Gloria Victis

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Meraviglioso

Re: Gloria Victis

Post by Meraviglioso »

any dates for stable release?
Neuromancer

Post by Neuromancer »

Well, do you mean stable like 1.0 version, or putting the campaign on the 1.8 server?
Currently there are no plans for 1.8 release (mainly because of the new map and code features introduced in 1.9).
I really cannot say when 1.0 version will be uploaded. Currently about one third of the campaign is done.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

I played 0.2.1 on Wesnoth 1.9.9 and had a bit of fun.

1) i didnt choose Yveen

2) I liked the intros and chatter. it wasnt clear what advantage there might be in choosing the dim poacher. some hint of the mission(s) might help.

3) i played until it said thats the end. i never encountered the shop as i went straight north. i never saw any other maps others here mentioned.

4) Getting to know the units really makes me hate to lose any of them in battle.
The following messages showed in the error log:
error audio: could not find track 'calm-before-storm.ogg'
error audio: could not find track 'a3deap_DontFearTheReaper.ogg'
error audio: could not find track 'gameplay06.ogg'
error audio: could not find track 'battlecry.ogg'
error display: could not open image 'bridge/stonebridge-nesw.png'

When i went to Recall some units for the necromancer scenario, the units i didnt pick were also available in the list. Maybe this is ok because it is a dream.
I would have liked a little more challenge in that scenario, it was too easy. Maybe add a ghost or two.

The dialogue before and during in the dwarf toll scenario was great and the dwarfs are hard to defeat without losing anyone. I was surprised to see Teresia there, i thought she wasnt coming along.
Quman

Post by Quman »

tr0ll wrote:The following messages showed in the error log:
error audio: could not find track 'calm-before-storm.ogg'
error audio: could not find track 'a3deap_DontFearTheReaper.ogg'
error audio: could not find track 'gameplay06.ogg'
error audio: could not find track 'battlecry.ogg'
error display: could not open image 'bridge/stonebridge-nesw.png'
Have you downloaded the UMC music add-on? If not, did the game tell you at the beginning that you should download it? My guess is that the game is just loading all of the files that are mentioned in the scenario config file at the start, including songs enclosed in #ifhave tags that prevent the game from trying to play the songs. If that's the case then there's probably no way to fix the error, but as long as the #ifhave tags prevent the game from trying to play the songs there shouldn't be a problem.

The bridge thing was my fault. I replaced the bridge with a fake one after the dream mission (to prevent the player from going back and crossing it) but forgot to actually test it. After fixing the error and testing it, I realize that the fake bridge doesn't look right anyway, so it's probably best to just add a pathing blocker on the far side of the bridge.