Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mybrodda204

Re: Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Post by Mybrodda204 »

I destroyed them in the reversed order yes it worked thanks,also the banebow basically gains movement instead of losing power if done in the bugged wrong order
Fibon_44

Post by Fibon_44 »

I have the same problem with the gatekeeper. When I destroy the keeps in reverse order, the gatekeeper disappears, but the entry to the cave remains impassable.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Sc5 and Sc6 seem to be missing some movement animations. It's almost as if the units are teleporting around instead of moving.
Sc6 is missing the 'Turns run out' lose condition.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Fixed the missing lose condition. I will do something about movement animations (not sure when though). You can create a pull request in the meantime if you want.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Necrophage can advance to two different versions of the Ghast (probably a legacy from the time when there was no mainline Ghast).
One is the mainline Ghast. The other one has the same description and amount of hp, but has a 3-3 (arcane) ranged attack that poisons. Also using a different sprite. (I believe the solution would be to only give the option to advance to the breath Ghast (who has an animation for his attacks).)

EDIT:
Vengeance is Mine -> Vengeance is mine (that's also the scenarios name and so 'Mine' might be right?)
not inside? -> Not inside?
...ten minutes later -> ...ten minutes later.
James_The_Invisible

I had no idea why there is a custom Ghast until now. Now that mentioned it, I checked it and I see that in Wesnoth 1.8 there was really no Ghast in mainline. But actually it looks like the unit type is not actually used, probably it can be removed.
I think that "Vengeance is Mine" is correct (as name of a scenario).
"Not inside" fixed.
About "ten minutes later" I am not sure if dot is necessary.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

James_The_Invisible wrote: February 12th, 2019, 1:09 am I had no idea why there is a custom Ghast until now. Now that mentioned it, I checked it and I see that in Wesnoth 1.8 there was really no Ghast in mainline. But actually it looks like the unit type is not actually used, probably it can be removed.

About "ten minutes later" I am not sure if dot is necessary.
But the breath attack. D:

My most honest argument is that I think it would look better. :doh:

EDIT:
Isn't the AMLA requirment for the Necrophobia a bit high? 100xp would be normal for a lvl 2 unit (unlike the present 150xp).
James_The_Invisible

Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 7:52 am EDIT:
Isn't the AMLA requirment for the Necrophobia a bit high? 100xp would be normal for a lvl 2 unit (unlike the present 150xp).
Just noticed this. Actually this is already fixed on GitHub. (I should really release a new version soon. I just need to sort out the issue with graphics of higher level zombies.)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I have a possible spillover from The_Gnat's era/mod (Reign of the Lords) (I also informed The_Gnat, as it's quite likely that the problem is on his side, I'm telling you just in case it isn't), it's about a Revenant advancing. I had 3 options. Normal Draug and normal Death Knight (intended options, right?) and Reign of the Lords kind of Death Knight (not intended option) that can advance further.
The question is, how did I get that option? Any ideas?
wuriDM-Vengeance is Mine-Auto-Save44.gz
(89.08 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

EDIT:
I don't think it's necessary for 'Vengeance Is Mine' to calculate an early finish bonus after the end of the scenario (no turn limit).

Also, how about exchanging the silver crowns of the not necessary (but special) units for loyality markers?
Konrad2 wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 11:47 pm Sc5 and Sc6 seem to be missing some movement animations. It's almost as if the units are teleporting around instead of moving.
The same is true for 'The Dead Bondage' (Sc8?) and Retrospection.

Rusty Axe
which is dwarves' called home -> which the dwarves called home
Defeat Enemy Leader -> Defeat the enemy leader

Unit description Necro Sophist
Necro Sohist -> Necro Sophist
after having been dead -> after having died/after dying (?)
James_The_Invisible

Konrad2 wrote: February 19th, 2019, 10:42 pm I have a possible spillover from The_Gnat's era/mod (Reign of the Lords) (I also informed The_Gnat, as it's quite likely that the problem is on his side, I'm telling you just in case it isn't), it's about a Revenant advancing. I had 3 options. Normal Draug and normal Death Knight (intended options, right?) and Reign of the Lords kind of Death Knight (not intended option) that can advance further.
The question is, how did I get that option? Any ideas?
wuriDM-Vengeance is Mine-Auto-Save44.gz
As The_Gnat has already replied I continued in the discussion in his thread.
I don't think it's necessary for 'Vengeance Is Mine' to calculate an early finish bonus after the end of the scenario (no turn limit).
Are there any problems with the bonus if there is no turn limit? I have never looked deeply into it.
Also, how about exchanging the silver crowns of the not necessary (but special) units for loyality markers?
Fixed for Spelk, Pech, Gingly and Neckfrill. Did I miss anyone?
Rusty Axe
which is dwarves' called home -> which the dwarves called home
Defeat Enemy Leader -> Defeat the enemy leader

Unit description Necro Sophist
Necro Sohist -> Necro Sophist
after having been dead -> after having died/after dying (?)
Fixed. Looks like first scenario used Defeat the Enemy Leader and others just Defeat Enemy Leader so I updated also other scenarios to use the former.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

James_The_Invisible wrote: February 20th, 2019, 1:55 pm Are there any problems with the bonus if there is no turn limit? I have never looked deeply into it.
No, it's just weird that it is being calculated. It's more like a small polishable detail?
You can get a Vampire Elder(?) when you confront the Ancient Lich for the first time. But I don't remember if he was one of the necessary units.
James_The_Invisible

Konrad2 wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:39 pm
James_The_Invisible wrote: February 20th, 2019, 1:55 pm Are there any problems with the bonus if there is no turn limit? I have never looked deeply into it.
No, it's just weird that it is being calculated. It's more like a small polishable detail?
I will look closely at its consequences but I will probably change it.
You can get a Vampire Elder(?) when you confront the Ancient Lich for the first time. But I don't remember if he was one of the necessary units.
There is seems to be no last breath/death event for him so he is most likely not necessary so I changed his icon too.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm not sure about that correction, so tell me please whether I'm right. :)

Rotten Forest
took strides toward -> took strides towards

Hmm... ok, We -> Hmm... okay, we

I don't know if you added 'Turns run out' to this scenario yet, but it's certainly not in the one on the add-on server. ^^
James_The_Invisible

I did some research and found out that both words are correct and have the same meaning but toward is American English while towards is British/Australian English. So I will probably keep the former here.
About "Turns run out", it was not released yet.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

About the 'Heart of xxx'
It would be nice if it was explained what it does before you eat it. Also, while I've only seen the elvish one recently, they probably need better explanations (no matter if before or afterwards).

He ate the heart and got ambush, marksman and other elvish feature! -> He ate the heart and got ambush, ranged marksman and other elvish features!

(No idea what those features are except 70% forest def and mp cost = 1)

EDIT:
There is also something wrong with the attack animation of Zombie Mages (fireball).
Before they commence their attack spell, they look for a short moment into the opposite direction of the way they are standing, every time except for their first attack.

EDIT 2:
Falling Sky
Macabre advanced into the desert which Drakes were based in. -> Macabre adavanced into the desert where most of the Drakes were living together with their allied Saurians.

Support Drakes!! -> Support the Drakes!!