Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
19%
Reaper
8%
Scythemaster
5%
Shadowalker
5%
Shadow Prince
12%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
1%
Snow Hunter
12%
Soul Shooter
4%
Swordmaster
17%
Troll Boulderlobber
No votes
Warlock
7%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
1%

Total votes: 75

Crow_T

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Crow_T »

BUG: Dark aura also poisons your own units
I haven't seen this, if you mean by Dark aura = darkens. My unit with the Dagger of Sicarii is not affecting friendlies.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

dark aura is an aura that should poison all enemy adjancent units, but do with your own too
btw, it seems that happens with the most items (effect all)

issue: in Chapter 6, the every unit get in the recall list the weapon special "poison" (both melee and range), seems like you hadnt wiped it out completly yet :D

"Across the Barren Land": sometimes the computer turns take over 2 minutes :/ and when its my turn everything seems to react a second later then it shoud

btw: how do the marauder troops spwan? i have seen that individual units spawn at some points on the map, but i think its different with the troops

2.btw: its kinda surprising to come to a place and see that enemys are batteling all over the place, or seeing a lot items and gems on the ground, makes it really exciting, especially if you play delay shrouds lifting :D (you make a normal move, then shroud is lifting and you see a huge battle between orcs and saurians or undead and orcs/outlaws) :DD
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

In Chapter 5, Soldiers Quarter the transition into "Entrance" seems to have the x and y co-ordinates messed up.

It should be:
{TRANSITION 19-24,0-2 21,1 "Entrance" 08_Entrance}
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

cantor and freezing aura dont functionate (in Chapter 6 for sure, i dont know about the other chapters)
DeLoN555

Post by DeLoN555 »

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to get past the Underground campaign where you have to find the northern exit
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

in the 6. chapter, when i level efraim the first time, there are the possibilities to make your chill tempest stronger/better casted
but i have not learned chill tempest yet

edit: question: why does efraim have to devour 45 souls for a new ability, but Lethalia only 30?
It happened as it was supposed to happen on my machine. Anyway, it seems he got some wrong advancements, can you please send me the save files to check it out? Technically, they were both supposed to need 30 souls to eat, but both of them had a certain initial advancement; Efraim had chill wave (but he was unable to use it, because it was the same as Wave of Fear) and Lethalia had healing. Something went wrong there, but I am unable to replicate it.
BUG: Dark aura also poisons your own units
Does not seem to happen on the latest version, and I remember fixing that bug.
after efraim becomes a lich, he can be horrobilly hurt by attacking enimies. He loses all but a few HP if hit. In some mission the same happens to lethelia or delly.
Not sure which scenario. When he became a lich, Delly was not nearby. And did you mean that he takes a lot of damage just from relatively low resistances or something that looks like damage reflected? Which scenario it was?
issue: in Chapter 6, the every unit get in the recall list the weapon special "poison" (both melee and range), seems like you hadnt wiped it out completly yet
Yeah, forgot to remove poison's visibility, the rest seems okay. Fixed
"Across the Barren Land": sometimes the computer turns take over 2 minutes :/ and when its my turn everything seems to react a second later then it shoud

btw: how do the marauder troops spwan? i have seen that individual units spawn at some points on the map, but i think its different with the troops

2.btw: its kinda surprising to come to a place and see that enemys are batteling all over the place, or seeing a lot items and gems on the ground, makes it really exciting, especially if you play delay shrouds lifting (you make a normal move, then shroud is lifting and you see a huge battle between orcs and saurians or undead and orcs/outlaws) D
You've explained the reason for the 2 minutes' waiting times yourself. It takes the computer some time to make the enemies fight each other, and so on. I wanted to place there a scenario where you can roam a land, fight or just let the enemies fight each other, taking a distance from the battle. Its cost was the time these battles take to take place under the shroud, so I made only one scenario like it.
The delays when you move are some kind of bad computation in Wesnoth engine (although it takes less than a half-second on my machine, dunno why exactly), there are workaround, but it is making things worse. Enemies were supposed to activate if you move 25 hexes from them, but the game actually calculates the distance to all places where something can happen, and that takes so long. The workaround would be that there would be a few squares that make enemies appear in their centres when you walk in them, but this would mean that depending on your direction, they may appear 25 hexes from you, or even over 35 hexes from you. I will probably redo it to this, however.
With marauder spawn, I think you meant the spawn with a Blackguard leader. There are about 15 random spawns and 5 spawns with a leader that are not random. One of them has Blackguard as leader.
In Chapter 5, Soldiers Quarter the transition into "Entrance" seems to have the x and y co-ordinates messed up.
Fixed.

