Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

white_haired_uncle

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by white_haired_uncle »

To clarify on the dragon rider, working from memory
Spoiler:
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Dugi wrote:
MarcinB wrote: June 24th, 2019, 10:41 am Champion and Shadowwalker have mistakes in their advancements.

3rd AMLA for shadow wave(shadow walker only) gives +1 damage to arcane attacks(it should give +1 to shadow wave)
if Your shadow walker will be equipped with holy sword... he will gain +1 to melee attack and +1 to shadow wave

2nd AMLA for crossbow gives +2 damage to all pierce attacks
if Your shadow walker(and/or champion) will be equipped with thorn sword... he will gain +2 damage to melee attack and crossbow attack
Wrong. The damage-changing effects of items are applied after AMLA, so those advancements filter accordingly to the original damage types.
You are right. My bad.

When Your unit advances You will have wrong information. It will look as if You should gain more.
When my shadowwalker with Holy Sword gained level "Advance Menu" was opened. Here i had wrong information. It was looking as if I should gain +1 to damage to my sabre attack.
That was a reason why I thought that this will work. I didn't pick this advancement.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 24th, 2019, 10:46 pm To clarify on the dragon rider, working from memory
Aha, that's what you meant. I fixed it.
MarcinB wrote: June 25th, 2019, 6:33 am
Dugi wrote:...
You are right. My bad.

When Your unit advances You will have wrong information. It will look as if You should gain more.
When my shadowwalker with Holy Sword gained level "Advance Menu" was opened. Here i had wrong information. It was looking as if I should gain +1 to damage to my sabre attack.
That was a reason why I thought that this will work. I didn't pick this advancement.
The advancement effect display is often incorrect. I am thinking about reimplementing it once, which is the only way to fix that issue.
DrLocustTickler

Post by DrLocustTickler »

Dugi wrote: June 24th, 2019, 10:32 pm
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 16th, 2019, 2:05 pm Unfortunately, after updating LOTI recently, I'm unable to put any items in my inventory on some of the saved games (ie. games saved before the LOTI update). The action seems to work OK with some scenarios, such as beginning a new LOTI campaign, but my pre-update saves in the Inferno chapter are buggered.

I'm running the game on Windows 10, Wesnoth 1.14.3, and the bug appeared upon updating to LOTI 3.2.4d.
Did you really mean buggered :lol:
3.2.4d is a very old version and keeping such old saves compatible would be very tedious. It just won't work properly. You can upload one and I will empty your inventory, which should remove the issue.
Haha I'm a British Terry Pratchett fan so I really did mean buggered.

What is the newest version? i downloaded the beta which is 3.2.4.1[etc] but can''t see a stable version later than 3.2.4d on the Wesnoth addons.

I've attached the latest save. Would you do me the favour of emptying the inventory? i can't face the hours it would take to get to this point in inferno again ;)
Attachments
LotI2-Gathering Alcove-Auto-Save6.gz
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 281 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

DrLocustTickler wrote: June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm Haha I'm a British Terry Pratchett fan so I really did mean buggered.
Aha, okay then. I didn't expect anyone to use that word in this millennium.
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm What is the newest version? i downloaded the beta which is 3.2.4.1[etc] but can''t see a stable version later than 3.2.4d on the Wesnoth addons.
I have made a mistake. 3.2.4 is really the latest version. I thought I saw 3.1.4 or something.
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm I've attached the latest save. Would you do me the favour of emptying the inventory? i can't face the hours it would take to get to this point in inferno again ;)
Here it is. The inventory is emptied.
LotI2-Gathering Alcove-Auto-Save6.gz
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
Atanase

Post by Atanase »

Hello,

Dugi, no matter, I found, with some help, how to create the .pot completely.
I translated nearly 35% with no real problem.

