Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tamanegi

Re: Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Post by tamanegi »

Hi, we updated the Japanese translation. :D
Danse_Macabre_ja.zip
japanese translation
(53.64 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Thanks!
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Thank YOU :) . I just uploaded it on GitHub and it will be present in next release (its ETA is still end of this month).
Zaromachian

Post by Zaromachian »

Good day everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but I'm afraid I won't stay long; I subscribed because I've been trying to get the soundtrack that plays at the start of the second mission of the "Danse Macabre" campaign.
I tried looking in the game files, but the track is nowhere to be found. What's worse, the folder the game tells me add-ons are supposed to be, doesn't even seem to exist.

I would like to know where I can find it, on my computer or online. If I can and am allowed to, of course.
James_The_Invisible

Hello. That track is not standard Wesnoth music, it is distributed with this campaign. You can find in folder userdata/data/add-ons/Danse_Macabre/music under name 6_East_Meets_West.ogg. Where is userdata located for you, is determined by your OS and Wesnoth version. Details are described here. If that does not help you, you can check out repository of this campaign on GitHub or use a direct link.
Zaromachian

Post by Zaromachian »

Found it :D
Thanks a lot!
James_The_Invisible

It has taken much more time than I expected, but at long last Danse Macabre 1.3 is out (for both Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.13). It contains a good number of patches from Shiki, who is now a collaborator on the GitHub repository.
Before I dive into listing the changes, let me repeat that, unless a serious issue is found/there is update on translations, this the last version for Wesnoth 1.12. New versions will be available only for latest development version and, when it comes out, for Wesnoth 1.14.
So, about changes since previous version now. Firstly, Japanese translation has been updated, thanks to the Japanese translation team. Then, there are many changes to the code, but mostly it was just some cleaning. Though some changes are rather visible, e. g. the campaign now uses strings translated for mainline whenever possible. Also many custom unit types have been deprecated and will be removed completely in the future. Among those types from custom Walking Corpse and Soulless (which will be transformed into regular zombies at start of scenario) and custom unit types for heroes (there is just 1 unit type with variations for every level now). On Wesnoth 1.13, spirit Vita now looks more ghost-like (thanks to SEPIA image path function). Oh, and talking about Vita, she has a portrait now (the old one from Li'sar). Also custom higher level zombies use new mainline portraits on Wesnoth 1.13.
And that is all (worth mentioning).
Karllich

Post by Karllich »

Hi!
I just downloaded Danse campaign ( wesnoth version 1.3.8 ) and managed to get up to the 5th scenario -- lie down in the darkness. Something went wrong from there... I managed to kill the Philosophy all alone on the first turn otherwise he killed me - but at the start of 6th scenario I lost. I suppose I should've died - but I lose game like that. Btw in 5th scenario there is a text which says: Invalid WML found; Animate unit is missing a flag.
It is really interesting work you did here so could you tell me what I did wrong?
James_The_Invisible

Fix for the issue in scenario 5 is on GItHub. During investigating the problem in scenario 6, I discovered that the scenario suffers from the same problem. After fixing that, I can normally play the scenario. Can you (or someone else) confirm that? I will release the patch on the add-ons server then.
Karllich

Post by Karllich »

Oh gosh, thanks - it worked (at least for the fifth scenario), sorry for being a bit late I didnt think you will answer so fast :)
Edit: Yes, even the sixth one works very well now. I thanks you.
James_The_Invisible

Great, thank you. It is on the add-ons server now.
Belgara

Post by Belgara »

Hi,
I'm probably stucked in the last mission (Night of the living dead). I killed both "side" defenders, destroyed altars, received the information that the guard was weakened, but he still has 100% resistances. I'm not sure if I've missed something or made any mistake or it's bug, in any case it is impossible for me to kill him. Any advice? thx

Wesnoth version 1.12.6
Dense Macabre version 1.3.1.
James_The_Invisible

That was indeed a bug. It was a side effect of some of my changes in 1.3.0. Anyway, I uploaded a fix but it will be applied if you start the scenario again (using start of scenario file). Thanks for the report.
Belgara

Post by Belgara »

James_The_Invisible wrote:That was indeed a bug. It was a side effect of some of my changes in 1.3.0. Anyway, I uploaded a fix but it will be applied if you start the scenario again (using start of scenario file). Thanks for the report.
Thank you for fast bugfix!
Belgara

Post by Belgara »

James_The_Invisible wrote:That was indeed a bug. It was a side effect of some of my changes in 1.3.0. Anyway, I uploaded a fix but it will be applied if you start the scenario again (using start of scenario file). Thanks for the report.
it seems that the problem persists.
I updated the campaign and played the scenario again. I tried twice (using start of scenario file and end of previous scenario) with the same result.
James_The_Invisible

This campaign is now on 1.14 add-ons server, it is the same version as on 1.12 and 1.13 servers. Do note, that this is the last version for Wesnoth 1.12, the next version will work only on latest stable version of Wesnoth (whenever it comes out).