Custom Campaign 2.2.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Re: Custom Campaign 0.8.2 - Play mp maps with a Persistent A

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I have Wesnoth 1.9.8. Recently, whenever I use Custom Campaign, it seems like I can only make new factions, view armies I made weeks ago, and play with armies I made weeks ago. I cannot view a custom faction, delete a custom faction, make an army from a faction, or use a faction in a game without getting lua scripting errors. Any idea what the problem is?

EDIT: I am using the latest version of Custom Campaign. And I see that other people have had similar problems before, but with earlier versions. But will this issue persist?
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Can you post the lua error code? or if it is long, at least the first 3 lines?

Did you use units from an add-on and later remove or update the add-on? I'm thinking it might be something I missed locking down for that situation, but with an error code I could be more certain.

Not sure what you mean by 'will it persist?'

If you mean if there's a hack to fix the problem, (like the above situation) probably yes. If the next version of Custom Campaign will fix it, yes, but not sure yet when I'll have that out.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

SigurdTheDragon wrote:Did you use units from an add-on and later remove or update the add-on? I'm thinking it might be something I missed locking down for that situation, but with an error code I could be more certain.
That could be it, because I did do tat. But on the other hand, why does it keep happening even if I delete and re-download Custom Campaign?
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

It keeps happening because the army & faction lists are kept in userdata/persist/SigurdTheDragon_Custom_Campaign.cfg , which is not deleted when you delete the Add-on.

Your copy of the file got corrupted somehow, wether it was by having a unit_type in one of the lists that you no longer have in an add-on (I though I had this dealt with), or through some other fashion it got corrupted (I'd like to find out how so I could fix it).

If you'd like, please post your copy of the above file. From that, I could tell you how to fix it, and I could see the error messages it's kicking up for myself.
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

SigurdTheDragon wrote:It keeps happening because the army & faction lists are kept in userdata/persist/SigurdTheDragon_Custom_Campaign.cfg , which is not deleted when you delete the Add-on.

Your copy of the file got corrupted somehow, wether it was by having a unit_type in one of the lists that you no longer have in an add-on (I though I had this dealt with), or through some other fashion it got corrupted (I'd like to find out how so I could fix it).

If you'd like, please post your copy of the above file. From that, I could tell you how to fix it, and I could see the error messages it's kicking up for myself.
I would, but so far I haven't been able to find it.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Thanks!
EDIT: I found it, but now it says the file is too big to add as an attachment.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Finally, here it is.
Attachments
SigurdTheDragon_Custom_Campaign.cfg.7z
(23.4 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.8.2d - Play mp maps with a Persistent

Updated to 0.8.2d
Bugfix to lock down recruit_list from errors with missing unit.
If a faction is missing a unit_type in it's recruit list, the displayed name in the list will be replaced by "MISSING UNIT"
This will allow viewing lists that have missing units, however, do not select entries with missing units to 'view in detail' or for 'using as a faction in a scenario' at the current time, as the missing unit will cause recruiting to not work properly.

@Temuchin Khan - This should fix the errors in viewing the lists, in your case I think it was due to an update to Era of Myths that removed/changed a unit_type, and my code was missing a way to account for that. You should be able to get it working again by downloading the new version, with the above exceptions.

I hope to have another version out within the next week or two that will add some more features, and may or may not have some improvements to the UI.
EDIT - Custom Campaign 0.8.5 will be out after Wesnoth 1.9.9 is out, and will require that version.
Temuchin Khan

Re: Custom Campaign 0.8.2d - Play mp maps with a Persistent

Post by Temuchin Khan »

SigurdTheDragon wrote:Updated to 0.8.2d
Bugfix to lock down recruit_list from errors with missing unit.
If a faction is missing a unit_type in it's recruit list, the displayed name in the list will be replaced by "MISSING UNIT"
This will allow viewing lists that have missing units, however, do not select entries with missing units to 'view in detail' or for 'using as a faction in a scenario' at the current time, as the missing unit will cause recruiting to not work properly.

@Temuchin Khan - This should fix the errors in viewing the lists, in your case I think it was due to an update to Era of Myths that removed/changed a unit_type, and my code was missing a way to account for that. You should be able to get it working again by downloading the new version, with the above exceptions.

