Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mikevdg

Re: Undead Campaign: Danse Macabre

Post by mikevdg »

Hi.

I've just played most of Danse Macabre on expert. The first few levels weren't too hard. I had to save scum in a few places, although mostly I honestly just restarted the level with a different strategy.
Spoiler:
The plot is particularly interesting. I skipped to the ending, and I have to say I'm depressingly satisfied :-).

I'd be inclined to rework much of the dialogue. The swear words seem very out of place, and the dialogue is quite rough in comparison to the "official" campaigns. I might be inspired to spend some time on this.
cyber_mouse

Post by cyber_mouse »

Hey, when i try download the campain at the add-on 1.8 server i get a bug. It says:
micro/file REDRAW is missing at ~add-ons/Danse_Macabre/scenarios/02_animal_liberation.cfg : 233 included from ~add-ons/Danse_Macabre/_main.cfg : 109
Someone knows what that means?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

cyber_mouse wrote:Hey, when i try download the campain at the add-on 1.8 server i get a bug. It says:
micro/file REDRAW is missing at ~add-ons/Danse_Macabre/scenarios/02_animal_liberation.cfg : 233 included from ~add-ons/Danse_Macabre/_main.cfg : 109
Someone knows what that means?
That means: - macro-code, that is not defined, is on the scenario file(s).
I think that the error message doesn't show on BfW 1.8, though, even the REDRAW macro is not defined, as long as it is not used on the scenario(s) as well.
So make sure you run correct version of BfW (it should be BfW 1.8.x).
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Indeed, on 1.10 the REDRAW macro was removed from core. The fix for this is quite simple: replace every instance of {REDRAW} with

Code: Select all

[redraw][/redraw]
However, this campaign is meant to be played on 1.8, not 1.10, so there may be other issues as well.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
cyber_mouse

Post by cyber_mouse »

Thx for the speed of the answer.
But i really don't undestand much about codes (and less about english) so...
whats the REDRAW macro? I simple download the add-on and put on C:\Games\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3\userdata\data\add-ons I have no idea what is a macro file. Sorry.
You can help? If i could just download the 1.8 version i could play it just fine.
But i can't find this version for download, just 1.10 and 1.9.
Also i read about something like "update of add-ons" on one of the topics, there have someone how says
he is making contact with the autors to update they campains to the new add-on server.
But since i don't undestant well english i have no idea. (google translator is my hero)
Anyway i love this campain. I have been playd a lot, but i never finish.
Its a shame no one can download't at the add-on server anymore.
Thx for all the help.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

cyber_mouse wrote:Thx for the speed of the answer.
But i really don't undestand much about codes (and less about english) so...
whats the REDRAW macro? I simple download the add-on and put on C:\Games\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.3\userdata\data\add-ons I have no idea what is a macro file. Sorry.
You can help? If i could just download the 1.8 version i could play it just fine.
But i can't find this version for download, just 1.10 and 1.9.
Also i read about something like "update of add-ons" on one of the topics, there have someone how says
he is making contact with the autors to update they campains to the new add-on server.
But since i don't undestant well english i have no idea. (google translator is my hero)
Anyway i love this campain. I have been playd a lot, but i never finish.
Its a shame no one can download't at the add-on server anymore.
Thx for all the help.
cyber_mouse,
this campaign is designed for Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.x, not 1.10.x. Converting it to 1.10 is actually not easy because many files with many codes include on it. I am sure that even the REDRAW macro is defined as well, another error message will show if you run it on BfW 1.10.

But Undead campaigns are less on the server, and I know many players hope to play them. So sooner or later, it will be on 1.10 server (possibly 1.11), I guess.

If you can, sending PM (private message) to the author, kamikaze, and asking him that he plans to update it or not, will be quicker.
But be careful for the kamikaze-attack when you PM him (this is just a jest. He will probably be nice to you :) ).
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
cyber_mouse

Post by cyber_mouse »

Well, i get the joke, but i don't get how exaclit does it help-me.
The danse with macabre is one of the bests campains i ever played and i really wanna try make't work on my computer.
I will try download the 1.8 westnorth version, just in case.
If i had to have the two versions on my pc... Let't be! I'll be happy if anything work.
Thx for all the help, it was very nice.

(Ps: i alread pm the kamikase and If that download thing didn't help, ill send him a bottle of sake, for the last drink).
:lol2:
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

well sorry for the necromacy(undead campaign joke) but i really like to play the campaign on the later version as 1.11.x soo if anyone or the creator could put on that version i would love it. tnx anyway
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Well, neither its author nor maintainer showed up on the the forums for almost 2 years so I do not expect them to do so. But despair not, I have downloaded the campaign and did necessary things to make it run on newer versions of Wesnoth (added the missing REDRAW macro, corrected some typos in macros' names and replaced one no longer existing terrain code with new one). I also "fixed" descriptions of abilities and weapon specials (I removed their name from the first row of their descriptions as it has become deprecated in 1.11.x) so you will not be spammed by these "errors" during playing. But I made to effort to balance it or improve it in any way. Anyhow, the campaign is on add-ons server for 1.11.10+, ready to be downloaded and played on the latest versions of Wesnoth. If anyone discovers any kind of bug, tell me about it and I will fix it as soon as possible (I have not got the time to play the whole campaign yet).
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

after the scenario dead bondage i get an end game error
James_The_Invisible

I see, there was used invalid result for [endlevel]. I uploaded a fix.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

All hail James_The_Invisible for he made it possible for us to play this campaign again!
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi James, there is a small problem: when one of my units takes an item (like a heart), the item doesn't disapear and can be taken again. It was fun at first, I had all my heroes with graet powers and 100% to all resistances, well it was fun until the last scenario... none of my heroes could die so I'm stuck :annoyed: , could you fix it please?
James_The_Invisible

I have finally found the cause of it. There was used now invalid tag [removeitem] which prevented setting a flag (variable) that the item have been taken. I also found out that I forgot to "fix" description of terror ability which was producing a warning during playing the campaign. Fix for both issues is being uploaded on the server now. (But you will need to play again the scenario where the item was dropped for the fix being applied.)