Seven Stones--and Eleven

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Efinari

Seven Stones--and Eleven

Post by Efinari »

Hi, I'm Efinari; and this thread is for the discussion of my campaign, "Seven Stones--and Eleven".

I like hearing from people who have played my campaign. Did you enjoy it? Is there some way it could be improved? Did you encounter any problems? (etc...) One important thing to note when posting a bug report is what version of wesnoth you're using. This campaign was released for both v1.6.5 and v1.8.5, and I don't know if it might allow you to download it for some other version, and that might cause problems.

Just say whatever comes to mind, and I'll take the advice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently there are a few known bugs:

Several people have reported a bad ending for the first playable scenario (Acceptance). Apparently all the heros except for the leader (Ska Rediks, the Hurricane Drake) disappear. I originally thought that it could be caused by killing the enemy leader, which should cause defeat. However, I came across another report, and it said that the player had not killed the enemy leader, just as the objectives state.

I have been unable to reproduce the bug, so any input would be most welcome. Did you play that scenario and find it to work fine? Did you notice that the sequence of who was across the river was important to whether the bug occured? Please let me know.

----------------------------------------
Also, there is a bonus scenario (I'm not saying how to reach it :) )

If you have more than one unit at the top of the screen in "Lavapits", all but one will disappear. This is rather wierd, and I have been unable to determine what causes it. It's not a major bug, and the scenario is perfectly playable if you are careful not to have more than one unit standing in the top row (y=1) at a time. If you are worried, just make sure that you have all your units at the start of every turn.
(I'm also not as concerned about this because this is the bonus scenario, and it's not even given that you're going to be playing it.)
Kallin Efinari
---Creator of "LOTE Unit Release", "7p - Afterwards", and "Chain Lightning"
(Working on 1.12 port of "7p - Afterwards")
Managing compatibility between 4000K people's ideas of what happens? Forget it!
ydcl

Re: Seven Stones--and Eleven

Post by ydcl »

Is there, I guess a repeat of the problem, in "acceptance" scenario.
Attachments
SSaE-Acceptance-Sauvegarde_automatique11.gz
(32.15 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Efinari

Re: Seven Stones--and Eleven

Post by Efinari »

Okay, something is definitely wrong here. I'm seeing it end with only 7 units (missing 6), and Blum Duk is still on the other side of the river.

About the only thing I noticed that differs from my solution is that I usually move the units en mass across the river. I hold them all below the grass until the last turn, and then I move them all on at once.

I'm also getting a bunch of messages saying something about being out of sync, which might be due to the bug as well.

The units disappearing and not even saying anything can be tied to the bug mentioned above, in the bonus scenario. I can't find anything in either scenario file to cause this bug, so it's probably in one of the highly-complicated macros. Considering the problems I had writing it, I might say Dreamwalk; but actually, since I spent so much effort making it, it's less likely to have a bug.

Since no death event was fired, I'm assuming a wrogue [store_unit] tag. I'll get to parsing the save file to see what variable they're stored in--that will give me a clue as to where it's coming from.

........................................................................................................... ... .. .. . .. . . .. . . ... .. . . ... . .. . .. .
And...the save file tells me nothing. The other units are gone; just whisked off the map. Sounds more like a wroge [kill] tag, with 'fire_event' set to 'no'. I'll have to see how many there are. hang on another instant.........

I just had a brainstorm! How does 1.8.5 treat the [store_unit] tag with regard to the 'kill' option? I know that 1.6.5's default was 'kill=no', so if you didn't call it the unit would stay. But if 1.8.5's default is 'kill=yes', then that might be a problem.

I also made a less complicated thing to check if you're across the river. The modified scenario file is attached. I don't want to modifiy the posted campaign until some people have played this file and ensured that it is actually an improvement. :)
02_Acceptance.cfg
Modified version of "02_Acceptance.cfg"
(6.66 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Kallin Efinari
---Creator of "LOTE Unit Release", "7p - Afterwards", and "Chain Lightning"
(Working on 1.12 port of "7p - Afterwards")
Managing compatibility between 4000K people's ideas of what happens? Forget it!