Custom Campaign 2.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 1.2.1 for Wesnoth 1.12

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

LordVandor wrote:Hi :) This mod is awesome. I'm using it pretty much for everything I do,rpg maps,survival maps,etc...
I also made a lot of factions,like Bandits,Chaos, etc. , and I love it!
LordVandor wrote:I can pretty much modify any unit,right?
But that's only for the traits,the name,and the role...
If you use debug mode and the 'unit' command during the 'Edit Recall List', you can also adjust things such as xp, hitpoints & move points. These may or may not stick after a unit level-up or ALMA. But that's pretty much it.
LordVandor wrote:What about making the money system you see in the campaigns, to have money you spend in a shop in the 1p Custom Campaign scenario?
This way I could buy new weapons,or improve the ones I already have...I could make something like Fire Emblem or even better!
What do you think about it? I'd like it so much!
One of my intents with this add-on was to make the units available to play as is. As such, I'm not intending to add anything like a shop. I have considered adding the ability to add arbitrary weapons or objects to a unit. As that would be a bit involved, that's not anytime soon, if at all.

However, add-ons like 'Augu Modification' & 'XP Modification' should be able to be used with Custom Campaign, which would allow improving a unit's current weapons.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Abcron

Post by Abcron »

How do I set a computer controlled side to a faction or Army? You mention there being an option to setting a side to "Custom" but I can't see it in the dropdown menu.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Abcron wrote:How do I set a computer controlled side to a faction or Army? You mention there being an option to setting a side to "Custom" but I can't see it in the dropdown menu.
The following assumes you are creating a single player 'Local Game' and not connecting to a server.
For Custom Campaign on BfW 1.12:
1. On the 'Create Game' screen enable the 'Custom Campaign' Modification.
2. On the 'Game Lobby' screen, set the 'Player/Type' value to 'Local Player' for the side you want to be computer controlled with a custom faction from your Faction list. When the game is started, it will let you select a faction from your Faction list for that side.

If you don't have any factions on your Faction list, you'll have to create them first. Currently, computer controlled sides can't be set to an Army.

There's also another version of the above instructions as the 'Custom Campaign' modification description on the 'Create Game' screen.
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
GoblinCorpse

Post by GoblinCorpse »

SigurdFireDragon wrote:
GoblinCorpse wrote: As a side note, when I use the single player version to play against an ai controlling a custom army, if I leave a local player in the game it gives the same message you would usually get if you had no armies at all saved. The workaround I've been using is to use the multiplayer version then droid the other side(s) after selecting their army for them.
It sounds like you're trying to use a custom army (which has a recall list) and not a custom faction (does not have a recall list) for the AI to play against a Human. If that's the case, the message for no factions is slightly different than the message for no armies. Also, my add-on was only intended to let a custom faction, or a faction selected directly from an era be used as a computer opponent. As such, I may add the ability for a computer to play an army in the future. But there's no plans at the moment.

If you're trying to do something else, can you explain it differently?
My apologies for being so late to respond, but yes that's what I was attempting to do. I hadn't even done anything with custom factions, but this makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.
picard65

Post by picard65 »

Hi, me and some friends are using custom campaign + ageless era to play some coop mp scenarios, but most of the time, even if we win whit our commanders still alive our progress won't get saved. we are playng Battle for wesnoth v. 1.12.6, some of the maps that won't save are the two from zombie survival scenario, the fall of trent and labyrint of champions, if i put the single player "custom campaign", the one that let me select to be a "survival scenario" or put "enemy waves" those save only whit "survival scenaro enabled" and the time run out :( anything we can do for it? we like to roleplay a lot into voice chat for those kind of maps.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

picard65 wrote:Hi, me and some friends are using custom campaign + ageless era to play some coop mp scenarios, but most of the time, even if we win whit our commanders still alive our progress won't get saved. we are playng Battle for wesnoth v. 1.12.6, some of the maps that won't save are the two from zombie survival scenario, the fall of trent and labyrint of champions...
From what you're describing, it sounds like some eras and maps will work, and some won't. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee compatibility with every era, scenario, or modification. I'll see if I can address this when I update Custom Campaign for 1.13.
picard65 wrote:...if i put the single player "custom campaign", the one that let me select to be a "survival scenario" or put "enemy waves" those save only whit "survival scenaro enabled" and the time run out...
If I'm understanding this correctly, you're saying if you enable a 'survival scenario' and defeat all enemy leaders before time runs out, it won't save the army. Yes, that would be a bug. Hopefully I'll get around to uploading a fix for this at some point.
picard65

Post by picard65 »

Tanks for your fast answer, and sorry, i know i am bad whit english.
SigurdFireDragon wrote:
picard65 wrote:...if i put the single player "custom campaign", the one that let me select to be a "survival scenario" or put "enemy waves" those save only whit "survival scenaro enabled" and the time run out...
If I'm understanding this correctly, you're saying if you enable a 'survival scenario' and defeat all enemy leaders before time runs out, it won't save the army. Yes, that would be a bug. Hopefully I'll get around to uploading a fix for this at some point.
I think i explained myself bad here, what i mean is that in those scenarios i can't save my advancements normaly i can save if i put them in survival mode, but as the custom campaign for multiplayer don't support this i can't use this workarround to play whit my friends.