I hope to have another version out within the next week or two that will add some more features, and may or may not have some improvements to the UI.
EDIT - Custom Campaign 0.8.5 will be out after Wesnoth 1.9.9 is out, and will require that version.
Thanks!
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.8.5 - Play mp maps with a Persistent A

Updated to version 0.8.5

Improvements made to the unit filters:
-Races now sorted alphabetically by language name
-Move & Level filters now use choice menus like the other filters, instead of text_input
-Liminal added to alignment filter (preparing for BfW 1.9.10, currently does nothing)

List protection:
If you use units from add-ons, and if either deleting or updating the add-on removes units that were being used, the lists will show the unknown-unit.png for missing leaders, and will replace any unit_id that is missing with "MISSING_UNIT". This allows the army and faction lists to still be viewed if units from add-ons become missing.

Traits for leaders:
In creating an army, you can now add traits to customize your leader.

There's also some code tweaks behind the scenes.

Listed as an "Era" now under the Add-ons menu.

For those who wish to copy their Army & Faction lists to their 1.9.9 install, the whole userdata folder can be copied over, or you can just copy the Custom_Campaign.cfg from the userdata/persist folder.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.8.6 - Play MP maps with a Persistent A

Updated to 0.8.6

Added new command "Edit Army Recall List"
- Allows adding any unit to an army's recall list. They can be added with random gender & traits, or with specific ones.
- Under this command, units can be recalled to the map, so you can change things like name.
- Also allows deleting unit by using 'Dismiss Unit' in the Recall box dialog.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.9.0 - Play MP maps with a Persistent A

Version 0.9.0 is up on the 1.9 servers
For Wesnoth 1.9.10 and up only.

Good News:
Did a complete overhaul of the user interface in the Custom Campaign Scenario.
Commands are now grouped in a more organized and (hopefully) intuitive layout.
Rewrote practically everything in Lua.
Full Mulit-Leader Support added. You can have any combination of Leaders or Expendable Leaders. Each leader can have their own extra recruit list, and you can set a filter recall to limit what troops each leader can recall.
Missing units are listed as "----------" instead of "MISSING_UNIT", so this string will not require translation.
Displayed recruit lists are now sorted alphabetically by whatever language is used for display.
Renamed "Edit Army Recall List' to 'Edit Troops'
Added new command 'Change Main Leader'
Added new command 'Edit Recruit'
Added new command ‘Edit Leader Recruit & Recall’
Added new command 'Edit Starting Recall' which lets you set how many troops are recalled at the start of the battle for free.
Added the ability to add Heroes, Leaders, and Expendable Leaders (Under ‘Edit Troops’ - 'Recruit' - 'Fully Customize Unit'). All of these are always recalled for free at the start of a battle.
If you lose any Leaders or Heroes, you lose the battle.
Scenario objectives list the names of any units whose death would cause a loss, along with turns left (if a turn limit is set)
Added simple dialogue for Main Leader at start and enemies defeated events.
The Persistent Data is now stored in userdata/persist/SigurdFireDragon_Custom_Campaign.cfg

Bad news:
Data from previous versions of Custom Campaign is not compatible with version 0.9.0.
Hopefully, the edit-ability and new features for armies will allow players to easily recreate their favorite armies from previous versions.

For those that did update to 0.9.0 and are still on Wesnoth 1.9.9, attached is a copy of the old 0.8.6 version if needed, so you can finish playing out any armies.

This should be all of the features that will be added prior to Wesnoth 1.10. The only thing that remains is some cleanup and polish.

The instructions/explanations throughout the add-on need some refinement, and they'll be revised. Any suggestions regarding this are encouraged. Once this is done, I’ll mark it to be translated for 1.10.
Attachments
Custom_Campaign (0.8.6c).zip
(51.8 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Custom Campaign 0.9.1 - Play MP maps with a Persistent A

Version 0.9.1 is up.

Minor changes, era widgets will now include the Khalifate if you have 'Default + Khalifate' era installed.
GeneralBug

Re: Custom Campaign 0.9.1 - Play MP maps with a Persistent A

Post by GeneralBug »

Whenever I try to edit the leader recruit/recall, if I have more than 4 leaders/expendable leaders, it just comes up with a lua error.