I have not made an update yet, I want to make a final update before writing chapter 7, and some questions are not answered yet.
cantor and freezing aura dont functionate (in Chapter 6 for sure, i dont know about the other chapters)
Cantor works. But the weapon special no longer shows up, because I disabled it to prevent it from appearing on the recall list. However, the chance to hit of ranged attacks of adjacent allies is still 60% or more. Tested the same with charge.
I was able to slow adjacent enemies with freezing aura. If it didn't work properly in a particular scenario, the enemy sides were possibly wrongly configured to work with special abilities. Which scenario it was?
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to get past the Underground campaign where you have to find the northern exit
The red, glowing runes indicate the wrong ways.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

LotI-RoLE-dialog.jpg
06_The_Ruins_of_Lost_Empires.cfg: Line 366: message= _ "Damn, I know it. But how can we find him without fighting their their huge army?"
LotI-RoD-description.jpg
LotI-RoD-description.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
Probably should be "your"; or "its"?

Edit: if you could add similar descriptions for all the "GEARED" stuff, that would be great! :D
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

06_The_Ruins_of_Lost_Empires.cfg: Line 366: message= _ "Damn, I know it. But how can we find him without fighting their their huge army?"
Fixed.
Probably should be "your"; or "its"?
Changed it to 'your', but the description of deathaura is merely an altered description of healing (the whole ability is just a healing with a negative value, affecting enemies instead of allies).
Edit: if you could add similar descriptions for all the "GEARED" stuff, that would be great!
I don't understand what exactly you mean. Its description is for now 'Geared: This unit is carrying some items. This is just to let you see it on the recall list.' If some units don't have it, they will get it by time. You want to make it list all items? If that's the case, I am not gonna do it, the purpose of that 'Geared' trait is that it makes you notify which unit on the recall list has items, right-click inventory and overlays are for that.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i just misread the freezing aura description :D

to cantor: was irritated that it didnt showed up in the battle calculator of adjancent units
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Hi Dugi,
Dugi wrote:
after efraim becomes a lich, he can be horrobilly hurt by attacking enimies. He loses all but a few HP if hit. In some mission the same happens to lethelia or delly.
Not sure which scenario. When he became a lich, Delly was not nearby. And did you mean that he takes a lot of damage just from relatively low resistances or something that looks like damage reflected? Which scenario it was?
I can confirm this bug. It seems to affect all preserved liches. It happens if they do a melee attack and have full HP. If they land a hit, they loose about 80-90% of their HP. It doesn't happen, if they don't have full HP. I'm just at the end of Chapter One. It hapens to Efraim, Lethalia and Argan after he became a lich in the Battle of Ogira.

Could it be that books don't work? I found a "Tome of Liches". If the character get killed, he ist dead but not undead. I found a "Book of Magical Swordplay" and a "Book of Herbal Tinctures and Malignancies" as well and both didn't show any effects. But in these two cases I don't know, which are the effects.

Another thing is the "Foul Potion". It sets the HP to 1/1. This makes the Potion IMHO pretty useless, since it's very difficult to bring a character to a decent level of HP.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

the books only give alternate advancements when the uit is at max lvl

tome of the lich: after several advancements your unit learns to transform once into a lich if it dies

Herbal Tinctures: something with bein able to heal :D

Magical Swordsplay: learn to fight "like a fencer" = moreattacks and stronger and chance getting hit decreased

Foul potion:seems to decrease max hp, but if you kill a unit you get 3 max hp

i think the intention was to decrease the life, but not max hp :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please provide me some save files? I was unable to replicate any of the two problems, the one with Foul Potion and the one with damage when preserved liches hit.

The Foul Potion was not supposed to work like Konrad2 said, that was in a very early version, but now, it is supposed to add 3 to maximum hp and 8+3 to current hp when the unit killed something, and take increasing amounts of hitpoints when the unit did not kill anything (the number of turns it hasn't killed anything). Standing next to a healer did not reset the kill lack count, but in that turn, the hunger will not increase and no hitpoints will be lost. All its effects wear off when the unit advances (like with any other potion). However, the increase in hitpoints remained (but the decrease didn't), until I fixed it now. I haven't experienced it decreasing its max hitpoints to 1, only by 1.

Preserved liches did not lose any hp when attacking with full hp, as far as I have seen. I am also clueless what might be the cause, really interested to see a save file with this bug.

And thank you Konrad2 for explaining stuff in my absence.
Last edited by Dugi on October 8th, 2012, 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

in "Heart Mountains" you a) win before reaching northern corner of map and
b) win when you step next to the undead leader in the cave
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You don't have to get exactly to the northern corner, you have to get 3 hexes or less from it. And the hex next to the undead leader was close enough. I have altered the coordinates now, so it should not happen anymore. Well, after that I release it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

in "Axadria" efraim has a not quite senseful monolog at the beginning i dont rly understand, as if a part is lost, is the monolog planned or should it be a dialog?

thought a little bit about the scenario:
shouldnt you add losing conditions like: losing when Addryn dies oturns run out or a orc enters the the library?
i mean when a orc enter the library, see a lot of paper but no gold, wouldnt he throw a torch in, instead of going sad away? (if addyrn dies the library is overruned, so is the same as one orc entering)

also why making going in the library winning condition? Adryn said that you could enter if you help against the orcs
if you just enter dont care about the orcs, the orcs would have enough time to lit a fire to burn the library down :D
defeating orcs is better winning condition i think