Inky's Quest - The Cuttlefish Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheScribe

Re: Inky's Quest - The Cuttlefish Campaign

Post by TheScribe »

I downloaded it today, so I'm pretty sure I have the newest version. There aren't many typos, but a few.

There are two options. 1. I go through the campaign and find the typos. (default option if you don't respond) 2. You post the dialouge or the code and I fix it up and post it here.

Your choice.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

@TheScribe
I suggest the option 1 (i.e. the default option). I'd like my campaign to be bug-free, but I'm going to do a practice in a court (I'm studying law) next week, so I might not have much time to respond or fix the typos. So take your time, enjoy the campaign and if you find any typos, post them.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Telchin wrote:@TheScribe
I suggest the option 1 (i.e. the default option). I'd like my campaign to be bug-free, but I'm going to do a practice in a court (I'm studying law) next week, so I might not have much time to respond or fix the typos. So take your time, enjoy the campaign and if you find any typos, post them.
Okay. I might be a while, but apparently so will you. When I finish it I'll post the results.

P.S. Good luck on your studies :D
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

And, sadly, I found more issues:

- You forgot to update the textdomain binding in _main.cfg
- Scenario four’s file’s name has a space in it; convert it to an underscore (_)
- The following files aren’t bound to any domain: IQ_Saurian_Thunderer.cfg, IQ_Eyestalk.cfg; IQ_Blind_Seer.cfg
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

The following files aren’t bound to any domain: IQ_Saurian_Thunderer.cfg, IQ_Eyestalk.cfg; IQ_Blind_Seer.cfg
I can't find anything wrong with these files, they seem to use the same domain as the rest. What am I doing wrong?
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

TheScribe wrote: There are two options. 1. I go through the campaign and find the typos. (default option if you don't respond) 2. You post the dialouge or the code and I fix it up and post it here.
If you play it, you already have all code you need.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

xudojnik wrote:If you play it, you already have all code you need.
Not really, as there is a bug with the add-ons server that compresses all the code into four lines and makes it really hard to read.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

/wesnoth/1.10/data/add-ons/Inky_Quest
contains the scenario cfgs you can edit.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Telchin wrote:
The following files aren’t bound to any domain: IQ_Saurian_Thunderer.cfg, IQ_Eyestalk.cfg; IQ_Blind_Seer.cfg
I can't find anything wrong with these files, they seem to use the same domain as the rest. What am I doing wrong?
It appears that the tool I’m using doesn’t like it when there’re byte order marks right before the bindings. I don’t know if their presence will cause problems, but, if you want, I could send you BOM-less copies of the files in question.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

It appears that the tool I’m using doesn’t like it when there’re byte order marks right before the bindings. I don’t know if their presence will cause problems, but, if you want, I could send you BOM-less copies of the files in question.
That would be nice, because I don't know what byte order marks are, or how to create or delete them.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Espreon sent me the improved files, so I released version 1.2.3 that should be hopefully translatable now. That said, given that this is already my third atempt, I wouldn't be surprised if there are still bugs. Either way tell me.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Congratulations, all is well now. You should be able to download po files for your campaign from gettext.wesnoth.org very soon.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Crow_T wrote:/wesnoth/1.10/data/add-ons/Inky_Quest
contains the scenario cfgs you can edit.
As I said before: bug
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

TheScribe wrote: As I said before: bug
QFT
shadowmaster wrote:If the contents of an add-on seem to vary, odds are there’s something going on with the line ending format of the files. If this is only text editors messing with your perception of the file contents, it’s all good — if it’s the add-ons server or client’s fault, then it’s a
rather grave regression and I’d be surprised no-one has filed a bug yet after all this time.
Blame your text-editor.
Windows Notepad - fails
Crimson Editor - ok
Visual Studio 2008 -ok
Visual Studio 2010 - ok
Google Chrome - ok (unable to edit, but it opens correctly)

You can try Netbeans (PHP version will be enough - 47 mb of space and full functionality for simple tasks) or Eclipse (standalone version designed special for wesnoth), or any other text-editor, what is able to convert Unix endings to windows.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

After looking at the .po file at WesCamp, I'v noticed, that I forgot to mark some sentences for translation :oops: , so I released version 1.2.4 that should fix it. Sorry for any inconvinience on the part of potential tranlsators.