution: if you can't make this work, then there is another problem.
Spoiler:
Friendly,
vasek2

Post by vasek2 »

pyrophorus wrote:Here is the solution: if you can't make this work, then there is another problem.
Spoiler:
Friendly,

Oh yes, it works! I am euphoric ;-) Thank you very much, regards! Gonna keep playing hope not to disturb more!