Li'sar changing sides

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

methinks

Post by methinks »

Oh no, bloody grin again <lol> (no offence j/k).

Well it does contain both already so consider it a succes :D
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Well,

- Konrad is not gay
- In CVS, Li'sar is the Queen's biological daughter. This would make her Konrad's first cousin. In Wesnoth, as on earth, cousins do not generally marry.
- I am interested in expanding the escapades with Li'sar. Making it that she opposes the player in several scenarios, not just one, before finally agreeing to join the player. The player should get a sense of rivalry with her, before she joins.

David
methinks

Post by methinks »

I'm happy with him being straight, heh.
If she really is first cousin than it's fine but well, even more strange things do happen on earth :P

And expanding plot with Li'sar would be sooo good. But what about this survival thing, she is spared only once, would player have to loos the level or will it be sth. like survive the scenario :)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

methinks wrote:I'm happy with him being straight, heh.
If she really is first cousin than it's fine but well, even more strange things do happen on earth :P
Yes, but this is a relatively innocent, cartoony game. We're not going to put incest into it :)
methinks wrote: And expanding plot with Li'sar would be sooo good. But what about this survival thing, she is spared only once, would player have to loos the level or will it be sth. like survive the scenario :)
My current thoughts are:

- at the Ford of Abez, Li'sar is the southern enemy, determined to block Konrad from crossing the river. She has chased him here, and does not want to let him leave Wesnoth. It'd be impossible to kill her. When you get away, she decides she should ford the river too, but she will obviously have trouble with the sea creatures and northern orcs.
- Li'sar does manage to ford the river, but many of her men are killed or routed. She is ambushed by mountain trolls, and is in danger. The player sees her, and Konrad wants to leave her, but Delfador insists they rescue her [1]. After they rescue her, she agrees to join them.

Hopefully it'll be more convincing that she'd join them now that they've both spared her life, and saved her life, and she is now alone in the wild north lands. Perhaps she is still suspicious of their intentions though, and there could be some animosity for a while. Also, Delfador might be worried that she is intending to take the Sceptre of Fire for herself.

David

[1] We could even give the player a choice to rescue her or not. If the player chooses not to, that scenario isn't played, the player goes onto a different scenario, Li'sar manages to escape, and opposes the player in a later scenario too, before finally agreeing to join.
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

Dave wrote:
methinks wrote:I'm happy with him being straight, heh.
Yes, but this is a relatively innocent, cartoony game. We're not going to put incest into it :)
These kind of marriages where normal in midde ages among royalty. Anyway, I prefer not seeing marriages in Wesnoth :)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

They could be not family.
Just if Li'Sar isnt the daughter of the dead king (maybe a later selfish affair of the queen...or just an orphan adopted)
This could be revealed in a plot thist (like a letter from her exiled father or some witness of the slauther or her real parents)
methinks

Post by methinks »

Are we talking about a new Soap Opera script? Dynasty 5787932 perhaps? C'mon it is this game where will be NO guns AT ALL and no freaked out marraiges, right Dave, right? Father, tell so, pls :P

Anywa, heh.

What about Valley of Death you intended on skipping Li'Sar coming with aid? What about making it easier by Li'Sar coming with some gold (and this already useful of herself coming and her 2 white mages, also spearmen help, they can kill walking corpse in one turn, heh, if luckily of course).
Still it is quite better idea than previous one to solve problem of her changing mind.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

methinks wrote:Are we talking about a new Soap Opera script?
Bad luck for you, the game has already a Soap Opera script !!!! :twisted:
And I was planning to add some character named ...... JR. with a large white cowboy hat and .... 2 huge GUNS!!!!
Muhahahahaha...hahahaha....
hahaha

ha

nahh just kidding
methinks

Post by methinks »

fmunoz wrote: nahh just kidding
You almost got me :P
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

methinks wrote:Are we talking about a new Soap Opera script? Dynasty 5787932 perhaps? C'mon it is this game where will be NO guns AT ALL and no freaked out marraiges, right Dave, right? Father, tell so, pls :P
I won't guarantee you no gun or gun-like objects at all, however I will guarantee that there will be no 'freaked out' marriages.

David
zwol

tangentially,

Post by zwol »

suggest reducing the size of Li'sar's breasts in her dialogue picture, and giving her somewhat more realistic armor. I don't think the present hyper-anime-babe style fits with the rest of the game.
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

it's fashion!