The Four Champions

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Arawn

Re: The Four Champions

Post by Arawn »

Ok, new version out. This adds:
More stability (duh)
Items in the castle. These are in no way hidden or hard to find. Or at least, that wasn't the goal.
More undead in the castle
More backstory

Stuff left:
Two quests and some more random items
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

And... that is it. Everything I intended to add has been added. I might spruce things up now and again (there's a bookshelf sprite I'm not using for anything now) and I'm sure a bug or two will crop up, but other than that, everything is done. Enjoy, you guys! A special thanks to all those that helped make this happen. First campaigns are difficult, but I'm sure future work will go better. :wink:
taptap

Post by taptap »

Scenario 1) Please take the time to get either normal inspire or probably even better normal leadership abilities. De facto L4 leadership in the first scenario of a campaign with L0 recruits is a game breaker, but 9 turns turn limit when you need 2 turns to reach the keep is extremely short. Peasants levelling to mages is somewhat strange as well - I take it you don't like human archers. The adherent unit has its name in FoaP for a reason, this reason is lacking here and maybe it needs another name under this circumstances.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hello. First of all, this is an awesome game! Hats off to all your efforts! :)

Alright, so right now I'm at Recovering the Ancient Blade. When I step into the temple hex, it gives an an error:

Code: Select all

<Lua error> game_error: unknown unit type: Death Baron
                  stack traceback:
                          [C]: in function 'cmd'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.10/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:292 in function 
                          </usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.10/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:256>
I don't know much about WML, but it seems this unit type is missing. What can I do to fix it ?
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

[move_unit_fake]
            type=Death Baron
            side=2
            x=12,11
            y=3,3
        [/move_unit_fake]
        {NAMED_UNIT 3 (Death Baron) 11 3 Uran _"Uran" (
            overlays="misc/loyal-icon.png"
            [modifications]
                {TRAIT_LOYAL}
                {TRAIT_STRONG}
            [/modifications]

[unit_type]
    id=AE Death Baron
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

Grrrr... I need to figure out how to make a unit test for Wesnoth. The bug reported with scenario 7 has been fixed. I was messing around, but that unit should have been a skeleton to begin with. As for inspiration, you make a good point, but I'm not sure how "normal" inspiration works. I'll have to look into that.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

I'm not sure where or how to add that code... WML newb here... Where do I find the code for that?
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Arawn wrote:The bug reported with scenario 7 has been fixed.
Then you should update your campaign. :)

TheChosenOne wrote:I'm not sure where or how to add that code... WML newb here... Where do I find the code for that?
Open the scenario file of scenario 7,
then replace in line 303 and in line 308

Death Baron
with

AE Death Baron
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Are you sure you ported the update to the addon server? When I select update list, the Four Champions does not show up at all.
---Konrad III

Arawn

Post by Arawn »

TheChosenOne wrote:Are you sure you ported the update to the addon server? When I select update list, the Four Champions does not show up at all.
Huh. I think I just learned what the purpose of having the version in the server.pdb file does. Turns out the addon server doesn't recognize files unless you update the version number. Up until now, I just thought it waas for personal records.

Ok, both issues (including inspiration) are fixed. Along the way, I also gave Zack a custom unit.

EDIT: Another update! I found a cool "indoors" schedule image and updated the castle levels with it. I also deleted story images I wasn't using (hopefully no crashes) and the campaign is now ~2 MB smaller. Progress!
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

It works now. Thank you!

Btw, nice sword, Arawn! Is that Zack's? Because he still doesn't seem to have a melee attack even after supposedly getting the sword, unless that's the one you're toying with :D

(18-4 melee blade magical)
---Konrad III

Arawn

Post by Arawn »

Crap. Yes, that is Zack's sword. How is it not his? I'll play through the scenario and see what I find.
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

TheChosenOne wrote: Btw, nice sword, Arawn! Is that Zack's? Because he still doesn't seem to have a melee attack even after supposedly getting the sword
Can you describe the problem in more detail? I played through my scenarios 5, 6 (story), and 7. Zack loses his sword at the end of 5 regardless of what happens (intentional for story purposes) and when he picks up the sword beneath the tree, he gains a new sword attack. What's happening with your game? And what version are you on?

EDIT: what level is your Zack on? I was on level 1 but this should work with all levels since the code is from Heir To The Throne. I will test with Level 2 right now.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Zack was already level 2 when he was supposed to pick up the sword. By the time Arawn appeared, he still did not get the sword, Arawn wielding it instead. Also, I believe that Arawn's leadership skill is counted as a level 3 leadership by the game, despite the character himself being a level 4 unit. Is this intentional? I noticed this because my White Mage only gets a +25% bonus while my Ancient Wose did not get a bonus at all.

Edit: in any case, his lack of melee is remedied by the holy hammer in the castle :D
Edit: The blue potion in the castle seems to do nothing. Is this a bug, or can only a few specific units take it?
---Konrad III

Arawn

Post by Arawn »

Interesting... I just did a complete run through up to level 7 and everything seems fine to me. Let me know if the problem persists. Zack isn't supposed to be using the hammer but I guess it does remedy things. At any rate, I did another upload, just to fix a few very small errors. Arawn was named as Drake Swordsmaster despite being a Drake Warmaster unit, for instance. If anyone else runs into the problem of Zack not being able to get the sword, let me know.

EDIT: for those of you wondering, the potion mentioned makes a unit chaotic and Arawn's leadership has been set to level 4.