For what i have understand reading arround your system work changing the win conditions, so the problem may lie down into maps that alter in some way that victory condition, but that's only speculation on my end. If i can do anything to help out i am happy to do so, as i and my freiends love your addon :)
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

picard65 wrote:I think i explained myself bad here, what i mean is that in those scenarios i can't save my advancements normaly i can save if i put them in survival mode, but as the custom campaign for multiplayer don't support this i can't use this workarround to play whit my friends.

For what i have understand reading arround your system work changing the win conditions, so the problem may lie down into maps that alter in some way that victory condition, but that's only speculation on my end. If i can do anything to help out i am happy to do so, as i and my freiends love your addon
Thanks for the clarification, I'll see what I can do about this when I update Custom Campaign for BfW 1.13/1.14
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.0 for Wesnoth 1.13

Version 2.0.0 is now up for 1.13

A total rewrite using WML, with a smattering of custom tags made with Lua

Plenty of changes, the most notable are:
• Simplification across the board in creating and using saved factions
• One modification for all game configurations in both local and network play
• The global variables are only updated in prestart and victory events
• If the faction is considered defeated according to the side’s defeat_condition, it will not be saved.
• The terms “Saved faction” & “faction” are now used, to better conform to standard Wesnoth terminology.
• There’s just one list of saved factions, which can be used for human or computer players
• Instructions and interface has (hopefully) been made more intuitive.
• Saved factions (which used to be called armies) from previous versions of Custom Campaign are not compatible with this version. You’ll have to start fresh, but the still powerful faction editing tools will allow you to recreate any factions.
• If you want a faction not to change when used, it can be “freezed” in the setup scenario
• The survival scenario & enemy waves options in the previous version have been removed.
• The unit filters have been removed. As the create unit list is in language order, use the Wesnoth Help to determine where the unit will appear in the list.
• If you use different experience modifiers from scenario to scenario, the faction’s units experience & max experience will be automatically adjusted accordingly, and will maintain the ratio of experience/max experience, with xp rounded to the nearest integer, unless it would cause leveling, in which case xp will be rounded down.

@picard65 – I believe all the issues you mentioned above with Custom Campaign 1.2.1 have been dealt with in this version.

EDIT (2017-04-28 21:03:54): Updated to 2.0.1
Changes:
Fixed name generator and generate 10 names at a time
Minor compatibility change in advance of BfW 1.13.8
picard65

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.0 for Wesnoth 1.13

Post by picard65 »

SigurdFireDragon wrote:Version 2.0.0 is now up for 1.13
@picard65 – I believe all the issues you mentioned above with Custom Campaign 1.2.1 have been dealt with in this version.
Tank you for looking into that :) the maps that i can remember giving me problems aren't to be found for now in the 1.13.x but for what i can see i don't have that problem whit maps that work similary!
vee100

Re: Custom Campaign 2.0.1 for Wesnoth 1.13

Post by vee100 »

Thank you for you effort to put this to 1.13 but I have a bug to report. Whenever I clicked create unit my game crashed every time.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

vee100 wrote:Thank you for you effort to put this to 1.13 but I have a bug to report. Whenever I clicked create unit my game crashed every time.
Are you selecting "Keep side as is" when launching the setup scenario? That definitely causes a crash. If that's the case, "New saved faction from side" is what you want.
If you don't see either option when starting the setup scenario, make sure you select the custom campaign modification before selecting the custom campaign setup scenario.

If that's not the case, I'll need more info to fix it.
The Version of BfW & Custom Campaign that you're using and the log file from userdata/logs when the crash is triggered would be helpful.

In any case, I'll think about how to reword those options for clarity and put some sort of guard so using "Keep side as is" isn't an option for the setup scenario.
vee100

Post by vee100 »

Oh sorry for my stupidity, I can play it now. Thank you, enjoy it now.
ArcdeSeel

Post by ArcdeSeel »

This version is far less intuitive than the previous version, but I'm getting it.

Is there an option to create a faction instead of a persistent side? Can you rename a faction, or choose a different unit for its leader?

Anyway, its still an enormously powerful tool of a mod. Keep it up.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

ArcdeSeel wrote:Is there an option to create a faction instead of a persistent side?
Yes, by "freezing'' the faction. Access it by right-clicking on the hex with 'Update' as its label. This will make it so it doesn't change on use in a map (except for setup scenario).
Thanks for asking about this, I'll add instructions making this option more clear somewhere in the add-on.
ArcdeSeel wrote:Can you rename a faction...
Yes, right click on the hex with the faction name in the setup scenario.

ArcdeSeel wrote:...or choose a different unit for its leader?
Yes. This is one of the things alluded to by "Additional commands can be found by right-clicking on units, castle, or encampment"
Right-click on a unit and select 'Set Role'. With that you can add or remove leader status.
ArcdeSeel wrote:This version is far less intuitive than the previous version, but I'm getting it.
Hmmm... my hopes for intuitive might not really apply those who've come from the previous version. Though there is some changes to how it's accessed, all the power of the previous version for setting up units and factions is there.
ArcdeSeel wrote:Anyway, its still an enormously powerful tool of a mod. Keep it up.
Thanks. :)