I must play in the same time to understand who talk to who (male, female, singular, plural,....) it is a few slower than I thought and I will need a little more time but I will finish. ;)
Celui qui dans la vie, est parti de zéro pour n'arriver à rien dans l'existence n'a de merci à dire à personne.
Pierre Dac
DrLocustTickler

Post by DrLocustTickler »

Dugi wrote: June 29th, 2019, 8:46 pm
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm Haha I'm a British Terry Pratchett fan so I really did mean buggered.
Aha, okay then. I didn't expect anyone to use that word in this millennium.
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm What is the newest version? i downloaded the beta which is 3.2.4.1[etc] but can''t see a stable version later than 3.2.4d on the Wesnoth addons.
I have made a mistake. 3.2.4 is really the latest version. I thought I saw 3.1.4 or something.
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm I've attached the latest save. Would you do me the favour of emptying the inventory? i can't face the hours it would take to get to this point in inferno again ;)
Here it is. The inventory is emptied.LotI2-Gathering Alcove-Auto-Save6.gz
Thanks! Use 'buggered' in your next story!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is there a chance that the version numbering of the beta version has grown so long, that it doesn't fit into the version number 'field'? Apparently it uploaded a new version, but it seems to have the same numbering -> it doesn't show as upgradable add-on.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Atanase wrote: June 29th, 2019, 10:57 pm I must play in the same time to understand who talk to who (male, female, singular, plural,....) it is a few slower than I thought and I will need a little more time but I will finish. ;)
I think it can't be avoided. The guy who made the German translation, Chewan, also had to play through the campaign. On the other hand, if you understand some German, you might try to use the German version to determine the singular/plural and gender thing (unless it's something referred to as it, but that should be rare).
DrLocustTickler wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 8:09 pm
Dugi wrote: June 29th, 2019, 8:46 pm...
Thanks! Use 'buggered' in your next story!
I think the original meaning of that word is a little bit too obscene for the usual atmosphere of the story.
Konrad2 wrote: July 11th, 2019, 7:03 am Is there a chance that the version numbering of the beta version has grown so long, that it doesn't fit into the version number 'field'? Apparently it uploaded a new version, but it seems to have the same numbering -> it doesn't show as upgradable add-on.
I have contacted the guy who was writing an overhaul of the inventory panel, for whom I was waiting with the update. I agree that the update is being postponed for too long.
WawanIkhwan

Post by WawanIkhwan »

Wow this campaign still develop, 10years ago but still alive...

Btw thanks for your campaign, it so dramatically with story, i need 2week to complete the chapter
Noxxer18

Post by Noxxer18 »

Hey Dugi,

this campaign really is awesome. But right now I am facing some difficulties. I am currently at the Level Escape in Chapter 5 but when I want to start the szenario an error instantly pops up and I have lost the scenario.

I attached a screenshot of the error below.

I would love to keep playing this campaign. So i would be very grateful if someone can help me with this problem.

Greetings,
Marius
Attachments
Baatle for Wesnoth_Error.PNG
Atanase

Post by Atanase »

Hello

Some news from the french translation front:

The first part (chapters 1 to 5) is finished. Re-read by another player would be usable.

Regarding the time needed to complete the work, my first estimates were based on playable scenarii in 1 to 2 hours. Currently some of them need 10 to 12 hours, so the forecasts were obviously optimistic. ;)

I encounter some small problems with the 3 'domains' used. I retrieved all the texts in the .pot, but I can not make them coexist in the game. Some texts from the domain wesnoth-units do not appear, even though they have been translated.

If another french-speaker player is interested by this translation, I would be happy to work with him. Just send me a message.

Have a good day.
Celui qui dans la vie, est parti de zéro pour n'arriver à rien dans l'existence n'a de merci à dire à personne.
Pierre Dac
ubertechie74

Post by ubertechie74 »

I am playing through this for the first time and cannot get past the Army of Darkness mission.

Whenever i complete my turn the ai starts to take its turn and then the game bombs out.

I have Wesnoth v1.14.7 and the latest version of the Campaign and am playing the game on an Ipad

Is there anything i can do to try and fix this ? - i have restarted the game and restarted my device several times and the same thing happens continuously

Thanks in advance
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

You can try to turn on "Skip AI Moves" in Preferences -> General. That might help.
ubertechie74

Post by ubertechie74 »

Hi - thanks for the rapid reply- I have already tried that and it does not make any difference