Inky's Quest - The Cuttlefish Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

caoraivoso3

Re: Inky's Quest - The Cuttlefish Campaign

Post by caoraivoso3 »

Telchin wrote:@caoraivoso3 -Thanks for your kind words. I' m glad that you enjoyed my campaign and I like your idea of adding more sea monsters (note that you already get Giant clams in the campaign). Unfortunately adding new scenarios (let alone a whole sequel campaign) is pretty much out of question right now. As mentioned numerous time in this thread, I'm finishing my law study and while I have only a few exams left, they're going to be the hardest ones (that's like with boss battles in videogames ;) ). I'll have enough time for small updates (like fixing bugs or adding new translations), but probably not for implementing any bigger changes. While I have some ideas for further Wesnoth related projects (not necessarily involving cephalopodes), they'll have to waith until I get my master's degree.
yeah you should have your studies first that's what you need to put bread on your belly and good luck for your studies
TreefeedXavier

Post by TreefeedXavier »

I`ll start translate this campaign to Russian, but when compile pot-fife, it throw exception in utils/abilities.cfg (in 28 line). I any way receive pot, but without abilities strings, so start translation, but also wait your fix it.

UPD: translation ready (in part, that can be extracted to .pot) - I ask author/maintainer add it to campaign.
Also admit - it`s very funny & good UMC.
Attachments
Inky_Quest.tar.bz2
Russian translation
(75.84 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Russian translation of UMC`s for you, including: A_Rough_Life, Ooze-Mini, The White Troll, Inky's Quest & many others. If you find any translation errors in UMC - contact me.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Version 1.4.3 released! It's same as 1.4.2 except for the Russian translation provided by TreefeedXavier above. Inky's Quest is thus avaible in five languages (two of them even use non-Latin alphabets). So kudos to Treefeedxavier and othe translators. :)
In other news - during the Chrismas holidays my Windows XP decided to commit suicide. I was without my computer for some time and lost some data. Fortunately for Inky's fans it's fixed now and Inky's Quest survived unscathed (thus I was able to update it as mentioned above).
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Inky's Quest v.1.4.3 (Wesnoth v. 1.12.0, Normal Difficulty)

Hey, just wanted to say this was a really fun and original campaign. (Inky from Dead Water is my favorite Wesnoth character, and this Inky is just as awesome!).

I didn't come across any bugs or balancing issues, just a few typos (I left out the ones already mentioned previously by TheScribe):
Spoiler:
By the way, I absolutely loved the dialogue, especially Ravyan's dialogue in The old lich and the sea. Thanks for an amusing campaign!
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Thanks for your feedback, Inky! I'm glad that you liked my campaign (thought with that username you're bound to :D ) I've released new version (1.4.4) that should fix those typos (I'm not sure if it doesn't break some of the translations, as I haven't tested it).
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Unfortunately, update of texts usually break translations. :( So please update japanese translation! :D
Inky_Quest_ja.zip
japanese(ja) translation
(132.46 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
In addition, warnings during extracting texts reported by TreefeedXavier can be avoided by addiing comment lines (or directive to wmlxgettext) like below. Of course, these kinds of comment lines do nothing when playing because they are just comment lines!

Code: Select all

[dummy]
  id=attraction
  name= _ "attraction"
  female_name= _ "female^attraction"
  description= _ "Attraction: This unit halves movement of all enemies that start their turn next to it."
[/dummy]
# wmlxgettext: [abilities]
[/abilities]
I had to add 6 comment lines in abilities.cfg to remove warnings completely, the modified file is also attached here.
modified_abilities.cfg
abilities.cfg avoiding wmlxgettext warnings
(4.73 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
Adding comment lines does not break translations. :) So please update utils/abilities.cfg if you admit. ;)
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Version 1.4.5 - I've added the updated Japanese translation and abilities as provided by tamanegi in the above post.
I'll need some help with other translations - I know that updating a .po file needs a .pot file, but I don't know how to make one. The wiki seems to have some intructions, but they seem to be for Linux users (or I'm just thick-headed).
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

It is possible to create .pot files on Windows, but it's not so easy. If you wanna try, this aquileia's comment and script might be very helpful. You have to install some additional software (at least perl) and have to modify the script manually, though.

Anyway, i can give you a .pot file of the latest version! :D
wesnoth-Inky_Quest.pot.zip
(33.54 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
(... in my experience, fuzzy matching of msgmerge is not so smart... :( )
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Thanks! I've updated the Czech translation (version 1.4.6) and some lines might be more eloquent in Czech than in English (as the former is my native language). That said the German and Russian translation are still not updated as I don't speak those languages (well, I speak a bit German, but not remotely enough to translate the campaign). As for your suggestions on the creation of .pot files, I might look into it, but currently I'm more occupied with trying to get my master degree (my next exam is in May).
TreefeedXavier

Post by TreefeedXavier »

Russian Translate - done update.
Attachments
Inky_Quest.tar.bz2
(87.13 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Russian translation of UMC`s for you, including: A_Rough_Life, Ooze-Mini, The White Troll, Inky's Quest & many others. If you find any translation errors in UMC - contact me.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

I should apologize to TreefeedXavier for ignoring his (?) update of the Russian translation for a whole week :oops: . The truth is that my notebook broke down and I also still had some boring school stuff to do (I passed my state exam from criminal and administrative law :) , but I still have one from civil and trade law to undergo in September). Fortunately, I got a new (and better) notebook and I had a backup copy of Inky's Quest. However, I'm not sure how up-to-date said copy was, so it's possible that while I've updated the campaign on the server with TreefeedXavier's updated translation (version 1.4.7), some features might be lost or somebugs reintroduced. If you find something you can tell me in this thread as always (it might take some time before I check this thread agin though :hmm: )
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

I like your campaign a lot :) (because of the idea) so much, that i gave them a whole faction in my era 8), oh, and if you are interested, i managed to find their walking anim in WotG and made them a filter that will prevent them from using it on water, here is a version i use in my era (in case you want to use it):
Spoiler:
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I played this campain few years ago, and yesterday and today again. Yeah goddamit, I like it. First I was really afraid when I found out, it hase been translated into the czech language (month ago I quit playing of one emainline campaing because of terrible translation), but it was awesome! Funny, new cool units. Especialy I liked the unit with plague attack.... yeah one of coolest campaings!
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

I played this campain few years ago, and yesterday and today again. Yeah goddamit, I like it. First I was really afraid when I found out, it hase been translated into the czech language (month ago I quit playing of one emainline campaing because of terrible translation), but it was awesome! Funny, new cool units. Especialy I liked the unit with plague attack.... yeah one of coolest campaings!
Thanks for your kind words. :) I haven't updated it in a while, both because I think it's "feature complete" and because of chronic lack of time (first I was finishing my Master degree and now I have my first job). I still check this forum every now and then, so if you find any bugs or have any other contribution feel free to post it.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

*sweeps off the cobwebs* Rise up thread! Rise from the depths of the forum again!
Hello, I've been on a break from Wesnoth for over a year (I finished my Master's degree and got a new job), but I've decided to update my campaign for the new stable version (1.14). However, I've run into a problem and need an advice of someone better informed. :( The game told me there was an unexpected character in the beggining of some row of the attached file and my atempts to fix it at first only changed the number of alleged faulty row (last time it was 457) and then it failed to load the scenario altogether. I suppose the problem is due to deprecation of FOREACH macro and my atempts to replace it with the new [for] action. It is also possible that the problém is elsewhere (maybe even in a different file than the game claimed). For now I'll attach the probable faulty file and wait for someone's response. :hmm:
Attachments
flood.cfg
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 471 times