Custom Campaign 2.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.9.1 - Play MP maps with a Persistent A

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

GeneralBug wrote:Whenever I try to edit the leader recruit/recall, if I have more than 4 leaders/expendable leaders, it just comes up with a lua error.
Thanks for the report, I will look into this.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.9.2 - Play MP maps with a Persistent A

Version 0.9.2 is now up. :)

Fixed bug in cc.leader_display_list(index) reported in forums that affected 'Change Main Leader' and 'Edit Leader Recruit & Recall' commands. These should now work with any number of leaders. While I was at it, improved sorting. Now goes by leader type, name, and language_name; with Main Leader still at the top.
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.9.3-RC1 - Play maps with a Persistent

Custom Campaign has been updated to version 0.9.3-RC1 :)

Changes & bugfixes:
Changes so that proper settings displayed for ‘Use map settings.’
Fixed typo in objectives
Fixed turn counter in objectives so that it will display or not display properly
New game creation screen map, which is a question mark.
Updated ‘Custom Campaign + AoH’ era to use external AoH Khalifate faction if present.
Added a ‘heroic’ trait to match a change in Random Campaign.
Gender selection menus now use gender symbols & unit images where appropriate.
Updated the ‘Custom Campaign + EoL’ era to use the 3x income multiplier (CC + EoL needs EoL era)

This should about wrap up development for the 1.10 branch, and I’ll give a bit of time for any last bugs to be caught, then update to 1.0.0.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Hello,

Earlier this week wesnoth 1.10.4 was released for iPhone/iPad. This addon seems to work fine so far that i can see on the iPad version, but the iPhone version crashes when attempting to "recruit" when creating custom armies and such. I know this may be an issue with the iPhone port of the add on, but I thought it worth bringing to your attention.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the crash logs, so this may not be helpful to you. Just thought you may know what could be causing it.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

kapnbanjo wrote:...This addon seems to work fine so far that i can see on the iPad version, but the iPhone version crashes when attempting to "recruit" when creating custom armies and such. I know this may be an issue with the iPhone port of the add on, but I thought it worth bringing to your attention....
Thanks for the report. I've read the posts in the iphone/ipad support thread as well. With more info, I might be able to figure something out.

As far as I can tell, you're in the 'Edit Troops' section, you click on 'Recruit', select the unit you wish to add to your army, then click 'ok', to move to the next step but it crashes at that point.

Is that correct?

Also, how does it crash? Does it throw a lua error & stay in wesnoth, or does it crash back to the iphone desktop, or something else?
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

That's correct.

It just goes straight to iPhone home screen, no error message. I will do more testing and see if anything other than the recruit screens crash it or if any dont tomorrow and let you know what I find.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I don't know how is it on iOS, but reasons of instant-crash bugs can be found in stderr.txt on Windows or in Terminal log on Linux or Mac (that is de facto some kind of Linux anyway). If there is no Terminal in iOS, there should be the stderr.txt file somewhere in the game folder, and its contents should contain a clue.
And I think that it is related to the small resolution of the iPhone screen (clashing with the size of the menu that is opened, maybe), when it works on iPad that has the same operating system.
(this is based on common sense, I am not an expert on iStuff, not even an amateur)
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

I'd say the stderr.txt would be needed to figure something out at this point.

There's a couple of lua lines invoked by the recruit action under 'Edit Troops', and stderr.txt would be the only way to narrow it down.

hmmm... not sure about the resolution thing, maybe, maybe not.
The menus invoked at that point aren't anything special compared to other ones the add-on invokes.
I've done tests on the lowest resolutions on my system (848x480 & 800x600) with no problems (I'm on a Windows 7 x64 AMD desktop).

I'm leaning toward a lua related bug at this point.

What resolution is the game running under the iphone?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

What resolution is the game running under the iphone?
It is lower than the minimum resolution for all other platforms (maybe except android, not sure, I read only about iPhone because it was a hot topic), that guy needed some overhauls of other things to make it work. And that window might be the first one the player opens of the bigger windows you are using (are you using a lua-made window? that might be what that guy did not expect).
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Resolution is like 480x320 on iPhone 4, little bigger on the 5, but both crash.

I currently am not running any of my devices jailbroken so I won't have access to the file, I'll see if the original reporting user is or if the dev can run down the file for you later today
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 1.0.0 for Wesnoth 1.10

Version 1.0.0 uploaded :D

No real changes from 0.9.3-RC1, just some code clean-ups.

This concludes development for the 1.10 branch.

Much thanks to the Dev team for all the work on 1.10.
Special thanks to Upthorn & Crab for persistent variables and Anonymissimus for lots of nifty lua, without which, Custom Campaign wouldn't be what it is.

Any support questions or bug reports for the 1.10 branch version are welcome.

A new thread for 1.11/1.12 version and a link to it will be posted once development commences.

EDIT (2013/07/18): The version for 1.11/1.12 is here.
Last edited by SigurdFireDragon on July 18th, 2013, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kita

Post by Kita »

Hi,
So you can only play with one human and x amount of AI players. DO you plan on changing this or, is there a way someone can change it?
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Well, when I originally considered it, I didn't want to deal with the complications of network multiplayer. (ie, does it use host or client persistent data for human sides?; & persistent vars can only be loaded in certain events in mp, or oos errors occur.) Making it work for a local (one computer) multiplayer is easy enough.

I'll take another look at it, and see if I can get network multiplayer to work in an acceptable way.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Making it work for more than one player on a local computer is a little bit more involved than I though, as several parts of the code are keyed for loading only one army.

As for network multiplayer, there's currently a GSoC project bringing improved mp campaign support, so it may be easier to accomplish when it is done.

Bottom line:
I'm not gonna make this change for the 1.0 version on Wesnoth 1.10.
I'll re-evaluate the question for the 1.1 version on Wesnoth 1.11 when the GSoC work is done. (end of September)

EDIT (2013/07/11): I figured it out. Version 1.1.0 for Wesnoth 1.11 will have multiplayer support.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Custom Campaign 1.1.1 for Wesnoth 1.11/12

This is the Custom Campaign thread for Wesnoth 1.11/12

The current version of the add-on is 1.1.1 and requires Wesnoth 1.11.10 or greater.
For information on version 1.0.0 and earlier for Wesnoth 1.10 go here.

(This space reserved for the description of the add-on)
Last edited by SigurdFireDragon on March 23rd, 2014, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.